Author Topic: 8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts - USA Today  (Read 1285 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts - USA Today
« on: December 27, 2016, 07:19:35 pm »
8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts

From the moment he joined, 8-year-old Joe Maldonado eagerly looked forward to camping trips and science projects with his Secaucus Cub Scout pack.

Abbott Koloff , Staff Writer, @AbbottKoloff

Joe loses spot in pack
A month after he joined Cub Scouts, officials told him to leave

From the moment he joined, 8-year-old Joe Maldonado eagerly looked forward to camping trips and science projects as a member of the Cub Scouts. But his expectations were dashed after his mother said she received a phone call from a scouting official who told her that Joe would no longer be allowed to participate because he was born a girl.

Kristie Maldonado said she was stunned because her son had been a member of Cub Scout Pack 87 in Secaucus for about a month, and his transgender status had not been a secret. But some parents complained, an official from the Northern New Jersey Council Boy Scout told her – even though her son had been living as a boy for more than a year and was accepted as a boy at school, she said
Joe Maldonado, 8, and his mother Kristie Maldonado,

Joe Maldonado, 8, and his mother Kristie Maldonado, of Secaucus, talk about Joe being kicked out of Cub Scouts because he was born a girl.
(Photo: Danielle Parhizkaran/Northjersey.com)

"Not one of the kids said, "You don’t belong here,’” Maldonado said of the scouts in the pack.

Continued: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2016/12/27/8-year-old-transgender-boy-barred-cub-scouts/95518824/

geronl

Re: 8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts - USA Today
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 07:33:09 pm »
No such thing as an 8-year old transgender

it's just child abuse and journalistic malpractice

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 07:33:58 pm »

:amen:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 07:36:55 pm »

Hipster parents who think it is cool to have a trans kid (the in thing was having a homosexual kid a few  years ago, now trans is in) forcing their views and gender desires on him instead of letting him develop in his own way.

When I was 8, I thought I was a dog.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:37:51 pm by AbaraXas »

geronl

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »
Hipster parents who think it is cool to have a trans kid (the in thing was having a homosexual kid a few  years ago, now trans is in).

When I was 8, I thought I was a dog.

These parents would have you chained in the backyard drinking from a bowl. And going to obedience school.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »
In the runup to the policy changes a couple of years ago, I presented this very scenario to the dunderheads at National, except at the Boy Scout level.

What, if anything, was Scouting going to do with those who claim to identify as boys but are genetically female when and if they demanded to join Scouting?  Showers at camp, tent buddies, 2 deep policy, etc...

How were they going to protect the female on outings and camping trips?  Scouts share tents, so the female would have to be segregated from the males.  They get done with an activity at camp and head for the showers...wanna bet the wanna be male is made to use the female showers?

Funny thing is, I suspect the female will resist this and place even more pressure on the Scouts and leaders.

BSA really stepped in it when they caved to PC pressures.

Now it's only going to get more and more complicated...glad I quit them before they quit having principles and morals.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »
These parents would have you chained in the backyard drinking from a bowl. And going to obedience school.
Yes, while demanding the taxpayers pay for obedience school for their transspecies child.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 07:57:03 pm »

I was such a handful, it probably crossed their minds. :)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 08:04:11 pm »
The Scouts in this case, should be commended for not allowing this.

A lot of girls call themselves "Tomboys", they climb trees and do things like that. Who knows what is going on here? The parents should not have allowed the girl to go into the Cub Scouts.

She has girl scouts she could go to. This is nutty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:26 pm »
Surprised the Scouts had the backbone to kick this freak out. They are weak sauce anymore.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »
Either a single mom or a cuck father.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 04:42:10 am »

I agree.  Shame on them.  This crap is being pushed so heavily.  When I was young I played soccer in the mud with the boys.  I loved to get dirty and play with the boys.  I guess I could say I was a tomboy.  But when I grew up I was woman.  These poor kids are confused.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.