Author Topic: How Obama's Iranian nuclear deal enabled tragedy in Aleppo  (Read 415 times)

rangerrebew

How Obama's Iranian nuclear deal enabled tragedy in Aleppo
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:35:10 pm »
How Obama's Iranian nuclear deal enabled tragedy in Aleppo
By Amir Basiri • 12/20/16 7:00 PM
Tweet
Mail
Print
More

In his year-end press conference, President Obama reflected on the tragedy that has befallen Aleppo, Syria, where Iranian-backed militias and Russian warplanes helped Syrian dictator Bashar Assad reclaim the city and conduct a crime against humanity rivaling Rwanda and Srebrenica.

"I ask myself every single day, is there something I could do that would save lives and make a difference and spare some child who doesn't deserve to suffer?" Obama said Friday. But there's a lot he could've done in past years — which, unfortunately, he did not acknowledge.

Obama implicitly blamed Congress for not supporting intervention in Syria in 2013, when Assad committed a war crime by targeting civilians with nerve gas. However, Congress was never a deterrent for Obama. He's proven, on several different occasions, that he's willing to defy Congress to further his own aims.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-obamas-iranian-nuclear-deal-enabled-tragedy-in-aleppo/article/2610079
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:36:17 pm by rangerrebew »