Author Topic: Trump says his supporters were 'violent'  (Read 2027 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump says his supporters were 'violent'
« on: December 17, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »
President-elect Donald Trump said Friday his supporters were "violent" during the 2016 campaign.

Trump made the admission Friday night during a rally here on the Florida leg of his "Thank You" tour. During the campaign, he repeatedly downplayed violent outbursts his supporters displayed at times toward protesters and insisted that paid activists were instead responsible for inciting violence at his rallies.

"You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said Friday. "But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/donald-trump-supporters-vicious-violent/index.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:11:45 pm by AbaraXas »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump says his supporters were 'violent'
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:01:07 pm »
How precidential

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »
Sounds to me like he's happily admitting to inciting violence if he didn't win.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:08:17 pm »
Bad link.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 04:09:22 pm »
Sounds to me like he's happily admitting to inciting violence if he didn't win.

Aye.

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 04:10:31 pm »
I can't tell what he's trying to do. Calm them down maybe?

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 04:12:03 pm »
fixed

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 04:14:07 pm »
Sounds like he's just run out of things to say IMO.

Just my reaction watching the video.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 04:23:14 pm »
I don't really hear him actively and directly discouraging his minions from committing violence and making terroristic threats. 

Really, both sides have been acting like schoolyard bullies.  Time for all of them to grow up.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »
I don't really hear him actively and directly discouraging his minions from committing violence and making terroristic threats. 

Really, both sides have been acting like schoolyard bullies.  Time for all of them to grow up.

On the bright side, they're all cowards.

They're pretty tough when they're all together in an arena but you drop them in the street alone and they immediately start whining about how mistreated they are by the media, police, other races etc.

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 04:36:20 pm »

They're pretty tough when they're all together in an arena but you drop them in the street alone and they immediately start whining about how mistreated they are by the media, police, other races etc.

Very true.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 04:49:27 pm »
I can't tell what he's trying to do. Calm them down maybe?

I think he's trying to deflect the inevitable criticism that will come when those vicious, rabid followers realize he didn't mean a word of all that rhetoric.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 04:51:41 pm »
I think he's trying to deflect the inevitable criticism that will come when those vicious, rabid followers realize he didn't mean a word of all that rhetoric.

The useful idiots are always the last to know.

Then they're dealt with harshly because they're no longer useful.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »
Don't know about you guys .....but trump is acting so presidential I'm getting so bored.   

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 04:53:19 pm »

Yep, just a bunch of chairborne rangers dreaming about CWII, TEOTWAWKI, and SHTF thinking they are going to be some revolutionary or cowboy when in reality, they'll spend most of the time trying to figure out why they can't log on the internet.

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 04:57:40 pm »
Yep, just a bunch of chairborne rangers dreaming about CWII, TEOTWAWKI, and SHTF thinking they are going to be some revolutionary or cowboy when in reality, they'll spend most of the time trying to figure out why they can't log on the internet.

This has always cracked me up about TOS. They're a bunch of unhealthy geriatrics who'd have heart attacks doing half the angry stuff they're shouting about.

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 05:02:09 pm »
  A narcissist would never, ever say "I'm sick of winning'. 
  That is just so stupidly profound, it is an insult to the average THINKING American.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »

This has always cracked me up about TOS. They're a bunch of unhealthy geriatrics who'd have heart attacks doing half the angry stuff they're shouting about.

Except the one mental patient who decided to try to shoot up a pizza shop because he believed the 4Chan Comet Pizza joke, none of them actually do anything. They pretend some issues are so important to them but the most they do is put a dent in a chair and type woo hoo at donation time.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 05:41:34 pm »

When I quit smoking a figured out 2 things.

First, it did wonders for my health.

Second, I'm still 52 years old.

Now when I shovel snow I don't get light headed, gasp for breath and feel like my heart is going to explode. I still get to breathing pretty hard but I can lean on the shovel for 2 minutes and I'm good to go again. I used to have to come back in and take a nap before finishing the job.

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 06:01:39 pm »
When I quit smoking a figured out 2 things.

First, it did wonders for my health.

Second, I'm still 52 years old.

Now when I shovel snow I don't get light headed, gasp for breath and feel like my heart is going to explode. I still get to breathing pretty hard but I can lean on the shovel for 2 minutes and I'm good to go again. I used to have to come back in and take a nap before finishing the job.

Bless your Heart.
   I took the opposite approach, I gave up snow not smokes.
   Whoever dies with the most toys wins!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 06:01:52 pm »
I tried to listen to Trump's speech last night. Couldn't. I have never heard such a stream is stupidity in all my life. My nine month old granddaughter mades more sense.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 06:07:27 pm »
I tried to listen to Trump's speech last night. Couldn't. I have never heard such a stream is stupidity in all my life. My nine month old granddaughter mades more sense.

His Slovak wife structures sentences in English on a higher grade level than he does, though her accent is brutal.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 08:03:22 pm »

"You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said Friday. "But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?"

IOW, you used to scream those things, but you're not nearly as excited about those things any longer.  You're just going to have to accept that winning was enough, because there will be no wall and Hillary isn't going to jail. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 12:08:09 am »
From the article:

One Trump supporter who obtained a media pass from the Trump transition office shouted from the press pen that Trump's former opponent Hillary Clinton should be waterboarded.

And a Trump supporter threw an empty water bottle at a reporter following the rally, calling the reporter "trash."

That incident came after the President-elect repeatedly called reporters "very dishonest" and suggested without evidence that the media distorted exit polls on Election Day.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 12:11:40 am »
From the article:

Well lets not forget that when Trump was confronted with the allegation that Putin has journalists killed Trump said "Well at least he's a leader".