Author Topic: Putin to Democratic Party: You lost, get over it  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Putin to Democratic Party: You lost, get over it
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2016, 07:28:04 pm »
Why does it anger you @Cripplecreek that NTs--those righteous folks who worked for Trump's defeat -- are not welcome (trusted) to work in the Trump administration?

If it makes NTs feel any better and less singled-out, people who worked in the Clinton campaign or in the Obama administration are not welcome either.

Apparently, the Trumpster is more tolerant of people who were against him than his followers.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2016, 07:29:23 pm »
 :th_10444: :silly:
I think the point is @Night Hides Not---being a member of the party that won is not the same as being a member of the team that actually fought and won the battle.

I tried out for that team but I was deemed too conservative and way too smart.

Silver Pines

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2016, 07:29:58 pm »
This post tells me more about your worldview than I care to know @CatherineofAragon ---- it's disturbing.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, don't bother.  When you post here you maintain a sober tone (when you aren't being passive aggressive), but elsewhere I've seen you squealing over wanting pictures of Tiger Beat Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2016, 07:30:57 pm »

@Cripplecreek

You beat me to it.  Putin needs to keep his mouth out of American elections, period.

Putin can say what he wants to.  We wouldn't even know about it if the press didn't report it. And if we didn't devote 400 posts to it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »
We are constantly accused of being a Trump cult, but nothing could be further from the truth. I supported Trump because of the issues he and only he brought to the forefront this election cycle.  Every other (electable) candidate both Ds and Rs was a card carrying member of the Globalist uniparty accept for Trump and Cruz. I have issues with Cruz so that left Trump. I fully expect him to follow thru on (illegal) immigration, jobs, trade, Supreme Court appointments and national security. Other than that I really do not care what he does. Do the above and I am a happy camper, break your promises to the American voters and there will be hell to pay.

@jpsb

You might not be a cult member yourself.  But I challenge you to take a look at the Trump worship thread.  You can find pictures of Donald photoshopped as Jesus Christ.  You'll see "Merry Trumpmas", "The Gift of the MAGA", and much more.

But no, it isn't a cult.  Not at all.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »
Indeed.  I am under no illusions that Trump won't make some mistakes, but compared to the Hildabeast and the SCOTUS picks, the entire country won regardless if some realize it or not.  It is a time for celebration not bitching and moaning.  Of course, without the bitching and moaning, how would some pretend to be of superior intellect to all others?  Better to do it here than be lost in the sea of whining at DU where it belongs.

I agree with you.  I expect Trump to make a lot of mistakes but we are still better off.... way better off... than leaving the country in the hands of Hillary and Obama.

We had better candidates than Trump, any one of whom would have won, but I take delight in the fact that Americans chose Even Trump over Hillary.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »
No, it really is not.   **nononono*

I gotta say ... you Trumpers.  You all can take any subject at all and turn it into a fight.

Trump won; you won; stop being hurty pants.  (my new favorite name)

geronl

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »
I agree with you.  I expect Trump to make a lot of mistakes but we are still better off.... way better off... than leaving the country in the hands of Hillary and Obama.

That remains to be seen, I expect Trump to be just as bad as them

Silver Pines

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2016, 07:39:08 pm »
Putin can say what he wants to.  We wouldn't even know about it if the press didn't report it. And if we didn't devote 400 posts to it.

@Emjay

The point is that I don't like a KGB thug feeling a little bit more comfortable about inserting himself into our politics.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2016, 07:45:39 pm »
My wife, baby and I lived in Germany in an apartment well away from the military kaserne.

A couple of times our German neighbors scolded us for breaking local customs or rules. They meant no harm, and weren't trying to start WWIII.

My lunatic liberal younger sister is terrified that Trump will start WWIII. She has no grasp of the concept "Peace Through Strength."

My take is this: Trump and Putin are putting the world on notice, that some new sheriffs are taking over, and things may get different. I truly hope they do get different for muslim terrorists.

Muslim terrorist interests have exploited Obama, Merkel and others' weaknesses. Gladly that is changing.

Trump is MORE likely to assert lines with Russia AGAINST adventures in the Baltic, than Obama who actually encourages them by his weakness.

Apologies for being repetitious, my German neighbors were convinced that Reagan was going to start WWIII, and they pleaded with me to vote for Carter. For a couple of months leading up to the election, I took the time and effort 2-3 nights a week to explain why I thought Reagan would be a far better president. "Peace through strength" was a major aspect of my arguments.

Using my understanding of history (military, American, world, economic), I was able to explain to them (in German) the importance of a strong America as being good for the rest of the world. I was blessed to have had a great education, and learned how to express myself, though I was never on a debate team. For my last 4 years, I lived 12 miles from Hahn AB, and 30 miles from Spangdahlem (where our battalion HQ was at).

Shortly after Reagan was inaugurated, I was invited to sit at the gasthaus' stammtische for the remainder of my tour, an honor I cherish to this day.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:02 pm »
@Emjay

The point is that I don't like a KGB thug feeling a little bit more comfortable about inserting himself into our politics.

I get that but I think ignoring him would be the best response.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:43 pm »
I gotta say ... you Trumpers.  You all can take any subject at all and turn it into a fight.

That would be a catchy name for an apparel line: "Hurty Pants".   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »
@Emjay

I expect the Putin-Trump relationship to be as rocky as The Donald's first two marriages. There's one thing I'm certain of when considering what either of these two men say: they are not to be trusted.

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2016, 08:51:55 pm »
I expect the Putin-Trump relationship to be as rocky as The Donald's first two marriages. There's one thing I'm certain of when considering what either of these two men say: they are not to be trusted.

