Author Topic: Jared Kushner says Trump agrees more with Schumer than McConnell on infrastructure  (Read 2202 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That's a working standard in a voting booth, but a disastrous standard for a Presidency

Was there another choicemail for the general election?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

I'm not talking about the election, I am talking about right now. The election is over, stop comparing him to Hillary and start comparing him to your conservative ideology.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'm not talking about the election, I am talking about right now. The election is over, stop comparing him to Hillary and start comparing him to your conservative ideology.4

Go have relations with yourself.    Everyone knows he's not a conservative.   Bitching doesn't accomplish a single thing.  It sure won't convince him to change his position.    A rational discussion might.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

..Schumer and other Democrats including Sens. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) have signaled strongly that infrastructure investment is one area where they could work with Trump.....

God help us!  North American Union, NAFTA Superhighway and Security and Prosperity Partnership here we come.  I can almost guarantee it!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not talking about the election, I am talking about right now. The election is over, stop comparing him to Hillary and start comparing him to your conservative ideology.

To what end, @geronl?  We know what he is.

geronl

hold him accountable for his own words and actions, not just "better than she would have been", which is no standard at all

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
hold him accountable for his own words and actions, not just "better than she would have been", which is no standard at all

I hear ya.  Gonna be tough since he's been on every side of every issue. 

Offline Rivergirl

The world needed another Ronald Reagan and we got Jimmy Swaggart instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This one's going to be hard to spin.

The place to check out the spin efforts ... just for fun ... is TOS.

As of yesterday, this topic had no been posted.  May go back.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

We all knew ... okay, some of us knew ... that Trump wouldn't want to DO president, he just wanted to BE president.

But we hoped he would turn most of it over to Pence.

What if, instead, he turns it over to the evil son-in-law and the skanky Ivanka? 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We all knew ... okay, some of us knew ... that Trump wouldn't want to DO president, he just wanted to BE president.

But we hoped he would turn most of it over to Pence.

What if, instead, he turns it over to the evil son-in-law and the skanky Ivanka?

Come on, now @Emjay.  I don't think Kushner is particularly evil and Ivanka is not at all skanky.  They ARE part of a very polarizing pres-elect family.  Let's not dilute the meaning of evil with using it inappropriately.

He's going to do what he's always done, and perhaps even more so with the pressure of the presidency.  He has a few trusted insiders whom he will continue to trust and consult with.  Looks like the daughter and SIL are them.  I never thought he would turn it over to Pence.  Was there any indication he would?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Come on, now @Emjay.  I don't think Kushner is particularly evil and Ivanka is not at all skanky.  They ARE part of a very polarizing pres-elect family.  Let's not dilute the meaning of evil with using it inappropriately.

He's going to do what he's always done, and perhaps even more so with the pressure of the presidency.  He has a few trusted insiders whom he will continue to trust and consult with.  Looks like the daughter and SIL are them.  I never thought he would turn it over to Pence.  Was there any indication he would?

Excuse me, it is entirely unpresidented for me to use words inappropriately.

I think they are clueless liberals who are the antithesis of what people thought they elected.  It would be evil to turn the governing over to them.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happened.

You thought Huma was bad?  Ivanka is a prettier version.

I

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Excuse me, it is entirely unpresidented for me to use words inappropriately.

I think they are clueless liberals who are the antithesis of what people thought they elected.  It would be evil to turn the governing over to them.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happened.

You thought Huma was bad?  Ivanka is a prettier version.

I

I have to stand by my statement about reserving words like "evil" and "skank" for things that actually fit the description, and not diluting the meaning by overusing or misusing the term.  Sort of like "racist".

Kushner and wife are entitled, clueless, insulated, ignorant NY liberals.  That's not the same as "evil" or "skanky".

Huma is another issue and I'm not sure how she fits into this conversation.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have to stand by my statement about reserving words like "evil" and "skank" for things that actually fit the description, and not diluting the meaning by overusing or misusing the term.  Sort of like "racist".

Kushner and wife are entitled, clueless, insulated, ignorant NY liberals.  That's not the same as "evil" or "skanky".

Huma is another issue and I'm not sure how she fits into this conversation.

Okay, you may be right.  Or I may be right.  Maybe evil is too strong.  But skanky goes so well with Ivanka.  On the other hand, I'm not really sure of the definition of skanky. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Okay, I did not know the meaning of skank or skanky.  Ivanka is not skanky in any definition I've found.

If you see her, please apologize to her for me.  Thanx.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Okay, I did not know the meaning of skank or skanky.  Ivanka is not skanky in any definition I've found.

If you see her, please apologize to her for me.  Thanx.

Oh, well that explains it!  I was sort of taken aback by your use of that term.

And, no, wealthy NE liberals aren't the kind of people I hang with.  I've met a few over time, but definitely not kindred spirits.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:26:13 pm by Sanguine »