Author Topic: The Left’s Discrimination Double Standard: Artistic Freedom for Me, But Not for Thee  (Read 283 times)

rangerrebew

The Left’s Discrimination Double Standard: Artistic Freedom for Me, But Not for Thee

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in his renowned and timeless Letter from a Birmingham Jail, identified one of the hallmarks of injustice: culturally and politically powerful groups saying others must comply with a law that they are unwilling to make binding on themselves. Today’s purveyors of injustice? Progressive leftists who demand that everyone’s speech—except their own—be coerced by nondiscrimination laws.

Small business owners whose religious convictions lead them to conscientiously object to promoting same-sex wedding ceremonies know this all too well. Just ask Carl and Angel Larsen, owners of Telescope Media Group, a video production company in Minnesota. The Larsens aren’t in the wedding industry yet, but they want to start producing films telling stories that celebrate marriages between one man and one woman.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/jeremy-tedesco/lefts-discrimination-double-standard-artistic-freedom-me-not-thee