Author Topic: Larry Kudlow is being considered to chair Trump's Council of Economic Advisers  (Read 918 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/larry-kudlow-considered-for-council-of-economic-advisers-2016-12

by Bob Bryan

[img Width=800 Height=500 ]http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/52f907f869beddd958092e40-1147/larry-kudlow.png[/img]

President-elect Donald Trump's administration is planning to nominate political commentator and economic analyst Larry Kudlow to chair the Council of Economic Advisers.

Stephen Moore, a conservative economist who advised Trump's presidential campaign, said at a luncheon in Michigan that Trump was set to choose Kudlow to be next chair of the council, a source who was in attendance told Business Insider.

In a follow-up conversation with Business Insider, Moore clarified that Kudlow is the leading candidate for the job but was not selected yet. Moore also said the selection would come in "the next week or so."

"He's a fantastic pick for the role, a great pick," Moore told Business Insider.

Moore also said that Kudlow was "a great communicator" and would be "an excellent salesman" for the tax plan that Moore and Kudlow helped design for the Trump team.

"He's got all the connections on Capitol Hill, he knows the plan well, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like Larry Kudlow," said Moore.

The council sits within the executive office and advises the president on economic policy.

Trump's transition team and Kudlow's office didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

Kudlow was associate director for economics within the Office of Management and Budget in the Reagan administration and a longtime CNBC host. He mulled a 2016 run for the US Senate, in which he would have challenged incumbent Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut.

Kudlow was an early advocate for Trump, saying his proposals to lower taxes would benefit the US economy. Later in the campaign, Kudlow broke with Trump on his more protectionist trade policies — Kudlow has advocated the Trans-Pacific Partnership — and anti-immigration policies.

The Council of Economic Advisers is made up of three economists and conducts research to provide the president with economic data to make policy. It also publishes the annual Economic Report of the President.

The chair of the council must be confirmed by the Senate.

Offline Night Hides Not

Larry better get an exemption from the drug screening.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline SirLinksALot

Larry better get an exemption from the drug screening.

No need for an exemption. The man has been clean and sober for over a decade or more and I am sure he can pass the test.

Larry Kudlow has confessed his past cocaine and alcoholism problem PUBLICLY since I can remember and oftentimes on his radio show when he veers away from economic to social issues, he often cites how alcohol almost destroyed his life and family until his faith in the power of prayer and Jesus Christ saved him.

Anybody who believes in redemption will be sympathetic to his story.

geronl

Welcome to the new

Survivor:
Trump Cabinet

I wonder who will be ousted first...

Offline SirLinksALot

Back at the FR site, I read a whole heap of posts DISAPPROVING of Larry Kudlow because among others, he is a Free Trader.

When someone mentioned Steve Forbes, the same disapproval emerged. Why? Because he's a free trader as well.

At this rate, I wonder how many protectionists Trump can find....