Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33146 times)

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 05:00:12 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 05:01:08 pm »
I know a few here (and all of TOS) would disagree with me, but I would put the birth of Jesus Christ a bit above the victory of Donald Trump in terms of pivotal events.

Again........ I know there are those who disagree, but..........

(This election is, however, as 'pivotal' as Obama's election in 2008............ and quite similar, in fact).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 05:02:51 pm »

Negan and Trump are one and the same IMO.

Ok, that may be a bit harsh, as Negan's not a billionaire...yet.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »
I know a few here (and all of TOS) would disagree with me, but I would put the birth of Jesus Christ a bit above the victory of Donald Trump in terms of pivotal events.

Again........ I know there are those who disagree, but..........

(This election is, however, as 'pivotal' as Obama's election in 2008............ and quite similar, in fact).

Yeah but Jesus got himself captured and crucified. Trump would never allow that to happen to himself.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2016, 05:06:06 pm »
Yeah but Jesus got himself captured and crucified. Trump would never allow that to happen to himself.
:silly: That Judas was a real loser.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 05:14:33 pm »
That may be your opinion but it is not a fact.  On Jan 20, 2017, Donald Trump will be sworn in as POTUS.  He will be the president of  all of our nation. 

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts....

Opinions are not facts, even when they are yours.....

Get over it, get used to it, and get on with life as a mature and rational adult.

I think what @geronl is laughing at...and I agree with...Is the author's attempt to place the election of Trump on the same historical level as the birth of Christ...the Magna Carta and the founding of this Nation.

Donny doesn't even come close to that as far as historical significance in the history of mankind.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Zombie has in the past done great with photo exposes of events.

He should stick with photography.  His writing sucks. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 05:18:06 pm »
Sort of reminds me of this tripe:

"The seas will begin to fall and the planet shall begin to heal."

It was laughable bollocks then, it's laughable bollocks now.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2016, 05:41:37 pm »

They don't just want a Nobel Prize for Trump (like Obama) before he does anything, no, they want him regarded as the most important person who ever lived in history. lol.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2016, 05:42:56 pm »
They don't just want a Nobel Prize for Trump (like Obama) before he does anything, no, they want him regarded as the most important person who ever lived in history. lol.

Maybe Trump will establish a thousand year presidency.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2016, 06:00:22 pm »

Aye.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2016, 06:08:57 pm »
I can't believe there are people out there that actually think like that...guess fake news must evolve into fake opinions... :shrug:

A stupid story but .... well, I kinda agree with the premise.  I was afraid we would never escape liberalism with the MSM and all the 'influential' celebrities and the more subtle influence of certain movies and TV shows. 

But the fact that we did defeat liberalism... even though it had the worst candidate ever ... is pretty dang impressive because we, too, had the worst candidate ever.

Yay, US !!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »
But the fact that we did defeat liberalism... even though it had the worst candidate ever ... is pretty dang impressive because we, too, had the worst candidate ever.

Yay, US !!

Ma'am. I like your style.

Thank you for the smile.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 06:15:19 pm »
A stupid story but .... well, I kinda agree with the premise.  I was afraid we would never escape liberalism with the MSM and all the 'influential' celebrities and the more subtle influence of certain movies and TV shows. 

Yay, US !!

And all it took was the election of the single most liberal lying bottom feeding piece of trash republican the world has ever seen.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 06:18:37 pm »
So......you mean to tell me that not one of the self-described big brains in this joint feels that a Donald Trump administration isn't a 180 degree turn from the direction in which our country, under a Hillary Clinton administration would have taken us.

1) Progressive, activist SCOTUS judges in the majority for about the next 30 years

2) The death of free market capitalism in our markets

3) Regulations written with the sole intent to destroy the American Middle Class.

4) The continuation of treating our long-established allies as enemies and our enemies...especially in the Middle East...as allies.

5) The continuation of multi-Trillion dollar debt upon our existing $20 Trillion...which was 'only' $10.6 Trillion when GWB left.

"Pivotal" is the perfect word to describe it.   Trump winning has probably saved a million lives.   We'll see.   

Won't we?    :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:19:52 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:33 pm »
So......you mean to tell me that not one of the self-described big brains in this joint feels that a Donald Trump administration isn't a 180 degree turn from the direction in which our country, under a Hillary Clinton administration would have taken us.

If the federal government doesn't shrink under his administration, it is not a change in direction.  Going slower in the same direction is not a 180 degree turn.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2016, 06:24:30 pm »
And all it took was the election of the single most liberal lying bottom feeding piece of trash republican the world has ever seen.

Ahem.  Did someone say 'hyperbole?'

I'm beginning to wonder about stuff.  A dangerous thing to do, I know.  But what if Trump actually was the right guy to rouse the multitudes?  I know he tapped into some of people's worst emotions but maybe this was the time in history that we needed that.

There's really no way to know and we won't know about Trump, the president, for a while.  But, so far, he hasn't exactly drained the swamp but he's made some good appointments.

Personally, Trump is not a good guy.  He is neurotic and self-obsessed and the world knows that about him.  Because he never shuts up.  He is no more neurotic and self-obsessed than, say, Obama, but Obama had the common sense to keep his weaknesses out of the public eye ... helped along with the media, of course.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »
If the federal government doesn't shrink under his administration, it is not a change in direction.  Going slower in the same direction is not a 180 degree turn.

Okay.....that's about spending and deficits.

What about the abstract values?   Putin being an ally in the War on Islamic Terror, together with Israel?   

GWB toppled the statue in Baghdad in about one month.   It wouldn't shouldn't take longer than that to liquidate ISIS and perhaps slap the Shiite-eating grin off of Iran.

That, IMO, is a pivotal turning point in human history.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2016, 06:29:42 pm »
Okay.....that's about spending and deficits.

It is more than just dollars.  It is the federal government vastly grown beyond their constitutional role, negatively impacting many different aspects of individuals lives.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2016, 06:35:48 pm »

Trump is a liberal and a celebutard

geronl

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 06:37:14 pm »
  But what if Trump actually was the right guy to rouse the multitudes?  I know he tapped into some of people's worst emotions but maybe this was the time in history that we needed that.

Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Fidel all roused the multitudes...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »

So did George Washington, Abe Lincoln,  Pope John Paul II and Ronald Reagan   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 06:43:59 pm »

But those men were evil and into power and hatred.

Trump does not have those motives.  His evil side is personal greed, misogyny, and a childish sort of vindictiveness.

I think it's time to step back from hate and give him a chance to do some good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2016, 06:48:47 pm »

Trump does not have those motives.  His evil side is personal greed, misogyny, and a childish sort of vindictiveness.

I don't have to like the man to appreciate any good he might do.

If he succeeds in changing the progressive trajectory of the nation then I'll be happy to admit to being wrong. But I still won't like him.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:11 pm »

Let's see how his "childish sort of vindictiveness" evolves once he's handed the keys to the IRS, FBI, CIA, et al.

So far, most of what I'm hearing from the most virulent Trump supporters falls under the category of "revenge".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.