Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Most annoying person of 2016?

(1/8) > >>

LateForLunch:
For me it's not even close - Barack Hussein Obama is by far the most annoying person of 2016. This  verminous swine succeeded in annoying me virtually every time he smirked and swaggered his way in front of a microphone (perpetually, invariably late). Sure, there were other annoying 'Crats to be sure. But none of them could possibly compare to the Olympic-class bitch-tones, proctoring self-important, corrosive, mendacious blathering of the Eightball Obama.

My recurring fantasy virtually every time I heard him speak for more than thirty seconds was to see grievous physical harm come to him as quickly as possible. Not that I would ever lift a finger in that regard (LFL: looks anxiously to SS agents giving him "the eye") but I cannot lie and say that I would not have loved to read about it in the papers:

BREAKING NEWS: "Barack Obama kidnapped by terrorists pretending to be refugees, bludgeoned with Plumber's Helper on You Tube Video!"

I know that for many (even people who voted for him) one of the most annoying people of 2016 will be Donald John Trump and I cannot disagree. Even though I voted for him, Trump was in my top ten for sure - just because his style of campaigning included the use of words as munitions, not primarily as tools of communication. I don't think he should have done anything else (obviously it worked, and as Niccolo Machiavelli and Saul Alinsky have both accurately pointed out, uneaten pudding has no taste at all!)

Sadly we have entered the era of Soft Warfare, and left behind the Age of Statesmanship. How words were used in past political campaigns has given way to what Hunter Thompson might have called a "newer, cheaper strategy".

Gee dad! I guess we're ALL devo!

I welcome other suggestions but I have a fairly strong sense that there are really no other big contenders for the top spot, though if we were doing a top 100, there would really be only a handful of anyone except 'Crat politicians or celebrities on the list.

Those include Mitch McConnell (God, please just retire)

John Boehner   (Paul Ryan still can't escape from the odor of bourbon and tobacco in his office, even though it's been torn out and scrubbed right down to the raw wood).

Speaking of Paul Ryan, it would be nice for him to figure out that he doesn't always have to say something. He can choose to  just nod and keep walking if he wants to. It's  a free country Paul. Exercise your right to remain silent.

The list of top ten most annoying Democrats or leftists is easy.

Nancy (Always Surprised) Pelosi
"Dingy" Harry Reed
Madonna (though my loathing is almost balanced by pity)
Elizabeth Warren (it's the haircut, to be honest- combined with the crazy, myopic stare)
Tim Kaine (if they made a punching bag with his face on it I'd buy it)
John F-Ing Kerry (who served in Viet Nam)
Hill-O-Lies Clinton (although again pity is almost a more-fitting reaction)
Slick Willie Clinton (although he nearly redeemed himself when he went after the Eightball on national T.V. twice)
Loretta Lynch (somehow a vile cacogen who is obviously a sociopath in a position of USAG grates on my sensibilities).

Note that Colonel Sanders did not make the top ten, because to be honest, every time I heard him speak, I felt hope. I sensed that he was damaging to the 'Crats in almost every way that counted (and eventually he validated my intuition in that regard, because of how he lured Hill-O-Lies and the 'Crat leadership into a Watergate moment when the DNC railroaded him).

geronl:
Trump, by unfathomable light-years

Oceander:
Me

Lando Lincoln:

--- Quote from: Oceander on December 18, 2016, 03:42:35 pm ---Me

--- End quote ---

:pondering:

Gefn:

--- Quote from: Oceander on December 18, 2016, 03:42:35 pm ---Me

--- End quote ---

Not so. I don't believe this.