Author Topic: Trump set to reshape judiciary after GOP blockade  (Read 316 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump set to reshape judiciary after GOP blockade
« on: December 16, 2016, 08:56:53 pm »

Trump set to reshape judiciary after GOP blockade

The Senate left town with 99 judicial vacancies, as well as the current Supreme Court opening.

By Burgess Everett

12/16/16 03:46 PM EST

Updated 12/16/16 03:46 PM EST

Mitch McConnell’s refusal to confirm many of President Barack Obama’s judicial nominees has set the table for Donald Trump to dramatically reshape the judiciary over the next four years, as the Republican Senate set a modern record for the fewest confirmations of lifetime judicial appointees.

The Senate GOP confirmed just 20 lifetime judicial appointments to circuit and appeals courts in its two years in the majority, the lowest number by far in the last 28 years, according to a Congressional Research Service report obtained by POLITICO. That means that President-elect Trump will have major sway over the courts next year, starting with the Supreme Court and going all the way down to the district level.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/how-will-trump-reshape-judiciary-232744
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Trump set to reshape judiciary after GOP blockade
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 10:11:17 pm »
I guess McConnell wasn't all bad. I sure didn't agree with his unwillingness to take on obama directly, but this sure is one area where he did the right thing. Also, to his credit no major legislation was passed and signed by obama after obamacare.

It will be interesting to see how much of a fight Senate Rats put up with Trump's SCOTUS nomination and if McConnell and the other establishment Pubs are willing to fight.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home