Author Topic: UN passes resolution calling for end to Israeli settlements  (Read 3845 times)

geronl

Re: UN passes resolution calling for end to Israeli settlements
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2016, 05:26:57 am »
Time to turn the UN Building into Trump Tower - Turtle Bay.

A few years back he loved the UN so much he wanted to remodel the building for them

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2016, 08:03:25 am »
Obama may not be a practicing Muslim but he never misses a chance to support the interests of Islam over the interests of our nation and the Christian, Catholic, and Jewish believers.
--------------------------------------------------------------

That pretty much sums up the American Left as a whole.

I couldn't agree more.

During the campaign, the Left went bat crazy when a Trump supporter called Obama a Muslim and Trump did not correct that supporter.  The media fell over themselves repeating, "He's not a Muslim, He's not a Muslim, He's not a Muslim".

Truth be told, I don't think the majority of Americans could give a rat's ass if he's Muslim, Buddhist, or Hare Krishna.  What we do care about is whether or not he is pro-terrorist or anti-terrorist.

His record speaks for itself.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 08:31:14 am »
A few years back I posed the question: What would the U.S. look like if it were run by the UN?

I did so because it struck me as more than coincidental that Obama's polices ran parallel to those of the United Nations.  Today, I don't think it would surprise anyone if Obama works very closely with the UN after leaving office.  Talk of a Manchurian Candidate will be in the air again and whether true or not - it's a very easy case to make.

- Belief in a One World Government

- Utilize Agenda 21 as a lever to implement globalization

- Punish the United States

- Punish Israel

- Support terrorism without ever uttering the "T" word

- Empower global leaders such as George Soros and other disciples of Mayer Amschel (Rothschild)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2016, 07:19:23 pm »
Question for anyone reading this:

I admit my ignorance regarding the protocols of the UN Security Council.

The resolution passed because the United States voted to "abstain" (as distinguished from an outright veto), is this correct?

If so, after January 20th, and after a new representative appointed by President Trump has assumed duties -- can that new representative REVOKE the prior vote of abstention?

And if that is possible, can he then cast a veto vote in its place?

Jes' wonderin' ...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 07:53:07 pm »
Question for anyone reading this:

I admit my ignorance regarding the protocols of the UN Security Council.

The resolution passed because the United States voted to "abstain" (as distinguished from an outright veto), is this correct?

If so, after January 20th, and after a new representative appointed by President Trump has assumed duties -- can that new representative REVOKE the prior vote of abstention?

And if that is possible, can he then cast a veto vote in its place?

Jes' wonderin' ...

I've been wondering too.  I imagine the resolution stands until undone by another resolution, otherwise resolutions would be proclaimed and rescinded every day by the dozens, as governments all over the world change.  What can be done, now that Republicans (supposedly) are in charge, is to yank the purse strings, as Israel is now doing.  I don't see it likely though, because the Leftists have most people believing to do so would be to pull the rug out from under the peace'n'love machine known as the UN. 

This will be demagogued by the Democrats like anybody's business, once the NY idiots like Schumer wake up from their pique.  At the moment they're miffed at Obama for this, but will fall instantly back in line once it appears something may redound to the GOP's favor.  It always goes this way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2016, 08:06:41 pm »

I'm not sure that this will have the disastrous effect that is being claimed. The U.N. is now and always has been a toothless tiger.

Trump doesn't have much support for the U.N. and from what I am picking up internationally, Israel is reconsidering their participation in the U.N. altogether.

Regardless of Obama's feeling that he has a duty to support his 'bothers' in Palestine, many important players in the world, including some Muslim nations, do not share Hussein's zeal for Hamas and the PLO.

This too shall pass. Twenty-six more days will pass like a blink of the eye. And on that day the whole world will be a much different place.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2016, 08:28:51 pm »
I'm not sure that this will have the disastrous effect that is being claimed. The U.N. is now and always has been a toothless tiger.
Agreed

Trump doesn't have much support for the U.N. and from what I am picking up internationally, Israel is reconsidering their participation in the U.N. altogether.
That's what Netanyahu is saying.  I do not know how much cooperation he needs from the Knesset, which is not very reliable.

