Author Topic: Obama Spent Last 8 Years Sticking It to Catholics and Catholic Church  (Read 276 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Spent Last 8 Years Sticking It to Catholics and Catholic Church

On the December 15 edition of the "Axe Files" podcast, White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough told David Axelrod the following about President Barack Obama. "I think this is the—our most Catholic of presidents. And I mean that by capital C Catholic, in what I see and what he does every day. It's not to say that he's—does everything entirely consistent with Catholic teaching. That's not the idea."

We'll, yes that is the idea. When someone says that Obama is "our most Catholic of presidents," surely the record should speak for itself. Here are some of Obama's views and policies that McDonough needs to explain.

--In 2003, when Obama was an Illinois state senator, he led the fight to oppose a bill that would have mandated health care for a baby who survived an abortion, and he did so even after the bill explicitly said it would not imperil Roe v. Wade. The Catholic Church does not support infanticide.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/bill-donohue/obama-spent-last-8-years-sticking-it-catholics-and-catholic-church