Author Topic: Trump’s 17 cabinet-level picks have more money than a third of American households combined  (Read 2588 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Note that when they say "a third" they're not picking at random.  They are picking the lowest third, which is going to look a whole lot worse, especially when you consider the ones with negative worth pulling the rest down.

"It is worth noting that almost 13% of American households have zero or negative wealth because of debt, so we are adding together these households with those that have at least some wealth...."

Well of course you are.  You're including ALL of the ones with zero or negative wealth, so who else is there to include with them?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Note that when they say "a third" they're not picking at random.  They are picking the lowest third, which is going to look a whole lot worse, especially when you consider the ones with negative worth pulling the rest down.

"It is worth noting that almost 13% of American households have zero or negative wealth because of debt, so we are adding together these households with those that have at least some wealth...."

Well of course you are.  You're including ALL of the ones with zero or negative wealth, so who else is there to include with them?

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Frankly I am surprised the number is as low as 13 percent. I personally know a lot of working couples with very good incomes that come nowhere close to being enough to make their house payments if one of them gets sick or injured. I don't know them well enough to be certain,but I strongly suspect none of them have any money in savings,either. They also have a new car and a new truck,their kids wear designer clothes,they all have smart phones,etc,etc,etc.

There are a shocking (to me,anyway) number of middle and upper middle-class families in this country that are one missing paycheck away from trouble,and only 3 or 4 missing paychecks from being into foreclosure and heading towards being homeless. Granted,it is no ones fault but their own for living beyond their means,but it will still be a tragedy when it happens.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The alternative is a bunch of alt-right loony toons. I'll take billionaires thank you very much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The alternative is a bunch of alt-right loony toons. I'll take billionaires thank you very much.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

AMEN!

And the truth is we are going to have no choice but to take what we can get,so our time would be better spent trying to influence them that it is to tear them down before they even assume the offices.

Seems like too many people are forgetting that these people are supposed to be OUR guys,NOT our enemies,the guys Bubbette! would have put in these positions.  How does it profit any of us to tear our "own" people down BEFORE they are even in office and have a chance to do anything at all?

Silver Pines

@Cripplecreek

In other words you are having a hissy-fit because he won the nomination instead of JEB or some other piece of shit.

@sneakypete

Anybody who knows @Cripplecreek knows that's not the case, unless you think Bush is a Constitutionalist. 

The funny thing is, Steve Deace said yesterday that  barring a couple of cabinet appointments it looks like Trump fans have elected a high energy version of Jeb.

Silver Pines

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

AMEN!

And the truth is we are going to have no choice but to take what we can get,so our time would be better spent trying to influence them that it is to tear them down before they even assume the offices.

Seems like too many people are forgetting that these people are supposed to be OUR guys,NOT our enemies,the guys Bubbette! would have put in these positions.  How does it profit any of us to tear our "own" people down BEFORE they are even in office and have a chance to do anything at all?

@sneakypete

Nope, politics isn't a team sport.  They're "our" people only if they agree with our principles. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@sneakypete

Anybody who knows @Cripplecreek knows that's not the case, unless you think Bush is a Constitutionalist. 

The funny thing is, Steve Deace said yesterday that  barring a couple of cabinet appointments it looks like Trump fans have elected a high energy version of Jeb.

@CatherineofAragon

We had a chance to bring real constitutional change to Washington. Instead we got a progressive carnival barker who will double down on the very things he (lied about) said he was fighting against.

Can you imagine the screeching if Cruz had won and appointed even one low level Goldman Sachs employee?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:29:14 pm by Cripplecreek »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Figures don't lie!  But liars sure can figure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@CatherineofAragon

That  narrows it down to almost anyone with a  pulse.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Nope, politics isn't a team sport.  They're "our" people only if they agree with our principles.

@CatherineofAragon

The devil is always in the details. It's all in how each of us define "our" principles. People who liked either Bush would have been fine with Bubbette!,even if they would ever admit it in public.

MY choice would be someone practically a clone of Barry Goldwater,but I know that's asking too much these days. I don't have much faith in Trump either,but the keyword here is "much". I had no faith at all in any of the other candidates in the primary other than Cruz,but Cruz didn't win. I am HOPING that Trumps enormous ego will drive him to be the best president he can possibly be so he goes down in the history books as a "winner". It doesn't cost a single damn dime to hope,and at this point it looks to me like there is at least a 50/50 chance of it happening. I will take 50 percent positive over 100 percent negative any day and every day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@CatherineofAragon

We had a chance to bring real constitutional change to Washington.

@Cripplecreek

And WHO would that have been?

Not that it really matters because whoever it was didn't win and we are left dealing with reality,not wishes. There is SOME hope Trump will be a good president,and none at all that Bubbette! would have been anything other than her evil self-serving self.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

We had a chance to bring real constitutional change to Washington. Instead we got a progressive carnival barker who will double down on the very things he (lied about) said he was fighting against.

Can you imagine the screeching if Cruz had won and appointed even one low level Goldman Sachs employee?

@Cripplecreek

Lol, TOS would be gathering outside his office, screaming for impeachment before he even took office.  Well...they would be, that is, if they could drag themselves out of their recliners.

Wingnut

@Cripplecreek
 Well...they would be, that is, if they could drag themselves out of their recliners.

Or their old  cheetoes orange stained beanbag chair...

Silver Pines

Or their old  cheetoes orange stained beanbag chair...

@Wingnut

*Shuddershuddershudder*   Lol