Regardless of Obama's feeling that he has a duty to support his 'bothers' in Palestine, many important players in the world, including some Muslim nations, do not share Hussein's zeal for Hamas and the PLO.
The Muslim countries are especially anxious about this, because the Palies are just as willing to kill the President of Egypt as they are Netanyahu (I'd suggest asking Anwar Sadat about that, but he's unavailable for comment).  They know there is the posture they must maintain, and that it is different from the reality in which they live.  They didn't get to where they are by being fools, sleepwalking through their Administrations like a certain jug-eared pansy we know.  Why is it the Palies are still living in squalid refugee camps in Jordan after over half a century?  Because they'd start killing Jordanian citizens if they didn't keep them locked up.

This too shall pass. Twenty-six more days will pass like a blink of the eye. And on that day the whole world will be a much different place.

I was not on either side of the Trump Wars that have been going on here for the past 6-10 months, but I'm on the "Hopeful because it's out of my hands now" side.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:30:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2016, 12:35:19 am »
If it EVER had any the UN has far outlived it's usefulness to the USA!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/world/2016/02/27/peacekeepers/

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/23708-amid-tsunami-of-scandals-un-ignores-massive-corruption

Exclusive: U.N. audit identifies serious lapses linked to alleged bribery

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-corruption-exclusive-idUSKCN0X00VD

Nonprofit Ties Scrutinized in U.N. Scandal

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nonprofit-ties-scrutinized-in-u-n-scandal-1444347290

"http://nypost.com/2015/10/06/former-general-assembly-president-charged-in-un-corruption-scandal/"

Turning a blind eye to UN sex abuse scandals

http://www.ccisua.org/2016/11/10/turning-blind-eye-un-sex-abuse-scandals/

The UN sex-for-food scandal

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/may/9/20060509-090826-9806r/

Amnesia, Followed By Near-Total Recall

It’s now more than six years since I first labeled a file “Oil-for-Food” and began reporting on the former relief program for Iraq that has since become shorthand for United Nations corruption.

In all that time, one of the greatest frustrations has been the shroud of secrecy, evasions and lies with which the UN to this day has veiled not only its handling of Oil-for-Food, but the long series of scandals that have continued to brew in its diplomatically immune depths.

For outsiders, one of the biggest obstacles to uncovering the truth about the UN is the sheer tedium of its procedures and lingo. Waste, fraud and abuse–when disclosed at all–tend to come wrapped in generic labels, referring in many cases to unnamed officials, with the shockers often embedded deep in lengthy, bloodless reports. Investigations too often devolve into drawn-out coverups, while UN officials look for ways to contain not the harm to the public, but the damage to the UN’s reputation.

Even in the reports of the supposedly tell-all 2004-2005 UN-authorized inquiry into Oil-for-Food, led by Paul Volcker, it is hard in many places to draw a line between exposé and coverup. One of my favorite examples is Volcker’s first interim report, released in February 2005, in which his committee described disturbing behavior by the person who was then deputy secretary general, Louise Frechette, referring to her 12 times without once mentioning her name.

When Volcker finished his inquiry, instead of heeding congressional urgings to release the underlying evidence, he turned the archive over to the black hole of the UN’s own legal department. This not only ensured that many lingering questions would remain unanswered; it obscured the matter of whether they had ever been asked in the first place.

So, it was with great interest that this week I picked up a new book on the UN, Backstabbing for Beginners: My Crash Course in International Diplomacy by Michael Soussan. Framed as a coming-of-age story, this is an insider memoir by a former UN staffer turned whistle-blower.

Born in Denmark and schooled in France and the U.S., Soussan went to work for Oil-for-Food in 1997, arriving as a wide-eyed young man with a desire to “make a difference.” In 2000, about halfway through the 1996-2003 program, he resigned in disgust. Four years later, when scandal erupted over the program, he began to speak up.

