Author Topic: DONALD TRUMP WILDLY CHEERED at Christmas Eve Church Service  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DONALD TRUMP WILDLY CHEERED at Christmas Eve Church Service
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:12 pm »
DONALD TRUMP WILDLY CHEERED at Christmas Eve Church Service
Gateway Pundit. December 25, 2016, Kristinn Taylor

President-elect Donald Trump was applauded and cheered by parishioners as he and his wife arrived for a Christmas Eve service around 10:30 p.m. EST at Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida according to reports. The church was the site of Trump’s 2005 wedding to soon to be First Lady Melania Trump.

“ Florida parishioners cheer for Trump tonight as he arrives for Christmas Eve mass pic.twitter.com/WF08gtF5OM

— Chris Snyder (@ChrisSnyderFox) December 25, 2016

“Florida parishioners cheer for Trump tonight as he arrives for Christmas Eve mass”

The pool report was posted to Twitter by Time’s Zeke Miller:

“ Pool: President-elect Trump is attending church pic.twitter.com/YOIRXfhFXA

— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) December 25, 2016

“Pool: President-elect Trump is attending church”

The service is being streamed live at this link.

“ Trump Street Team's Erwin sitting across from Trump at Christmas Eve service Episcopal Church of Bethesda by the sea | Midnight Mass pic.twitter.com/arJslEDSlx

— Trump Street Team FL (@ChatRevolve) December 25, 2016

“Trump Street Team’s Erwin sitting across from Trump at Christmas Eve service Episcopal Church of Bethesda by the sea | Midnight Mass”

The Palm Beach Post reported Trump received a standing ovation from the congregation when he arrived at the church.

Here’s a wonderful video at the church tonight: 

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/trump-cheered-at-christmas-eve-church-service-live-stream/

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:30:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: DONALD TRUMP WILDLY CHEERED at Christmas Eve Church Service
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 07:13:10 pm »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:13:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 07:15:01 pm »

geronl

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 07:18:10 pm »
Trump is most false god of all time

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »

There are people who actually think that's true.

Even last year people were claiming that they heard "Merry Christmas" spoken more often, and it was because of Donald Trump. Anyone who really believes that is insane.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 09:49:42 pm »
A foul-mouthed pervert who calls his own daughter a "fine piece of @$$" gets cheered at church.

That ain't no real church.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 09:56:58 pm »
I really don't like cheering in church. Never have.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 10:04:06 pm »
There are people who actually think that's true.

Even last year people were claiming that they heard "Merry Christmas" spoken more often, and it was because of Donald Trump. Anyone who really believes that is insane.

@Machiavelli

Yes, I've seen it referred to as "Trump's promise to save Merry Christmas."

One:  The president has zero influence on the kind of greeting people choose to use with one another, unless he's a magical wizard who can......oh.

Two:  I've been saying Merry Christmas all along.  So have most of the people I know, and most of the people I encounter, including retail workers.  All I can assume is that the wish for Trump to "save Merry Christmas" originated with weak, easily intimidated people who need someone stronger to give them permission to do it, to back them up.

Three:  When you're in church, you have no business screaming and cheering for another sinful human being.  It's a house of worship---and not of Trump.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 10:08:15 pm »
@Machiavelli

Yes, I've seen it referred to as "Trump's promise to save Merry Christmas."

One:  The president has zero influence on the kind of greeting people choose to use with one another, unless he's a magical wizard who can......oh.

2015- Trump companies were all "Happy Holidays"

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 10:24:09 pm »

@geronl

Whoops.   :laugh:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 11:04:46 pm »

Basically a 'Reasons Why Trump ran' speech.

Trump could no longer stand to see the word Christmas stripped from public use.
Could not stand firefighters no longer able to fly the American flag on their trucks.
many more in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FipC5fW4Sq4
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 11:20:36 pm »
RNC: Just like that night thousands of years ago, we can rejoice in a new King!!

Pure blasphemy all around

geronl

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 11:21:41 pm »
Basically a 'Reasons Why Trump ran' speech.

Trump could no longer stand to see the word Christmas stripped from public use.

Utter hogwash. Trump companies awere all about "Happy Holidays" in 2015.  Trump loves Trump and that is all.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 02:37:56 am »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/22/christians-winning-the-war-on-christmas/

The holy day prevails
There’s a war on Christmas, and the Christians are winning it

By Kelly Riddell - The Washington Times - Thursday, December 22, 2016

At a rally in Wisconsin last week, President-elect Donald Trump debuted a new podium placard captioned: “Merry Christmas, USA. Thank You Tour 2016.”

Mr. Trump stood in front of six lit Christmas trees and vowed — much like he had throughout the campaign season — that Americans would be able to say Merry Christmas again.

“When I started 18 months ago, I told my first crowd in Wisconsin that we are going to come back here some day and we are going to say ‘Merry Christmas‘ again,” he said. “Merry Christmas. So, Merry Christmas everyone. Happy New Year, but Merry Christmas.”

