Author Topic: "I shot Trump": Murder suspect tells court his victim was the President Elect  (Read 497 times)

Offline Behind Liberal Lines

Ithaca homicide suspect says he killed Trump 'purposely, intentionally and very proudly'

the Dryden man who is suspected of killing a UPS driver and shooting at Police claimed in court that he had actually shot and killed Donald Trump.
38-year-old Justin Barkley was arrested after a several-hour-long standoff with Police at his home on Route 13 in Ithaca on December 8th.

In court today...he attempted to plead guilty to the charges levied against him saying "I shot and killed Donald Trump purposely, intentionally and very proudly."

Furthermore, Barkley told the court that he went to the store to purposely shoot and kill the President-elect because he knew he would be there.

Barkley told the court that he recognized the difference between mistaking someone for Trump and asserting he actually killed Trump. When he was asked if anything could convince him that he had killed anyone other than Trump, Barkley reportedly said "I hope not."

Barkley had tried to enter a guilty plea, but the Judge refused him after taking his comments into consideration. Assitant D.A. Eliza Filipowski requested a mental evaluation to determine if Barkley is fit to stand trial.

He is due back in court on January 6th.

A few thoughts:

1.  Did the general atmosphere of anti-Trump hatred and hysterica promulgated by the left drive a(n allegedly) mentally ill man to kill an innocent person?
2.  Suppose the politics were reversed (ala the Comet Ping Pong Pizzeria attack) and a mentally ill man proudly told a courtroom that he had murdered Hillary Clinton.  Would this not be national news and cause dozens of stories where liberal wring their hands over "fake news" and the climate of hate?