Soussan spent much of his time at Oil-for-Food at the right hand of the program’s executive director Benon Sevan, an Armenian Cypriot whose Byzantine management style earned him the in-house nickname of “Pasha.” This was a prime perch from which to observe the UN’s inner workings.

Soussan writes with a crisp sense of the absurd, lampooning a long list of characters and UN practices. For those who would see no evil in the UN, there is plenty here to illuminate its internal contradictions, endless infighting and the self-serving ethos of its ever-expanding operations. There are anecdotes here that ought to warn off any U.S. administration from placing any serious trust in this institution.

But it was with a certain disquiet that I reached the end of this 332-page book. To get to the real news, you have to turn to page 295. That’s where Soussan discloses, 10 years after the fact, that he was present at the moment when the alleged deal went down between the Iraqis and Sevan for the Oil-for-Food director to start receiving payoffs from the government of Baghdad. (Sevan, who has been living for more than three years beyond reach of U.S. extradition on Cyprus, says he is innocent of all wrong-doing.)

In considerable detail, Soussan now recounts the scene (1998, at a lavish lunch hosted by an Iraqi official at the Baghdad Hunting Club) complete with quotes, the fish and salad on the menu, and the bistro attire of the waiters. Hit with indigestion, Soussan was making trips to and from the men’s room and did not hear the full conversation between the official and Sevan. But he heard enough, both at the table and on the way back out to the car, to reconstruct a fair chunk of the exchange, including Sevan’s inquiry about how to procure Iraqi oil contracts for a friend.

-end excerpt

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/26/soussan-united-nations-oped-cx_cr_1127rosett.html

This year still embroiled in sex scandals with children.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2016, 03:14:13 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/world/2016/02/27/peacekeepers/

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/23708-amid-tsunami-of-scandals-un-ignores-massive-corruption

Exclusive: U.N. audit identifies serious lapses linked to alleged bribery

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-corruption-exclusive-idUSKCN0X00VD

Nonprofit Ties Scrutinized in U.N. Scandal

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nonprofit-ties-scrutinized-in-u-n-scandal-1444347290

"http://nypost.com/2015/10/06/former-general-assembly-president-charged-in-un-corruption-scandal/"

Turning a blind eye to UN sex abuse scandals

http://www.ccisua.org/2016/11/10/turning-blind-eye-un-sex-abuse-scandals/

The UN sex-for-food scandal

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/may/9/20060509-090826-9806r/

Amnesia, Followed By Near-Total Recall

It’s now more than six years since I first labeled a file “Oil-for-Food” and began reporting on the former relief program for Iraq that has since become shorthand for United Nations corruption.

In all that time, one of the greatest frustrations has been the shroud of secrecy, evasions and lies with which the UN to this day has veiled not only its handling of Oil-for-Food, but the long series of scandals that have continued to brew in its diplomatically immune depths.

For outsiders, one of the biggest obstacles to uncovering the truth about the UN is the sheer tedium of its procedures and lingo. Waste, fraud and abuse–when disclosed at all–tend to come wrapped in generic labels, referring in many cases to unnamed officials, with the shockers often embedded deep in lengthy, bloodless reports. Investigations too often devolve into drawn-out coverups, while UN officials look for ways to contain not the harm to the public, but the damage to the UN’s reputation.

Even in the reports of the supposedly tell-all 2004-2005 UN-authorized inquiry into Oil-for-Food, led by Paul Volcker, it is hard in many places to draw a line between exposé and coverup. One of my favorite examples is Volcker’s first interim report, released in February 2005, in which his committee described disturbing behavior by the person who was then deputy secretary general, Louise Frechette, referring to her 12 times without once mentioning her name.

When Volcker finished his inquiry, instead of heeding congressional urgings to release the underlying evidence, he turned the archive over to the black hole of the UN’s own legal department. This not only ensured that many lingering questions would remain unanswered; it obscured the matter of whether they had ever been asked in the first place.

So, it was with great interest that this week I picked up a new book on the UN, Backstabbing for Beginners: My Crash Course in International Diplomacy by Michael Soussan. Framed as a coming-of-age story, this is an insider memoir by a former UN staffer turned whistle-blower.

