Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33153 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 06:52:18 pm »
Let's see how his "childish sort of vindictiveness" evolves once he's handed the keys to the IRS, FBI, CIA, et al.

So far, most of what I'm hearing from the most virulent Trump supporters falls under the category of "revenge".

All you people expecting the worst and dwelling on the faults we know all too well may be right.

But ... I'm tired of it.

The MSM and the leftists and the celebrity crowd are all singing that song.

I'm not gonna join in the chorus.

I'm going over to the Wait and See and Give Him a Chance crowd.

See you over there, maybe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2016, 06:53:13 pm »
It is more than just dollars.  It is the federal government vastly grown beyond their constitutional role, negatively impacting many different aspects of individuals lives.
That is true. Reagan started  talking about that and made a bit of progress.

But the forces with BOTH parties,, fed by the takers of all kinds, created a demand for services, and the federal government has the means to tax and spend for them.

It will NOT be changed overnight by one person. And Trump did not, really run on that agenda.

I do hope he makes progress turning the corner on federal spending, however.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2016, 06:54:16 pm »
That is true. Reagan started  talking about that and made a bit of progress.

But the forces with BOTH parties,, fed by the takers of all kinds, created a demand for services, and the federal government has the means to tax and spend for them.

It will NOT be changed overnight by one person. And Trump did not, really run on that agenda.

You mean the guy who wants to spend another trillion dollar "stimulus"?  Get real.  This guy is going to be another middling president like Clinton.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2016, 06:58:48 pm »
All you people expecting the worst and dwelling on the faults we know all too well may be right.

But ... I'm tired of it.

I'm equally weary of the comments from those I consider "virulent Trump supporters." I'll give him a chance, as he hasn't taken office yet.

I'll say this, though...he and Negan borrowed liberally from Teddy Roosevelt, regarding the "carry a big stick" part.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2016, 07:00:15 pm »
Let's just say I hope he isn't and leave it at that.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline thackney

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2016, 07:01:00 pm »

Very true.  Which is the primary reason I voted 3rd party this time around.

In general I like his cabinet announcements.  I hope they are not just his typical "announce the extreme and negotiate somewhere to the middle" techniques.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »

I think it's time to step back from hate and give him a chance to do some good.

There is nothing good in him.

geronl

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2016, 07:07:55 pm »

Because the trillions in new spending he has promised is oh so fiscally conservative.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »
Let's just say I hope he isn't and leave it at that.

Good point.

This "Pivotal Turning Point in Human History" hyperbolic nonsense is bordering on frightening.  The point of the US Presidency is not to change history.  The Founders did that.

What needs to happen now is that we right the course.  And Trump will not do that because he has no clue as to what the course actually is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »

Maybe not.  But I don't think he has a ruthless ideology or global ambitions.  His faults are petty, childlike and personal made more egregious and obvious because of his inherited wealth. 

I might have joined in with you at one time because I despise Trump as a man.

But the euphoria I've felt at getting rid of the deeply entrenched liberal choke hold on America has softened my hatred because, for whatever reason, Trump got them out.

I've said for ages that any Republican we could have nominated would have beaten her and I still believe that but I don't KNOW that.

Liberals are passionate in their liberalism... it's a religion to them.

Trump supporters are equally passionate ... and Trump is almost a religious figure to them.

Maybe he is the ONE who could have won.

I see no point in clutching Trump hatred at this point in history.  The Clintons are gone. Obama is gone and that's a good thing whatever happens with Trump.

If he is as bad as you think, that will soon become obvious.  But he would have to do something impossibly horrible for me to wish that he hadn't won ... that Hillary was our CIC.

geronl

« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »

Obama would have been gone anyway. Hillary would have likely lost to a ham sandwich. The culture and media and everything else is still just as liberal as they were before the election. (Trump too)

Offline corbe

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2016, 07:47:01 pm »

But ... I'm tired of it.

