Author Topic: “Only those who have not had freedom truly cherish it”  (Read 580 times)

rangerrebew

“Only those who have not had freedom truly cherish it”
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:44:00 pm »
“Only those who have not had freedom truly cherish it”
Judi McLeod image

By Judi McLeod —— Bio and Archives December 23, 2016

In praise of author and popular CFP columnist Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh on Wednesday’s column ‘Half a Loaf of Bread, commenter Hans PFall points out most eloquently “only those who have not had freedom truly cherish it.”

As a child growing up in Communist Romania, Ileana longed for the freedom of the United States of America, dreaming from afar that she would one day grow up and make it to that ‘shining city on a hill’, which she eventually did.

Related: Do you Take Your Grocery Store for Granted?

Just as we are about to celebrate 2017, PFall takes us back to the film ‘Casablanca’, which was set in Nazi-occupied Morocco:

“There is a scene set in a cafe where the patrons, in defiance of the Nazis, start singing La Marseillaise.  There is a shot of actress Madeleine Lebeau with tears in her eyes as she sings. That is not acting. She had just come over after escaping occupied France.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/only-those-who-have-not-had-freedom-truly-cherish-it#
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:44:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: “Only those who have not had freedom truly cherish it”
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 03:00:42 am »
I doubt that members of our military, posed to die at their job, believe that.

My guess they cherish their freedoms every bit as much.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington