Author Topic: Trump: - When will we fight back?  (Read 12245 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump: - When will we fight back?
« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2017, 02:53:38 am »
Keep after the rat b@stards who aren't following the Constitution. Hound them in townhalls with hard questions, write them, write letters to the editor and op eds to expose that things just aren't supposed to work the way they are being done. Rouse a rabble and come up with challengers to take them on at the polls who will honor their oath of office and the Constitution.

There are no guarantees, but if we can't get the voters riled up at the way things are being done, there is little we can do that will be effective aside from teaching the next generations how it is supposed to work and hopint they will be able to help carry the day.

Just relating to my grandchildren days of fishing without needing a license, carrying a rifle around the farm at the ripe old age of 12 (yes, with ammo), Driving tractors (much younger), being able to take a boat out at the same age (having been raised to it), and doing a host of other things kids aren't allowed to do until they are 16 or 18 now (demonstrated responsibility led to privilege which. once gained, was status among our peers) has opened their eyes to a far more oppressive society that developed since.

Any youngster can be brought into that fold, and they often resent being told what to do anyway. That doesn't mean rebellion against decency and morality, but rebelling against the idea that they can't be responsible enough or skilled enough to do those things. Many of those I went to college with are write-offs, and a host of those since, having abdicated their birthright for the comfortable chains of the nanny state. I do not expect major change until the demographics change. That is why it is doubly important to reach out to immigrants and get them to realize their newfound relative freedom is just a taste of what it should be, even though it may seem enormous compared to life where they came from. They will be an essential part of getting back to the Constitution, because if they are on the other side, it won't happen.

So, the same that we've been doing.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #151 on: January 01, 2017, 04:15:29 am »
You need a license to fish????? Oh crap... :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #152 on: January 01, 2017, 05:47:42 am »
So, the same that we've been doing.
This mess (including the dumbing  down of an entire population as to what Rights and Liberty are) wasn't made in a decade, more like a century. It may take at least as long to right it without violent upheaval. If violent upheaval occurs, all bets are off, as the sort of classically educated people who valued their sacred honor in historical terms above even life and fortune aren't likely to be the ones crafting the new government. They may be possessed of vast knowledge, but seldom the wisdom evident in the Founders' efforts.
It is the people who have allowed their Rights and Liberty to be sacrificed on the altars of security and convenience, and it is the people who will have to demand their return, by peaceable means or otherwise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2017, 05:48:15 am »
You need a license to fish????? Oh crap... :laugh:
Only if you get caught.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis