Author Topic: Simple Explanation for the Political and Press Hysteria over Trump Election Victory  (Read 20699 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@EasyAce

I hope you were looking into a mirror when you thought that.

The only time I look in a mirror is when I brush my hair and shave every morning. But please,
spare me the visitation of your (lack of) wit---it hurts you far more than it'll ever hurt me.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The only time I look in a mirror is when I brush my hair and shave every morning. But please,
spare me the visitation of your (lack of) wit---it hurts you far more than it'll ever hurt me.

@EasyAce

Hit a sore spot,didn't I. You are so focused on Trump being a failure,that you will be a failure if he isn't horrible. You gave yourself away when you admitted you didn't think it was possible for him to be worse than the Bush or Clinton clans.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@bigheadfred

The title made me decide to not read it because it implies Cronkite was honest. He was one of the biggest liars in our nation's  history,as well as one of the people who worked hard to destroy our Republic.
When Cronkite deemed the Vietnam War 'unwinnable' after our troops had already kicked the VC out of every provincial capital except Hue after the Tet offensive, 'and that's the way it was' became 'wasn't' as far as I was concerned.

He had gravitas, but so did Dan Rather (who got caught).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Plenty of people have the advantages / opportunities that DJT had but did not establish a string of successes which earned them billions. 

I'm not so sure about that, especially on the 'advantages' end. I think the number of people whose daddy will loan them a million dollars or more to get started is a pretty small subset of the human race.

That said, for America's sake I hope he succeeds in undoing the damage of the Obamas and Clintons and others and gets the nation back up to speed, and I pray he does it without further mauling the Constitution.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:18:53 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not so sure about that, especially on the 'advantages' end. I think the number of people whose daddy will loan them a million dollars or more to get started is a pretty small subset of the human race."

IIRC,he inherited  18 Million from his grandfather when he turned 18 or 21,can't remember which now,and got another 200 million when his father died. I'm guessing that's pretty rarefied territory unless you come from New England Trust Fund Money. I neither hate him nor envy him for having all that money or those advantages. How can I,since he had nothing to do with it? 

"That said, for America's sake I hope he succeeds in undoing the damage of the Obamas and Clintons and others and gets the nation back up to speed, and I pray he does it without further mauling the Constitution."

EXACTLY. I will never understand who so many people are playing the role of Nervous Nelly over him winning instead of the Clintons winning. Despite what some people fear/hope for,there is no way he could be worse than a Bush or a Clinton. At MOST,he can be as bad,so the odds are that he will be better. Even if he sucks at the job he will STILL be better than the Clinton or the Bush Crime Family,and he is already starting out at an advantage because he has broken the monopoly death grip professional political insiders have on the White House.

Besides,the man isn't even in office yet,and I hear more pissing and moaning about how horrible  he is than anything I remember hearing about any president in my lifetime because BOTH sides of the political dictatorships are jumping down his throat, as well as a complicit media. That collective bully effort  alone makes  me want to support him. After all,if BOTH the alleged GOP and the DNC hate him,how bad CAN he be? The whole "the enemy of MY enemy" thing applies.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:13:35 pm by sneakypete »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm not so sure about that, especially on the 'advantages' end. I think the number of people whose daddy will loan them a million dollars or more to get started is a pretty small subset of the human race.

That said, for America's sake I hope he succeeds in undoing the damage of the Obamas and Clintons and others and gets the nation back up to speed, and I pray he does it without further mauling the Constitution.

Don't Worry. He will mall everything he can.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Possibly! He might also maul everything else. After all, Trump is the most evil man who ever lived! He eats babies for breakfast, puppies for lunch and drives himself around town instead of taking limos so he can swerve up onto the sidewalk and run over little old ladies (then eats them for dinner). The only other living person who is as evil as Donald John Trump is Dr. Moriarty or perhaps Dr. Miguelito Loveless. Any difference between them is very small.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:16:33 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Smokin Joe

@sneakypete
IIRC,he inherited  18 Million from his grandfather when he turned 18 or 21,can't remember which now,and got another 200 million when his father died. I'm guessing that's pretty rarefied territory unless you come from New England Trust Fund Money. I neither hate him nor envy him for having all that money or those advantages. How can I,since he had nothing to do with it? 
I don't hate or envy him, either, over that. Money has a way of creating its own problems.

