Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33143 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2016, 10:36:22 pm »
Corbe and I are in a pretty good place.  We aren't Trump worshippers who will feel hurt or betrayed if he hurts and betrays us.  We halfway expect it.

On the other hand, we aren't so obsessed with Trump hatred that we cannot be relieved or enjoy it when he does something that's good for conservatism and the country.

Yeah, Smoot-Hawley style tariffs, trade wars, and trillion dollar "stimulus" spending are going to be good for conservatism and the country.

Offline corbe

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2016, 10:48:13 pm »
That's just it, he hasn't done any of that yet and many seem to want to smooch his pooper pre-emptively

Instead of moving to Wala-Wala or Valhalla, what choice do we, as 'Principled Conservatives' have?
   Hate is not an option.
   I would be willing to compromise with you @geronl , give him 50 days instead of the usual 100.
   Till then, let's Pray that this become's  one of those 'Unexpected' things we've gotten so use to.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2016, 10:51:29 pm »
That's just it, he hasn't done any of that yet and many seem to want to smooch his pooper pre-emptively

What? Have you not seen his cabinet nominations?

@geronl

geronl

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2016, 10:51:36 pm »
Trump Tower evacuated over "suspicious" package today

Worst-case scenario came true

Yep, false alarm.

geronl

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2016, 10:52:20 pm »
What? Have you not seen his cabinet nominations?

@geronl

establishment insiders, cronies and lobbyists

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2016, 10:57:50 pm »

If they aren't cronies who bought their positions they're scapegoats that Trump will blame when he needs a scapegoat just like he's done in business over the years.

geronl

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2016, 10:58:48 pm »
If they aren't cronies who bought their positions they're scapegoats that Trump will blame when he needs a scapegoat just like he's done in business over the years.

Interesting how the biggest campaign donors get cabinet positions...

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2016, 11:02:17 pm »

Anti EPA guy, Anti public school guy..yeah typical establishment cronies.

@geronl

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2016, 11:03:16 pm »
@bigheadfred
I wish Cruz was our next President.  He would be the most likely to move us back towards our Constitutional Republic.

Alas, we live in a different world.   I dislike Trump immensely but IMO he's better than Clinton, marginally but still better.   His cabinet picks have been pretty good so far.  I don't get some of the appointments and they point to some connection to the establishment (Reince Preibus) that defies all the talk of draining the swamp.

I believe anything is possible at this point, perhaps the horse will learn to talk.

I hope Trump accomplishes some of the things he said. I simply don't like the guy. And I have a history of sharply criticizing pollytician's. Especially presidents.  I am not much for riding around on bandwagons.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2016, 11:08:21 pm »
I am not much for riding around on bandwagons.

I tend to get really nervous when groups worship leaders like rock stars.  History shows us really bad things tend to happen.

You start giving them rock star treatment and next thing you know they're installing roman columns at the inauguration and calling him "The One".  Or worse, "Sieg Heil".

Offline corbe

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2016, 11:09:13 pm »
  The supplier screwed up.
  The pumps to drain the swamp were incorrect.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2016, 11:11:41 pm »

That's pretty gross.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2016, 11:25:25 pm »
I recall 8 years ago of reading similar article entitled the same way.  That was the most significant election in history as it proved the US had gotten past its slavery past by electing a black.

So which one is the most significant?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2016, 11:38:49 pm »
  The supplier screwed up.
  The pumps to drain the swamp were incorrect.

Looks to me like you could stomp some new holes in its ass with those things.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2016, 11:40:04 pm »
I recall 8 years ago of reading similar article entitled the same way.  That was the most significant election in history as it proved the US had gotten past its slavery past by electing a black.

So which one is the most significant?

lately it seems like everything has to be hyped to absurd levels

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
lately it seems like everything has to be hyped to absurd levels

It has to be. People are fixated by their electronic devices. If it ain't viral it ain't worth watching.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2016, 12:42:26 am »
Yeah, Smoot-Hawley style tariffs, trade wars, and trillion dollar "stimulus" spending are going to be good for conservatism and the country.

Why do 'you people' long for disaster to strike the country?

Do you hate Trump more than you love our country

Trump has not done anything yet to make all your fears come True.

He very well may but wait until he does.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline endicom

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2016, 01:09:44 am »

Fredo syndrome.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2016, 01:52:37 am »

What I despise are the people that have put him on a pedestal and are treating him like some kind of God that will change America with his magic wand.

What I despise are the people that call me a Hillary supporter or claim I'm a traitor who deserves imprisonment because I didn't vote for Trump.

I DO love this country...and that's why I despise this Orange Buffoon as much as I do other Liberal politicians.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2016, 01:53:33 am »

lol.

Giving him unwarranted praise and adoration is just as awful.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2016, 02:54:05 am »

Just quoting Trump himself, and what he desires to do.

Why is believing that he's telling the truth about his liberal goals necessarily 'hating' him?

And since when is despising liberalism not loving the country?

I agree he hasn't "done" anything horrible yet as President, but his ambitions and his clear desire to ignore the Constitution and make all the rules himself don't bode well for the future.

Don't be so hard on people who can't trust a man who lies about everything.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2016, 03:07:12 am »

Its articles like this that prompt people to have an immediate reaction.  Articles like this and Trumps own tweets proclaiming he saved Christmas and is the hope of the world.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:07:48 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2016, 03:12:18 am »

The question I have is why did "you people" nominate and elect an amoral con man to the presidency of the United States. I don't hate Trump, because honestly his election has zero impact on my life and I simply can't muster up enough concern to care one way or another.  :shrug:

What is mystifying to me is those who are in love with the chump.  :thud: and somehow think he is going to change the direction of the country. The country will change when the culture changes from the people up, not from the top down regardless of party. Before this election I thought most Conservatives were rational thinking people, but I was wrong. Most political conservatives are just as driven by emotion as the libs, the political system and the business of government has devolved into one side or the other rooting for their team.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:19:15 am by montanajoe »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2016, 03:17:01 am »
The question I have is why did "you people" nominate and elect an amoral con man to the presidency of the United States. I don't hate Trump, because honestly his election has zero impact on my life and I simply can't muster up enough concern to care on way or another.  :shrug:

What is mystifying to me is those who are in love with the chump.  :thud: and somehow think he is going to change the direction of the country. The country will change when the culture changes from the people up, not from the top down regardless of party. Before this election I thought most Conservatives were rational thinking people, but I was wrong. Most political conservatives are just as driven by emotion as the libs, the political system and the business of government has devolved into one side or the other rooting for their team.

You have a lot of company in that newfound and disturbing truth.

All rationality was set aside in this election.  Trump-fever has uncovered some very ugly things that I thought were just leftist lies about people on the right, but are clearly true among some of "us."

I believe it will take Conservatism and the Republican party decades to recover from this disaster.......... if it ever does.

We have lost all moral authority.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.