General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

President Elect Donald J. Trump has shown more class and dignity than we've seen in 8 years...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure on December 19, 2016, 04:14:30 pm ---
I respect your opinion, Bill. Do you think we can primary Trump out in 2020? Just wondering.

--- End quote ---

Your guess is as good as mine on that one.  I really think that will depend less on the stupid shit he says than on the actual effect of his policies.  I've been pleasantly surprised by most of his appointments -- other than Bannon -- and if he really does manage good tax code reform...who knows?  We're due for a recession sometime during his term, though, so it likely will depend on when that occurs, and the economic trajectory/condition in the latter half of 2019.  But if things go south...sure, I can see him being primaried.  Although if that happens, the internal battle will either kill us in the general.  Alternatively, if the sentiment to replace him within the party is not divisive, that likely would occur only if we were in a really crappy situation, in which case we'd likely get crushed in the general as well.

Honestly, most likely scenario for Trump not being the nominee in 2020 is that he chooses not to run again.  I'd actually give even money odds on that.

One pick of Trump's that kind of went under the radar was Rick Mulvaney for budget.  That guy is a true Tea Party/deficit hawk, and wouldn't seem to be the kind of guy you'd bring on if you were going to go full-on Bannon's $1T infrastructure program.  Or at least, it seems as though Trump has no issue with selecting underlings that may butt heads, which may actually be a good thing.

I've very happy with what Trump has done in terms of his national security picks, but I doubt those will be deciding issues for primary or general election voters in 2020.

geronl:
He showed none, but Obama was in the negative

HonestJohn:
Because offering to pay the legal bills of his supporters that beat protestors is "classy".

And saying to his fellow Republican candidates that one is a "child molester" and another has a father "who helped kill Kennedy"... is "classy".

Just to name two of his many, many *MANY* "class" acts.

---

All this article tells me is that the author of the blogsite "http://adriennescatholiccorner.blogspot.com" considers such behavior to be "classy".

Should all whom she deals with be "classy" with her?

Oceander:
/snicker

There's a special kind of stupid about Trumpists.  Trump has been as uncouth and classless as Obama has been.  Birds of a feather ....

Neverdul:
I cannot take seriously an opinion piece that uses the terms “Mooch" and "Odumbo” while talking about class.

And I watched some of Trump’s “Thank You” tour the other day and most of what he talked about was how great he was. It was so obnoxious that I turned the dial and ended up watching a re-run of Two and a Half Men because it was less offensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version