Author Topic: Murder of Russian Ambassador: What We Know So Far - Clarion Project  (Read 1107 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This past week seemed like "days that shook the world", a term used about the missile crisis when JFK was the president.  I hope we don't see too much of this kind of upheaval.

If one is interested, I would urge one to look at the below list, it's pretty intense.

Excerpted:
Murder of Russian Ambassador: What We Know So Far
Al Qaeda's affiliate in Syria takes responsibility for the assassination, saying it was in revenge for Russian's killing of women and children.

Thu, December 22, 2016

Jaish al-Fatah -- formerly the al-Nusra Front, al-Qaeda’s affiliate in Syria -- claimed responsibility for the December 19 assassination of the Russia’s ambassador to Turkey. The group said they were helped by the Turkish nationalist and neo-fascist organization the Grey Wolves as well as the Turkmenistan Islamic party. ...

2. The assassin worked as Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s security guard on at least eight occasions, serving in details that back up Erdogan’s personal body guards.

The assassin did not go through the security x-ray check at the museum. When he was warned by security guards, he showed his police ID card and was allowed entrance to the building where he would kill the Russian ambassador with 11 bullets.

4.Pakistan’s leading Islamist party declared Turkish murderer of Russian ambassador “hero.”

See More At: https://www.clarionproject.org/news/murder-russian-ambassador-what-we-know-so-far

What if what happened, had happened to our ambassador? There certainly are a lot of issues and questions here.

Offline TomSea

Re: Murder of Russian Ambassador: What We Know So Far - Clarion Project
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:55 pm »
Grey Wolves: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Wolves_(organization)

So, sometimes, people say history shows us connections between some Middle Eastern figures and the 3rd Reich back in the day.

These Grey Wolves look intense and are under #1 above.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:35:02 pm »
Check this out, I know some countries like Syria for example, have a bloody past from when Hafez Assad ruled:

Turkish News and per those Grey Wolves and on Dec. 23, 1978:

38 years passed since the Maraş Massacre
— 23 Aralık 2016

The Maraş massacre (Maraş katliamı) was the massacre of more than one hundred Alevi civilians in the city of Kahramanmaraş, Turkey, in December 1978 by the neo-fascist Grey Wolves. Though the tensions were initially ignited by a noise bomb throwing into a movie theatre frequently visited by ultra-nationalists. The incident is best remembered for the subsequent campaign of violence directed against left-wingers, largely Alevis, although some left-wing Sunnis and Kurds were also targeted.

The incident in Kahramanmaraş lasted from 19 to 26 December 1978. It started with a bomb thrown into a cinema attended mostly by right-wingers. Rumours spread that left-wingers had thrown the bomb. The next day, a bomb was thrown into a coffee-shop frequently visited by left-wingers, In the evening of 21 December 1978 the teachers Hacı Çolak and Mustafa Yüzbaşıoğlu were killed on their way home. They were known as left-wingers. While a crowd of some 5,000 people prepared for the funeral, right-wing groups stirred up emotions saying that “the communists are going to bomb the mosque, and will massacre our Muslim brothers”.

Pictures and Article:  http://www.londragazete.com/2016/12/23/38-years-passed-since-the-maras-massacre/

website above seems to be out of London.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »
Russian envoy’s murderer attended sermons of controversial pro-Erdoğan cleric
By TM - December 24, 2016

While the Turkish government insists on claiming that Mert Altıntaş, the police officer who assassinated the Russian ambassador to Ankara, is linked to the Gülen movement, it has been discovered that the gunman attended the sermons of Nurettin Yıldız, a staunch supporter of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The Hürriyet daily reported on Saturday that police officer Altıntaş, who shouted al Nusra Front slogans after shooting the Russian ambassador in an art gallery on Monday, attended the sermons of Yıldız at Ankara’s Hacı Bayram Mosque.

Continued: http://www.turkishminute.com/2016/12/24/russian-envoys-murderer-attended-sermons-controversial-pro-erdogan-cleric/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:32:56 pm »
This past week seemed like "days that shook the world", a term used about the missile crisis when JFK was the president.  I hope we don't see too much of this kind of upheaval.

If one is interested, I would urge one to look at the below list, it's pretty intense.

Excerpted:
What if what happened, had happened to our ambassador? There certainly are a lot of issues and questions here.

It did. Our Secretary of State asked "what difference does it make?"

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 04:34:21 pm »
It did. Our Secretary of State asked "what difference does it make?"

I knew someone would bring that up; but the circumstances are not the same. Yes, Ambassador Stephens and the others should have had better security.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 04:54:04 pm »
I should have said what our reaction would be if we had the Bushes or Reagan in office. I think our reaction would be serious. Under Obama or Clinton, who knows?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 05:45:23 pm »
I knew someone would bring that up; but the circumstances are not the same. Yes, Ambassador Stephens and the others should have had better security.

Of course theyre not the same circumstances. But the important thing is - Islamists killed our ambassador.