I just think it is disingenuous for anyone to pretend he pulled himself up by his bootstraps. He had a significant head start. There is a point where (if you don't piss it away) enough money will make money. It's why the second generation usually only manages to keep the empire together, and the third starts the downhill slide (after the pie has been divvied up).

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete I don't hate or envy him, either, over that. Money has a way of creating its own problems. "

@Smokin Joe

Yes,it does.

"I just think it is disingenuous for anyone to pretend he pulled himself up by his bootstraps."

10 Dollar word for "lying".

"He had a significant head start."

No,he started standing on the "finished" side of the "finish line". Which *I* see as possibly the most positive thing about him,based ironically enough on his puffed-up ego. Deep down he knows he has accomplished very little because the skids were greased for him at birth. Because of this he is psychologically desperate to prove to the world that he really IS the "winner" he claims to be. I THINK there is a very good possibility his enormous ego will drive him to try to become the best president of all time (winner). Maybe he won't be successful,BUT......,it will still be refreshing to see someone actually TRY to be a good president instead of getting the job and retiring in place while trying to sell the country down the drain for a cut of the take both before and after they leave office. There is NO amount of money more important to Trump than protecting his self-image as a "winner".

If I am wrong,it just more of the same. Business as usual. But IF I am right,this might end up being something really special. It is already special in the sense that his run for the WH has destroyed the insider good old boy club,where candidates  had to kiss the rings of the RNC and the DNC to have any hope at all of winning. That alone is a pretty significant accomplishment.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:33:37 am by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

If I am wrong,it just more of the same. Business as usual. But IF I am right,this might end up being something really special. It is already special in the sense that his run for the WH has destroyed the insider good old boy club,where candidates  had to kiss the rings of the RNC and the DNC to have any hope at all of winning. That alone is a pretty significant accomplishment.
Being wrong could have some different results.

In his quest for being 'the greatest', he might start breaking rules to impose policy extra-Constitutionally. I want things set right, but have great concern if we end up with two juxtaposed presidents running things like dictators. To say the least, that would be a dangerous precedent and establish a 'fundamental change' that could be the end of any hope to restore the Constitutional Republic.

So I want positive (conservative) change, but within the rules. His ego might lead him to break those rules, and that would be dangerous to all our Liberty in the long run.

He also might underperform in that sense, and do little or nothing but a few 'feelgood' projects that give the illusion of progress back to the Republic, but accomplish little. That would be a wasted opportunity, but little different than the Bush administration in that regard, possibly without engaging in a war or two.

In the worst case scenario, he might whip out some leftist stances which have the full hell-bent vote buying capability that makes them popular among certain very vocal sets and go the wrong way. I would hope anyone in the GOP (and elsewhere) evaluates the policy and doesn't assume the source makes it good, but that is the somnolent pitfall Republicans seem to fall into, the assumption that all is good because 'their guy' is in office. They all demand our scrutiny.

I'm a little suspicious of his 'outsider' status, too. Oh, as a politician, certainly, he hasn't held office himself. That doesn't mean he hasn't played 'kingmaker' a bit, both with contributions and appearances, close enough to the throne to affect it, but not sitting on it. Behind the scenes, that can affect policy, especially those he hobnobs with--and with a high public profile, such hobnobbing would be expected.

But he has apparently shocked the media and the Dems. Perhaps they underestimated the number of people they were pissing off. Even with rampant dislike of Trump within the Republican Party, the exodus of many long term party members, and the negatives he had, the heir apparent to the Obama chair failed to prevail. That refutation, fragmented as it was, in a low turnout year in the General, and with some 10% going to other than GOP or DEM candidates (a rejection of both major candidates), was a clear refutation of both the liberal (leftist) candidates and their policies and actions, as well as the policies they passed, and the claims they had made of success. That alone was good to see.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Being wrong could have some different results.

