Author Topic: Obama warns Trump not to overuse executive orders  (Read 426 times)

Offline libertybele

Obama warns Trump not to overuse executive orders
« on: December 20, 2016, 02:45:00 pm »
Sounds like Barry just might be a tad concerned!  He had the audacity to tell President Trump not to do what he did!! Typical leftist mental midget!

WARNING:  Read at your own risk; this article contains numerous lies by our Chief Moron:

With about one month to go before he leaves office, President Barack Obama gave some exit interview-type advice to his successor Donald Trump: Don't rely too heavily on executive orders.

In an interview with NPR's Steve Inskeep on Thursday that aired in its entirety Monday on Morning Edition, Obama said it's preferable to work with Congress.

"Keep in mind, though, that my strong preference has always been to legislate when I can get legislation done," Obama said from the Cabinet Room in the White House. "In my first two years, I wasn't relying on executive powers, because I had big majorities in the Congress and we were able to get bills done, get bills passed. And even after we lost the majorities in Congress, I bent over backwards consistently to try to find compromise and a legislative solution to some of the big problems that we've got — a classic example being immigration reform, where I held off for years in taking some of the executive actions that I ultimately took in pursuit of a bipartisan solution — one that, by the way, did pass through the Senate on a bipartisan basis with our help."

In 2014, Obama signed executive orders that shielded millions living in the country illegally from deportation.

The 44th president is aware that the executive orders by the 45th president can undo his achievements over eight years in office...       :tongue2:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/12/19/Obama-warns-Trump-not-to-overuse-executive-orders/4951482152935/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Obama warns Trump not to overuse executive orders
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 06:22:58 pm »
Sounds like Barry just might be a tad concerned!  He had the audacity to tell President Trump not to do what he did!! Typical leftist mental midget!

WARNING:  Read at your own risk; this article contains numerous lies by our Chief Moron:

With about one month to go before he leaves office, President Barack Obama gave some exit interview-type advice to his successor Donald Trump: Don't rely too heavily on executive orders.

In an interview with NPR's Steve Inskeep on Thursday that aired in its entirety Monday on Morning Edition, Obama said it's preferable to work with Congress.

"Keep in mind, though, that my strong preference has always been to legislate when I can get legislation done," Obama said from the Cabinet Room in the White House. "In my first two years, I wasn't relying on executive powers, because I had big majorities in the Congress and we were able to get bills done, get bills passed. And even after we lost the majorities in Congress, I bent over backwards consistently to try to find compromise and a legislative solution to some of the big problems that we've got — a classic example being immigration reform, where I held off for years in taking some of the executive actions that I ultimately took in pursuit of a bipartisan solution — one that, by the way, did pass through the Senate on a bipartisan basis with our help."

In 2014, Obama signed executive orders that shielded millions living in the country illegally from deportation.

The 44th president is aware that the executive orders by the 45th president can undo his achievements over eight years in office...       :tongue2:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/12/19/Obama-warns-Trump-not-to-overuse-executive-orders/4951482152935/

Amazing!  I agree with Obama in general on this!  Trump should not overuse executive orders.  In fact, he should issue two immediately upon taking office:

Trump E.O. #1 - All Executive Orders issued during the previous eight years are hereby declared null and void.

Trump E.O. #2 - All succeeding Executive Orders issued will be for the purpose of defining the proper implementation of laws passed by the Congress of the United States and signed by the President of the United States, or re-passed by the Congress after a presidential veto.  Any other Executive Order shall be subject to judicial review and if found to exceed the authority of the President shall be null and void.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!