Liberals dismiss the idea of a “War on Christmas,” and coverage of it in the major newspapers and broadcast news is virtually non-existent. When the topic is broached, it’s often to put down the idea, or to mock it.

The New York Times wrote this week: “There is no evidence of an organized attack on Christmas in the United States.”

In it, the Times quotes the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, the executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, who said the “annual uproar is based on `stories that only sometimes even contain a grain of truth and often are completely false.’”

Except that’s not true.

This year, once again, there are plentiful examples of the left looking to diminish or extinguish the public celebration of Christmas.

In a park in Boca Raton, Florida, a middle school teacher set up a satanic pentagram display next to the town’s nativity scene and menorah. Above the pentagram is a sign that reads: “In Satan we trust. One nation under Antichrist.”

Despite protests from the community, local officials can do nothing about it because it sits in a “freedom of speech zone,” the Palm Beach Post reported. The teacher will also go unpunished because he set up the display in his free time.

President Barack Obama — who has pushed transgender bathroom laws onto the national stage — hasn’t had a Christmas card in any of his eight years as president that said “Merry Christmas.” Instead, all of his cards have featured “Happy Holidays.”

In contrast, The New York Post pointed out George W. Bush’s Christmas cards’ included Bible verses in them.

Earlier this month, an Indiana town had to remove a cross from its Christmas tree, because the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit, alleging the Latin cross on the town’s square tree violated the establishment clause in the First Amendment.

Public universities are also fretting about Christmas — and how their students may perceive and be offended by the holidays.

Missouri State University issued a list of “holiday decoration guidelines” to its students that warned it would “generally be inappropriate” to display items such as a cross, the nativity scene, drawings of the baby Jesus or Mohammed, and the Bible or the Koran in common areas of the university.

“Images that seem neutral to some may be experienced as religious by others with different traditions,” the school wrote.

As reported by Campus Reform, a conservative higher-education watchdog, Marquette University omitted the word “Christmas” from its annual tree lighting this year — after previously having announcements that referred to the event as a “Christmas tree lighting” that was featured as a “blessing” to “celebrate the start of advent.”

Last year, Harvard University had to issue an apology after it gave its students “holiday place mats for social justice,” that spelled out liberal talking points so its students could combat their conservative family members during Christmas break.

The American Family Association has put together a retailer list of “naughty or nice” companies that use or ignore the word Christmas in their advertising. Among the naughties this year are Barnes & Noble, Victoria’s Secret and Best Buy.

But the tide is turning, and nothing symbolizes that better than Mr. Trump’s victory. Christians — who turned out to support Mr. Trump by an 81 percent margin — have decided to fight back, after long being under siege by the left’s culture war.

Bill O’Reilly, who has continually featured the “War on Christmas” on his Fox News show, declared last week that the war has “basically been won” by conservatives, and that now, it’s just “a clean-up operation.”

And he may be right.

Last week, along with Mr. Trump’s Merry Christmas tour, a Texas judge ordered a school district to restore a Christmas decoration that included a biblical verse recited by Linus in the 1960s TV special “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

A nurse’s aide Dedra Shannon had put the display on her door, which depicted Linus saying, “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord … That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”

After an hour-long hearing, Judge Jack Jones ruled that the door display should be put back up with an added line: “Ms. Shannon’s Christmas message.”

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 03:00:19 am »
Mr. Trump stood in front of six lit Christmas trees and vowed — much like he had throughout the campaign season — that Americans would be able to say Merry Christmas again.

This is monumental horse manure. We've always been free to say Merry Christmas. Furthermore, this whole "War on Christmas" thing is greatly exaggerated.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 05:47:11 am »
@Fishrrman, so why do you need someone to give you permission to say Merry Christmas? 

geronl

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 06:01:52 am »
Trump Cryst Superstar

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 06:42:41 pm »
They have their new messiah, their new Obama, their new object of worship whose life story has been exactly the opposite of what a believer's life should be.

Rest assured, however, that God will not be mocked. He may have provided us a reprieve from Hillary Clinton, but the President Elect shall get his due, and those that hoot and holler at him in the Lord's place shall likewise receive His judgement.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 09:39:29 pm »

Not surprising in the least.

He's a charlatan from stem to stern.

Every word out of his mouth is aimed at his followers.  None even remotely related to truth.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »
@Fishrrman, so why do you need someone to give you permission to say Merry Christmas?

The question of the decade.

No one I know has stopped saying Merry Christmas, and no one I know has waited for permission from on high.

This is one of the most absurd tenets of Trump doctrine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 09:58:59 pm »
   Since Episcopal Doctrine does not allow cell phone use during service, no one could retweet or like him on facebook, so they responded the old fashion way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 11:12:29 pm »

No one I know has stopped saying Merry Christmas, and no one I know has waited for permission from on high.

The girl at the post office said it when I was in there Friday morning just like the now retired postmistress said when I was in there last year and the year before. This morning I was out to the little town where I grew up and there are banners hanging over main street just like they always have that say "Merry Christmas".

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 12:45:04 am »

@musiclady

Honestly, I don't hear "Happy Holidays" much at all. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:46:15 am by CatherineofAragon »