In his quest for being 'the greatest', he might start breaking rules to impose policy extra-Constitutionally."

Not a chance. Not even presidents can break Constitutional Law,and Congress can and will nullify anything he does that is too radical. Don't forget,while he no doubt has a certain amount of clout with Congress due to voters telling their congresscritters to support him,there is a limit to how far they will go,and I have ZERO doubt individual members of Congress have already held numerous "off the clock/unofficial" meetings to discuss how they can screw him and spread the blame so none of them have to suffer voter wrath. People like congresscritters from the northeast and the left coast can do pretty much anything they want because those areas aren't even a part of America anymore,but not all congresscritters have the luxury of a totally brain-dead voter base. Not even the official Dims,never mind the semi-Dims in the GOP.

I think we are going to end up with some serious checks and balances as a result of this election. Don't forget,Trump is the only president in history that has not only had the ability to "speak" directly to the public in a unfiltered way due to twitter,but the only one that has the will because he is not a part of the Party System.

" I want things set right, but have great concern if we end up with two juxtaposed presidents running things like dictators. To say the least, that would be a dangerous precedent and establish a 'fundamental change' that could be the end of any hope to restore the Constitutional Republic."

Once again,there is less chance of that with a Trump presidency that in any time during our lives. If anything,the Trump win PREVENTED having another dictator in the WH. Anybody that doesn't think Hillary Clinton or any of the Republican Party favorites wouldn't have represented and promoted "more of the same" is delusional. T

"So I want positive (conservative) change, but within the rules. His ego might lead him to break those rules, and that would be dangerous to all our Liberty in the long run. "

That is where we disagree. What I want most is a president that will break the rules because it seems to me that most of the rules are un-Constitutional and designed to protect the political parties and the politicians,not the people or the Constitution.

"He also might underperform in that sense, and do little or nothing but a few 'feelgood' projects that give the illusion of progress back to the Republic, but accomplish little. "

I have no doubt that will happen. It will happen with any of them because most of that crap is done to please the voting public,most of whom only seem to care about themselves,and not the country. Politicians have to at least pay  lip service to them or they won't get anything done and won't get re-elected. Most of that stuff ends up being nothing but empty promises to keep the Rubes off their backs.

"I'm a little suspicious of his 'outsider' status, too. Oh, as a politician, certainly, he hasn't held office himself. That doesn't mean he hasn't played 'kingmaker' a bit, both with contributions and appearances, close enough to the throne to affect it, but not sitting on it. Behind the scenes, that can affect policy, especially those he hobnobs with--and with a high public profile, such hobnobbing would be expected."

He may not be a virgin,but he's also not a whore. His involvement in political and public corruption has been from the buyer's side,not the seller side. Given his ego,you KNOW that had to frost his flakes because it simply amounts to paying tribute. Yeah,he played the game from the outside because that is what he had to do to advance  his business interests,but I'd bet money he didn't enjoy it.

Once again,this is all nothing but speculation from both me and you. I take  heart from recognizing the FACT that if he only does half the bad crap we fear he will still be the best president since Reagan,and will share the "best president in the last 100 years" podium with Reagan.

Balance your fears of what Trump MAY do against your certain knowledge of what Hillary WOULD have done.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Once again,this is all nothing but speculation from both me and you. I take  heart from recognizing the FACT that if he only does half the bad crap we fear he will still be the best president since Reagan, and will share the "best president in the last 100 years" podium with Reagan.

Balance your fears of what Trump MAY do against your certain knowledge of what Hillary WOULD have done.

goopo @sneakypete    :thumbsup3:

Offline Smokin Joe

There is no certain knowledge of what Hillary would have done, only speculation. That speculation is a grim picture, but I would have expected the same full resistance from the Congress and other entities you claim Trump will get if he goes out of bounds.

Besides, I'm not about to use speculation about what she might have done against him as a metric. I have said that before. He made a bunch of promises, let those be the test, instead of letting him off with 'he isn't half as bad as something that did not happen'.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is no certain knowledge of what Hillary would have done, only speculation. That speculation is a grim picture, but I would have expected the same full resistance from the Congress and other entities you claim Trump will get if he goes out of bounds."

