Author Topic: Aleppo battle: Rebels 'to leave' - Russian ambassador  (Read 303 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Aleppo battle: Rebels 'to leave' - Russian ambassador
« on: December 13, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »
Aleppo battle: Rebels 'to leave' - Russian ambassador
    22 minutes ago
    From the section Middle East

A deal has been agreed for Syrian rebel fighters to leave enclaves they still hold in eastern Aleppo, Russia's ambassador to the UN has said.

It is not clear whether the deal applies to civilians, thousands of whom are trapped in the besieged areas.

The rebels are on the brink of defeat in the city after a major government offensive backed by Russian air power.

Word of the deal came as the UN reported summary killings by pro-government forces.

The UN's human rights office said it had reliable evidence that in four areas 82 civilians were killed, adding that many more may have died.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38308883

Offline chae

Re: Aleppo battle: Rebels 'to leave' - Russian ambassador
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »
I'm all in favor of Assad being back in power.  He made Syria a safe place for Christians, rare in that cesspool part of the world.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Aleppo battle: Rebels 'to leave' - Russian ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:50:34 pm »
The Assads helped bomb 250 marines, Assads let Jihadists operate in Syria and attack US troops in Iraq, the same kind that helped form ISIS; Assad let his own people be slaughtered, there are Christians among the opposition leaders that have even talked with Putin in the negotiations. I don't care about the Assads, they are at a state of war with Israel and allies of Hezbollah, avowed Jihaidists in their own right.

That Assad protected Christians I think is a bit of propaganda. I don't see a lot of Christians endorsing Assad either.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:52:19 pm by TomSea »