Born in Denmark and schooled in France and the U.S., Soussan went to work for Oil-for-Food in 1997, arriving as a wide-eyed young man with a desire to “make a difference.” In 2000, about halfway through the 1996-2003 program, he resigned in disgust. Four years later, when scandal erupted over the program, he began to speak up.

Soussan spent much of his time at Oil-for-Food at the right hand of the program’s executive director Benon Sevan, an Armenian Cypriot whose Byzantine management style earned him the in-house nickname of “Pasha.” This was a prime perch from which to observe the UN’s inner workings.

Soussan writes with a crisp sense of the absurd, lampooning a long list of characters and UN practices. For those who would see no evil in the UN, there is plenty here to illuminate its internal contradictions, endless infighting and the self-serving ethos of its ever-expanding operations. There are anecdotes here that ought to warn off any U.S. administration from placing any serious trust in this institution.

But it was with a certain disquiet that I reached the end of this 332-page book. To get to the real news, you have to turn to page 295. That’s where Soussan discloses, 10 years after the fact, that he was present at the moment when the alleged deal went down between the Iraqis and Sevan for the Oil-for-Food director to start receiving payoffs from the government of Baghdad. (Sevan, who has been living for more than three years beyond reach of U.S. extradition on Cyprus, says he is innocent of all wrong-doing.)

In considerable detail, Soussan now recounts the scene (1998, at a lavish lunch hosted by an Iraqi official at the Baghdad Hunting Club) complete with quotes, the fish and salad on the menu, and the bistro attire of the waiters. Hit with indigestion, Soussan was making trips to and from the men’s room and did not hear the full conversation between the official and Sevan. But he heard enough, both at the table and on the way back out to the car, to reconstruct a fair chunk of the exchange, including Sevan’s inquiry about how to procure Iraqi oil contracts for a friend.

-end excerpt

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/26/soussan-united-nations-oped-cx_cr_1127rosett.html

This year still embroiled in sex scandals with children.

Great points, info and links. Thanks.

imho, world wide resolutions abolishing the UN would be much more sane and redemptive for Nations and peoples.

Alas, it will not be. The octopus oligarchy monster is slated to grow more and more and to become more and more tyrannical and genocidal.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2016, 07:24:10 am »
Obama still has a month to go, plenty of time to do plenty of damage.

We've seen this before when Bill Clinton was on his way out the door.  Most of Clinton's nasty machinations received little to no press coverage and shortly thereafter they were forgotten to history.  In essence, they never happened.

Trump and the Republicans would be smart to ensure the public never forgets.  For example, Nikki Haley should announce she will boycott the UN and not attend any meetings whatsoever for the foreseeable future.  She should also trot out on regular intervals examples of the incredible amount of corruption that has occurred at the Tower of Babble.  Put the whole damned place on trial.

Then announce the U.S. will not provide a single penny to such a corrupt, Anti-Semitic, pro-terrorist organization.  It would do the American public a lot of good to finally get a big dose of reality about the black hole that is the UN.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2016, 08:46:13 am »
I would not be surprised to see a very major quake or other disaster or terror attack hit New Zealand, the USA, and/or the UK as a result of this UN traitorousness on the part of those countries. IF SO, I think it will happen within 30-40 days.

I realize that Israel is going to be squeezed within a half inch of it's very existence until Yehovah supernaturally rescues it very dramatically. And, it may be that God will hold his punches about the interim insults to Israel. But He may not.

People have utterly lost all fitting fear of Almighty God Yehovah. However, dinking around destructively with the descendants of His buddy Abraham is a great way to provoke God's wrath.

And HE does WRATH VERY WELL.

UN passes resolution calling for end to Israeli settlements
By Harper Neidig - 12/23/16 02:24 PM EST

The U.N. Security Council on Friday passed a resolution demanding an end to Israeli settlement building in occupied territories.

The U.S. had the ability to veto the resolution but abstained from doing so, despite pressure from President-elect Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/international/311678-un-passes-resolution-calling-for-end-to-israeli-settlements
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/