Author Topic: More Than 60 Russians Died From Drinking Bath Lotion; Putin Moves To Cut Booze Tax  (Read 859 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Officials blame a bath lotion used as a liquor substitute in Russia for an outbreak of alcohol poisoning that has now killed 61 people, according to state-run media. As the death toll mounts, President Vladimir Putin plans to cut excise taxes on alcohol, in an effort to cut the demand for surrogate options.

Putin is also pushing for tighter regulation of the manufacture and sale of any product that contains more than 25 percent alcohol, according to multiple Russian news outlets. At the local level in Irkutsk, Siberia, the city where the outbreak struck, officials have banned the sale of any nonfood alcohol-containing products as they try to pull the lethal bath lotion from store shelves.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiwlPnpw5LRAhWoilQKHcbqBloQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Fsections%2Fthetwo-way%2F2016%2F12%2F21%2F506440314%2Fmore-than-60-russians-die-from-drinking-bath-lotion-putin-moves-to-cut-booze-tax&usg=AFQjCNHuTXqAcpJ_Fpp2B_rWfXAciA7-jQ&sig2=vkgvJHhhZnDY37-3DYY7kw

Sounds like a bad redux of Silence of the Lambs.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

Maybe they could hold a prayer vigil for the victims if Putin had not outlawed public professions of faith (even at home!)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Cut taxes and increase regulation?

Yeah that's brilliant.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer