Exclusive Content > News

President Obama's abandonment of Israel

(1/3) > >>

pjohns:
Well, President Obama--in breaking with a roughly 40-year-old tradition--has now decided to decline to veto a UN resolution condemning Israel, and calling upon it to withdraw from the West Bank.

It is simply appalling!

But I have an idea:  Why not just withdraw from the UN entirely?

President-elect Donald Trump said, just yesterday, that there would be some serious changes as regarding our policy toward the UN, beginning on January 20 (his day of inauguration).

Whereas I rather doubt that this will include our total withdrawal from the UN, I truly wish that it would.

And I think that Israel should withdraw from the UN, also.

This is just another example of the globalists' attempts to attenuate nationalism--a quite dismal idea, in my opinion. 

Way back in the 1960s, there was a bumper sticker that read, "Get the US out of the UN, and get the UN out of the US."

Although I am not ordinarily much of a fan of bumper-sticker logic, this piece of wisdom was completely in keeping with my own view--both then and now...

EC:
With respect, you've not exactly thought that through.

The UN will not cease to exist simply because the USA withdraws. What it will have, however, is much greater freedom of action, since one of the only 7 nations who can unilaterally block UN action will no longer have a say in what happens.

If a beast exists, it's better to be the one holding the leash, right?

pjohns:

--- Quote from: EC on December 24, 2016, 08:58:42 pm ---With respect, you've not exactly thought that through.

The UN will not cease to exist simply because the USA withdraws. What it will have, however, is much greater freedom of action, since one of the only 7 nations who can unilaterally block UN action will no longer have a say in what happens.

--- End quote ---

In the first place, the US--by abstaining from the vote that condemns Israel--is no longer "unilaterally block[ing]" those states whose values are antithetical to our own.

Moreover, if the US--and Israel--were merely to withdraw from the UN, and totally ignore their edicts--just as if they did not even exist--I truly cannot see the downside of that...

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: EC on December 24, 2016, 08:58:42 pm ---With respect, you've not exactly thought that through.

--- End quote ---

Excellent post @EC     :thumbsup2:

Sighlass:

--- End quote ---

The US is the one feeding that beast the most with our tax dollars. Let it go hungry and when it barks ignore it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version