@Night Hides Not

It will be interesting to watch unfold.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2016, 09:26:53 pm »

LOL!  @Emjay    Nothing hurts when one does this (and we can't seem to stop!   :laugh:)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »
@Emjay

Worse yet, I don't like the GOP being comfortable with it. I don't like the Russian Trolls on Twitter threatening me for insulting Putin or Trump

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2016, 10:04:23 pm »
That remains to be seen, I expect Trump to be just as bad as them

Dang!  You are pessimistic.  Even if your worst fears are realized, we are better off.  8 years of Obama did great harm to our country... just imagine it being followed by 4 to 8 years of Hillary.

Trump cannot possibly do worse, even if he tries.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2016, 10:41:52 pm »
If I get one more report or read one more post about people who didn't vote for Trump not being Republicans or Hillary supporters or someone who didn't vote for Trump calling a Trump supporter a brownshirt, I'm going to start deleting the offending posts and if that doesn't work I'll lock the thread.

We are ALL part of the same political party.  This isn't the first time not all of us have disagreed on the candidate. 

Stop calling people who didn't vote for Trump Democrats and Hillary voters.  It's a lie.

And no one's free speech is being squelched.  Those that are whining about it need to shut up with that line of bull right now.

You aren't being restricted only asked to follow the rules.  Some people seem to think that having to do that is somehow a restriction of the 1st Amendment rights.  To them I say grow up.

And besides people it's two days before Christmas, we don't need this kind of petty intercine BS going on.

Debate each other all you want, but do it on the facts, not feces slinging.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2016, 11:06:10 pm »
Apologies for being repetitious, my German neighbors were convinced that Reagan was going to start WWIII, and they pleaded with me to vote for Carter. For a couple of months leading up to the election, I took the time and effort 2-3 nights a week to explain why I thought Reagan would be a far better president. "Peace through strength" was a major aspect of my arguments.

Using my understanding of history (military, American, world, economic), I was able to explain to them (in German) the importance of a strong America as being good for the rest of the world. I was blessed to have had a great education, and learned how to express myself, though I was never on a debate team. For my last 4 years, I lived 12 miles from Hahn AB, and 30 miles from Spangdahlem (where our battalion HQ was at).

Shortly after Reagan was inaugurated, I was invited to sit at the gasthaus' stammtische for the remainder of my tour, an honor I cherish to this day.
I was there during 1969-1970 which was Vietnam plus Cold War. Once back I returned to college, eventually writing a graduate paper to compare the post WWII East and West German economies.

That research and life in general as a 20-something husband, father, employee and student turned me pragmatically (not dogmatically) to Reagan and conservatism.

I'm a firm proponent of Winning. Without it, nothing else matters.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2016, 11:09:14 pm »
Worse yet, I don't like the GOP being comfortable with it. I don't like the Russian Trolls on Twitter threatening me for insulting Putin or Trump
How and where does one go to attract "Russian trolls?" I have none.

I suppose if I undertook a search for tormentors, I might find some.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2016, 11:17:27 pm »
If I get one more report or read one more post about people who didn't vote for Trump not being Republicans or Hillary supporters or someone who didn't vote for Trump calling a Trump supporter a brownshirt, I'm going to start deleting the offending posts and if that doesn't work I'll lock the thread.

We are ALL part of the same political party.  This isn't the first time not all of us have disagreed on the candidate. 

Stop calling people who didn't vote for Trump Democrats and Hillary voters.  It's a lie.

And no one's free speech is being squelched.  Those that are whining about it need to shut up with that line of bull right now.

You aren't being restricted only asked to follow the rules.  Some people seem to think that having to do that is somehow a restriction of the 1st Amendment rights.  To them I say grow up.

And besides people it's two days before Christmas, we don't need this kind of petty intercine BS going on.

Debate each other all you want, but do it on the facts, not feces slinging.
I trust that stern admonition carries an equally strong and consistent warning against nevertrumpers' excesses putting down supporters of the GOP President Elect on a site named "GOP" with a picture of Reagan?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2016, 11:18:03 pm »
How and where does one go to attract "Russian trolls?" I have none.

I suppose if I undertook a search for tormentors, I might find some.

What is your problem?

You keep accusing me of doing something to attract Trolls and racists that you are too cowardly to acknowledge.

How bout you just add me to your list of people who don't exist because I have have no interest in wasting further time with willfully ignorant people.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2016, 11:23:14 pm »
I trust that stern admonition carries an equally strong and consistent warning against nevertrumpers' excesses putting down supporters of the GOP President Elect on a site named "GOP" with a picture of Reagan?

I might have missed a pulled post, but I think the only redacted post belong to a NeverTrumper.  Hopefully that makes you feel better.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2016, 11:30:41 pm »

Do you have trouble reading?  I admonished the people who didn't vote for Trump as well to lay off the insults.

You must have missed that part in your rush to play the victim card.

Speaking of which, you can knock that BS off as well.  You and other's here have done your fair share of baiting in these threads to get certain responses and then come crying to us about how you're picked on.

We're not stupid.  Quit treating the members as well as the Mods like we are.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2016, 11:31:20 pm »

Re-read the first sentence.  It does.  I've been here through the Trump Wars, and I see plenty of mud from both sides, and I've seen plenty of Mod action to both sides.  It is ridiculous to whine about uneven moderating on this forum.

For every complaint of modding to benefit Never Trumps, I can match it up with a complaint of modding to the benefit of those on the Trump Train.  To me, if everybody gets mad at the Cops then the Cops must be doing a good job, and I think the Mods do a pretty darned good job here.  I've experienced the opposite at a certain Other Site.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: