Author Topic: Rush: Jim Brown Falls in Love with Trump  (Read 664 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Jim Brown Falls in Love with Trump
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:58:01 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/12/14/jim_brown_falls_in_love_with_trump

Jim Brown Falls in Love with Trump
December 14, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jim Brown, noted NFL great, I told you yesterday he was at Trump Tower with Ray Lewis. Jim Brown came down the elevator after speaking with Trump and just gobsmacked the assembled media.  He said, "I love Donald Trump." After meeting with Donald Trump, Jim Brown said, "I love this guy."  Jim Brown said, "The three most important men in my life were white."  People who gave him his first opportunity, his mentor, and his coach.  So he doesn't look at this as a racial thing.  What he heard Trump say about wanting to revitalize African-American neighborhoods in the inner city really fired him up.

He came down that elevator saying to people, "This guy is gonna do stuff! This guy is a man of action.  I love this guy."  Meanwhile, the media -- flummoxed and depressed -- turned to LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, who says just the opposite.  LeBron James doesn't want any part of Trump and is out saying so.  So they're using LeBron James to marginalize Jim Brown, one of the greatest running backs -- in many people's eyes, the greatest running back.

He amassed all of his records in just nine years.  My dad was a huge Jim Brown fan.  I'll never forget being a kid watching the NFL on TV. My dad was blown away by the fact that Jim Brown didn't wear hip pads.  It's amazing what you remember growing up.  I'll never forget my dad telling me that about Jim Brown: "He never wore hip pads," which meant that he was a tough, tough guy.  All of those rushing records in nine seasons. 

END TRANSCRIPT
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:58:22 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline JustPassinThru

Re: Rush: Jim Brown Falls in Love with Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:24:16 pm »
Jim Brown...the running back who did time in the pen for HOMICIDE?

In there with TRUMP?  This is getting worse and worse.   **nononono*

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 11:04:36 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Brown#Legal_troubles_and_controversy

I'm not sure about murder from the write-up; but there have been a few things about JB I haven't liked. Again, I've thought for awhile, sometimes people are able to get away with some serious character flaws, depending on whom their audience is.

Jim Brown an icon? I don't know about that. He was a great player.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 11:17:58 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Brown#Legal_troubles_and_controversy

I'm not sure about murder from the write-up; but there have been a few things about JB I haven't liked. Again, I've thought for awhile, sometimes people are able to get away with some serious character flaws, depending on whom their audience is.

Jim Brown an icon? I don't know about that. He was a great player.

So, what?  A football player is just a sort of entertainer.  Not even a very-good one - a good actor is time better spent, IMHO. 

Wikipedia is a place for apologists and cultists and fanboiZ to spread their adulation and any disinformation they want.  I was younger when Jim Brown did what he did...but just that he was convicted in SPITE of his folk-hero status, suggests the overwhelming preponderance of the evidence.

Trump would do well to stay away from such persons...but then, nobody ever accused Donald Trump of good sense. 

I think in the months ahead we're going to see the difference between a serious businessman, in the mold of George Romney or Carl Ichan or Lee Iacocca...and a Tammany bagman who somehow managed to take himself from the bottom of the Pay-To-Play game, to the fore and become a make-believe "Developer" and media star.