Good thinking! We all know how congress loves to hold Clinton feet to the fire,and how the Dims are so honest and patriotic that they would never dream of giving her political cover. After all,like Trump she is an outsider,new to elective office and with no allies to help her.

"Besides, I'm not about to use speculation about what she might have done against him as a metric. I have said that before. He made a bunch of promises, let those be the test, instead of letting him off with 'he isn't half as bad as something that did not happen'."

Nothing more than self-justification to excuse yourself for not voting against Hillary.

Offline Smokin Joe

Just one problem with that pete: The GOP has been running the Congress for a while.
If you'd expect them to stop Trump from getting out of line, they should have been equally effective at stopping Obama or Hillary.

Say what?

They didn't do sh*t?

Well now, there goes the argument they will keep anyone in line, doesn't it?

They are mostly there to line their pockets and save their phony baloney jobs.

And by the way, I DID vote against Hillary. I just didn't vote for Trump.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:12:11 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Just one problem with that pete: The GOP has been running the Congress for a while.
If you'd expect them to stop Trump from getting out of line, they should have been equally effective at stopping Obama or Hillary.

Say what?

They didn't do sh*t?

Well now, there goes the argument they will keep anyone in line, doesn't it?

They are mostly there to line their pockets and save their phony baloney jobs.

And by the way, I DID vote against Hillary. I just didn't vote for Trump.

Exactly, Joe.

I didn't vote for hillary. I didn't vote for trump.

Did it make a difference in the election @sneakypete? No.

Did it make a difference in my life? No. Get it?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Say what?

They didn't do sh*t?

Well now, there goes the argument they will keep anyone in line, doesn't it? "

No. The Dim and alleged Republicans in congress are in a mutual "you scratch my back,I'll scratch yours" society. They owe each other favors. None of them owe Trump anything. Not even the alleged Republicans. Granted,most of the alleged Republican leadership creatures will have to go along with him on most things to keep the illusion alive they are different than the Dims,but it only takes a few voting with the Dims to pass or stop a bill,and the Dims have no reason and no inclination to go along with him on anything.

<I>And by the way, I DID vote against Hillary. I just didn't vote for Trump.</I>

You just keep telling yourself that if it's what it takes to get to sleep at night. Even you know deep in your heart it was a passive vote for her,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly, Joe.

I didn't vote for hillary. I didn't vote for trump.

Did it make a difference in the election @sneakypete? No.

Did it make a difference in my life? No. Get it?

@bigheadfred

Sure I get it. You don't care who wins.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Granted,most of the alleged Republican leadership creatures will have to go along with him on most things to keep the illusion alive they are different than the Dims,but it only takes a few voting with the Dims to pass or stop a bill,and the Dims have no reason and no inclination to go along with him on anything.

That reminds me...what's the over/under on the date John McCain first stabs Trump in the back on a close vote?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

Sure I get it. You don't care who wins.

Sure I care who won, Pete. My morals are intact, my conscience is clear, and my brand of conservatism is untarnished by my vote.

I won, Pete.  I won.

Offline Smokin Joe

You just keep telling yourself that if it's what it takes to get to sleep at night. Even you know deep in your heart it was a passive vote for her,though.
I know my motives, you are wrong.

I voted for a Constitutionalist (something neither major party was running in the General)--a guy in favor of getting back to something Trump doesn't know, and that Hillary would use for asswipe.

If you're going to peddle that "If you didn't support Trump you supported Hillary" dreck, I won't even waste my time scrolling past it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:26:46 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That reminds me...what's the over/under on the date John McCain first stabs Trump in the back on a close vote?

@Cyber Liberty

I dunno,but given that he is already jumping in front of every tv camera he can find to attack Trump and defend Hillary/the system in place",anybody that bets on anything other than Day One is going to be losing money. You can bet the farm he has already agreed to cast that vote and others behind the scenes,and they are just waiting for Trump to take the oath so they can begin.

That semi-human piece of shit Lady Lindsey Graham was on Meet the Press this morning screaming about how we "need" US military bases built in Ukraine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know my motives, you are wrong.

