Author Topic: Andrea Bocelli 'will NOT be singing at Trump's inauguration' after fans threatened to boycott his music if he performed  (Read 4548 times)

Offline mountaineer

In the same vein, you might appreciate these comments from readers of White House Dossier:
MarjoJimbo says:   
January 15, 2017, 7:04 am at 7:04 am

So, I seem to read regularly about another singer celebrity unwilling or unable to perform at the Inauguration.

I don’t recall ever hearing anything like this with past inaugurations. My guess is the MSM is making this a story just to show how little respect and support MrT has.

The mixing of Hollywood and politics never ceases to amaze me. Because they can perform, they are also political experts.
--------------
    srdem65 says:   
    January 15, 2017, 7:16 am at 7:16 am

Believing that their very opinions are of value to elected officials and the vast majority of Americans, refusing to showcase their talents at a political event is some kind of protest.
    I don’t know what is going on other than they thought the star-struck Obama’s adoration gave them credence or gravitas.
    Wandering at will around the WhiteHouse, getting medals from the President for nothing at all, and seeing their names in the MSM touted as great Americans made them think they know something or …
    Again, I don’t get it. They don’t want to perform at our national inauguration, then don’t. Who cares.
    Same for the sore loser Dems who have announced they won’t be attending the ceremony either. Good grief, we don’t care – we really don’t.
-----------------

Marcus says:   
    January 15, 2017, 7:36 am at 7:36 am

At least one or two of them are citing death threats against them if they perform at the inauguration. Who knows what’s true abut this? There must be a massive amount of peer pressure to not perform from their liberal and fascist Hollywood chums. Sort of like “If you ever want to perform in this town again, you’d better toe the anti-Trump line.”

Weird coven of people, those entertainer types.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

In the same vein, you might appreciate these comments from readers of White House Dossier:

It used to be entertainers were considered to be on the bottom of the totem pole in society.     We've turned the Court Jester into the King.

rangerrebew

Death Threats Force Opera Star Bocelli To Pull Out Of Inauguration Performance
Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Jan 15, 2017 1:15 PM
SHARES
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

"Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk..." according to a source close to blind opera singer Bocelli who had been determined to 'press ahead' and sing at Donald Trump's inauguration.

As The Daily Mail reports, when blind tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday's celebration, it was widely reported it was because fans had said they would boycott his concerts and records.

But a source said the 58-year-old had been determined to 'press ahead' and sing but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life.

The revelation came as another singer – Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday – last night pulled out of the President-elect's festivities after being threatened and branded an 'Uncle Tom'.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-15/death-threats-force-opera-star-bocelli-pull-out-inauguration-performance
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:46:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

Offline verga

Maybe I am a little slow on the uptake today, but It just came to me that if and that is a huge "IF" they really are receiving death threats, those threats are coming from the left. The "Tolerant" liberal, peace, love, and can't we all just get along left.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Death threats to a blind guy who sings.

Stay classy, lefties.

Offline skeeter

Death threats to a blind guy who sings.

Stay classy, lefties.

Aside from this, whats going on now - the riots, protests, death threats - really are unprecedented.

Our system cannot function for long this way. Does anyone in the MSM grasp the truth of what will happen when one large segment of society refuses to accept the results of a national election? What do they think the others who must be disenfranchised will do - just sit back and take it?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:14:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Aside from this, whats going on now - the riots, protests, death threats - really are unprecedented.

Our system cannot function for long this way. Does anyone in the MSM grasp the truth of what will happen when one large segment of society refuses to accept the results of a national election? What do they think the others who must be disenfranchised will do - just sit back and take it?

It's interesting -- there are some Hollywood lefties who actually understand this, and are calling for restraint.  But they're definitely in the minority.

The question nobody is yet asking is this:  If a significant element of the left/Democrat Party refuse to recognize Trump as "legitimate", and take their opposition to street violence, etc.., what do they think is going to happen the next time a Democrat is elected?  How will Trump voters respond to that?