I'm there with you @Emjay
   Shaking off the last vestiges of 'hurty pants', myself, obviously
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »

Thanks!  It's nice to have company.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »
A stupid story but .... well, I kinda agree with the premise.  I was afraid we would never escape liberalism with the MSM and all the 'influential' celebrities and the more subtle influence of certain movies and TV shows. 

But the fact that we did defeat liberalism... even though it had the worst candidate ever ... is pretty dang impressive because we, too, had the worst candidate ever.

Yay, US !!

Defeat liberalism...subtle humor I like it.

Two things strike me about this story. The first, as I said many times before, is that I just cant figure out where in this country the people live that the election of a president affects their daily lives. My life will be no different whether 0 is in office, or Trump or Clinton. I'm mystified that for some it makes a difference :shrug:

The second thing the article makes clear to me is that many simply have no knowledge of history. I suppose it has to do with the education many recieve but the author clearly does not have even a passing familiarity with human history...

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2016, 08:45:33 pm »
thus just in.....covertly shot  photo .......of The Zombie in his Orange Beret!!!   

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2016, 08:56:00 pm »

@geronl

Jesus would disagree with you.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:08 pm »

@corbe @Emjay

Out of all the GOP candidates Trump was about my last choice.    Rational people do not want the President to fail.  Perhaps we don't want him to succeed in his agenda but not fail overall.

There are people on the left trying to destroy America.   There are those on the right who are so pant hurt that they are joining in lighting the matches.   Somehow they think the country can recover from a coup.

The globalists are salivating at the idea of a destabilized America.

Offline corbe

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2016, 09:25:59 pm »
@corbe @Emjay

Out of all the GOP candidates Trump was about my last choice.    Rational people do not want the President to fail.  Perhaps we don't want him to succeed in his agenda but not fail overall.

There are people on the left trying to destroy America.   There are those on the right who are so pant hurt that they are joining in lighting the matches.   Somehow they think the country can recover from a coup.

Very succulent point @driftdiver , I am clearly in the aforementioned group.

His philosophy has, before May 2015, been LIBERAL, so I do hope he fails in his personal Agenda and his Cabinet appointees have given me hope that there may be someone to counter his 'NY Values'.
    Other than that I trust him about as much as I trust obummer or hellary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2016, 09:28:15 pm »
@corbe @Emjay

And their work will continue with or without Trump.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2016, 09:42:36 pm »
@corbe @Emjay

Corbe and I are in a pretty good place.  We aren't Trump worshippers who will feel hurt or betrayed if he hurts and betrays us.  We halfway expect it.

On the other hand, we aren't so obsessed with Trump hatred that we cannot be relieved or enjoy it when he does something that's good for conservatism and the country.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2016, 09:51:32 pm »
I don't want to see Trump's presidency fail and I don't think he does either. I think he seems to be learning slowly but surely what kind of behavior is expected.

At this point I worry about what Trump might consider "success", however.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2016, 10:26:10 pm »
And their work will continue with or without Trump.

@bigheadfred
I wish Cruz was our next President.  He would be the most likely to move us back towards our Constitutional Republic.

Alas, we live in a different world.   I dislike Trump immensely but IMO he's better than Clinton, marginally but still better.   His cabinet picks have been pretty good so far.  I don't get some of the appointments and they point to some connection to the establishment (Reince Preibus) that defies all the talk of draining the swamp.

I believe anything is possible at this point, perhaps the horse will learn to talk.

Offline corbe

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2016, 10:33:23 pm »
          Stranger things have already happened.

geronl

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2016, 10:33:54 pm »
On the other hand, we aren't so obsessed with Trump hatred that we cannot be relieved or enjoy it when he does something that's good for conservatism and the country.

That's just it, he hasn't done any of that yet and many seem to want to smooch his pooper pre-emptively

Oceander

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2016, 10:35:10 pm »
I don't want to see Trump's presidency fail and I don't think he does either. I think he seems to be learning slowly but surely what kind of behavior is expected.

At this point I worry about what Trump might consider "success", however.

He won't fail - except when measured against the standards of his cultists - but he won't be that great either.  I forecast that the national debt will continue to accelerate, driven by his spending priorities, for one thing.