I voted for a Constitutionalist (something neither major party was running in the General)--a guy in favor of getting back to something Trump doesn't know, and that Hillary would use for asswipe.

@Smokin Joe

No,you voted for either a Trump or a Clinton presidency,and now have to lie to  yourself to be able to sleep at night.

What this country needs at this point in a political,if not an actual,revolution to destroy the power of the inbred in office bunch. I see Trump as POSSIBLY a good start because he DID take on the establishment anti-freedom/anti-Constitutional powers that be,and weakened them. Time will tell on if he take the ball and runs with it,or fumbles the ball and loses. The one thing we DO know is a political outsider who had never held elective office in his life will soon be the President of the United States despite the best efforts of the DNC and the GOP and their Party People to stop him.

It ain't the end of the road,but it sure is a good first necessary step to convince the voting public that they really do NOT have to vote for the favored Party Candidates.

Offline doghouse

"If Trump can come in from out of the blue and take over the most important job/position in the country,how safe are THEIR jobs?"

You hit the nail on the head with this post.  Not only did Trump ignore all the rules, political customs, political culture, and historical pathways to the presidency, he laughed at them and did it his way.  For the most part he self funded and now literally owes none of the career politicians a damn thing.  He has made many of them irrelevant and greatly diminished their power.

A politician in DC has power via the favors they can call in and the leverage they have on others.  Trump has take that away from all of them as it applies to the presidency.  He has taken most of their power away and the only way they can get any of it back is by kissing his butt and supporting him.

That is the politicians.

The media is just in a hysterical position from my point of view.  Trump does not need any of the main stream media networks to gain publicity for himself, his views, or his presidency.  He is about a half a click from making them obsolete, totally not necessary, and unwatched.  I actually listened to a discussion by the media talking heads about how they should control what they say about his presidency as a leverage move.  This indicates that it is themselves that they find important and not the office of the presidency.

The media got busted, in real time and publicly telling lie after lie about Trump and withholding negative stories, true/proven stories, about Hillary.  They got busted and cannot avoid this proven knowledge.  They are now finding out that they are not indispensible or nearly as important or powerful as they thought they were. 

With a single click on his phone, President Trump will leave them totally out of the loop and publish exactly what he wants to on the social media.
If the Mainstream Media is left out of the loop they will sell a lot less ad space and the money machine that they manipulate begins to crash.  The  Billions of dollars that the MSM generate every year is now at risk.

Trump has done something that no other politician or citizen has ever done. President Trump has taken power and control away from the fat cat power hungry career politicians and the liars that make up and manipulate the main stream media propaganda.

Because of these events the democrats are currently making themselves look like juvenile, out of control, irrational, and drama seeking STUPID IDIOTS!!!!!

The dems are still publicly chasing unicorns and spreading conspiracy theories at light speed trying to delegitimize President Trump and his election. 

The reason they are doing this is because the democrats depend on the main stream media, the lies they spread on demand, and the corrupt career politicians to maintain their power. 

That power is now greatly diminished. 

In winning the Presidential election in the manner he did, Trump just destroyed the democratic power base and they are in full radicalize panic mode.

Welcome to the Democrat reality of absolute irrational panic as they realize the truth of their political power castration.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

"If Trump can come in from out of the blue and take over the most important job/position in the country,how safe are THEIR jobs?"

snip

The dems are still publicly chasing unicorns and spreading conspiracy theories at light speed trying to delegitimize President Trump and his election. 

The reason they are doing this is because the democrats depend on the main stream media, the lies they spread on demand, and the corrupt career politicians to maintain their power. 

That power is now greatly diminished. 

In winning the Presidential election in the manner he did, Trump just destroyed the democratic power base and they are in full radicalize panic mode.

Welcome to the Democrat reality of absolute irrational panic as they realize the truth of their political power castration.
Fully agreed. They are in denial. The Russian troll thing, is from episode #17 of "How, oh how, can we stop or weaken Trump?"

What you say about the democrats applies to many Republicans as well. McCain and Graham are obviously pushing the Russian troll idea.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln