Author Topic: 'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol  (Read 3937 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: 'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2016, 02:38:28 am »
Give it up, @txradioguy, you don't have what it takes to be both that trite and shallow and angry and ugly, all at the same time.

You're in the presence of a master.

@Sanguine you're right. Im simply out matched. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 02:42:23 am »
                            You're out of line @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016, 03:17:45 am »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia

Watching paint dry is a better use of my time than using it to think about Cruz, gratuitously or otherwise.
[/quote

The disdain that you have for Cruz is very obvious. Do you have a problem with him praying with pastors and other conservative members of Congress??  I applaud him and them for what they are doing.  How can we expect God to protect this country, allow her to prosper and flourish if we don't acknowledge and pay homage to his greatness? We cannot continue to allow the current attack on Christianity to spread or Christianity to be tossed aside and deemed as politically incorrect.

I used to work for a Finance Company and we had regular prayer meetings.  I worked at a hospital where many of us would join various different pastors in prayer at the chapel at different times for various different events. I found working in the atmosphere refreshing and reassuring that Christianity was alive and well. This country was founded upon Christian values and beliefs.  Christianity is at the very core of our country's foundation; yet you choose to mock those in our government who pray.

Now, how many prayers rugs do you have or want in your home?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:20:43 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 03:44:49 am »
How long before the prayer rugs arrive?

Whether you like it or not people are allowed to pray.  the Capitol is a great place to pray for the country and it is refreshing to see.  It is powerful.  This is what God has to say about it.

2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 03:53:19 am »
You are an idiot.

There are Velvet-Elvis-Like The DONNY Prayer Rugs Available ...... but that sort of Revival we do NOT NEED!!!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 01:37:31 pm »
I may not be the world's greatest Christian but I gotta love and respect those who walk the walk loud and proud.

You mean like these guys. First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774
http://chaplain.house.gov/archive/continental.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 01:41:47 pm »
Give it up, @txradioguy, you don't have what it takes to be both that trite and shallow and angry and ugly, all at the same time.

You're in the presence of a master.

QFT

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 01:50:43 pm »
Especially for you RIV:

First prayer of the Continental Congress:

“Be Thou present, O God of Wisdom, and direct the counsel of this Honorable Assembly; enable them to settle all things on the best and surest foundations; that the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that Order, Harmony and Peace may be effectually restored, and that Truth and Justice, Religion and Piety, prevail and flourish among the people. … Preserve the health of their bodies, and the vigor of their minds, shower down on them, and the millions they here represent, such temporal Blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world, and crown them with everlasting Glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Saviour, Amen.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/the-prayer-that-influenced-1st-continental-congress/#vptaOqs5B8eJ1iYr.99

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 02:04:02 pm »
Hundreds or dozens of people were there but of course, we hear about Cruz, his press agents must have seized the moment to grab attention. What does the Bible say about praying in public and private?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 02:07:17 pm »
Hundreds or dozens of people were there but of course, we hear about Cruz, his press agents must have seized the moment to grab attention. What does the Bible say about praying in public and private?

You have Trump and Cruz confused.

Mark 16:15 NKJV

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Psalms 96:3 NKJV

“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

And there is also this:

Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:17:49 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »
Progressives hate Christianity because it interferes with their belief that government is the ultimate arbiter of morality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »
You have Trump and Cruz confused.

Yes, while it's absolutely baffling how that could happen, it does seem to a lot.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 02:18:55 pm »
Yes, while it's absolutely baffling how that could happen, it does seem to a lot.

I went back and added verses to answer Tom's question to musiclady.  Not that he will take them for what they are.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 02:29:42 pm »
I'm glad Cruz can be seen now for whom he is,

Campaign accused Rubio of saying the opposite of what Marco said about the Bible, Cruz campaign said Rubio said "there are no answers in that book" about the Bible.

Cruz and his 7 mountains dominionism.

And worse of all, how Cruz was talking to some persecuted Christians from the Middle East, more historically linked to Christ than Cruz's rapturism and Cruz just talks about Israel. Cruz lost my vote and I voted for him multiple times. He is just an attention seeker. Doesn't know much about foreign policy and so on.

Bible belt was his stronghold, he sure didn't win anywhere in the South Proper, not NC, no wins anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:30:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline chae

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2016, 02:31:54 pm »
Every time that I start to soften on my Never Trump stand, one of his supporters comes along and reminds me why I became Never Trump in the first place.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2016, 02:35:09 pm »
Every time that I start to soften on my Never Trump stand, one of his supporters comes along and reminds me why I became Never Trump in the first place.

Never reconcile with progressive scumbags. To do so is to invite the knife in your back.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »

Campaign accused Rubio of saying the opposite of what Marco said about the Bible, Cruz campaign said Rubio said "there are no answers in that book" about the Bible.

And worse of all, how Cruz was talking to some persecuted Christians from the Middle East, more historically linked to Christ than Cruz's rapturism and Cruz just talks about Israel. Cruz lost my vote and I voted for him multiple times. He is just an attention seeker. Doesn't know much about foreign policy and so on.

Bible belt was his stronghold, he sure didn't win anywhere in the South Proper, not NC, no wins anywhere.

Yes more and more people are seeing Cruz for what he is; a Christian constitutional conservative with integrity.  I would love to meet him one day, it would be an absolute honor!  I have sent him an e-mail to express my gratitude for his prayers.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2016, 02:38:44 pm »

Now, that's some bizarre stuff, @TomSea.  Where do you get this kind of thing?  And, how could you vote for Cruz "multiple times"?  He hasn't been in politics that long.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2016, 02:39:20 pm »

And its bad enough that their sniping serves absolutely no useful purpose.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:41:09 pm by skeeter »

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »
Don't presume to tell me what I think @txradioguy   You lack the intellect and the skill.

Watching paint dry is a better use of my time than using it to think about Cruz, gratuitously or otherwise.

@Right_in_Virginia

LOL!

Where did you get the idea that passive-aggressive simpering indicates intellect?

However, if you really are a Mensa warrior, why not head on up to Trump Tower and offer your skills to that daffodil-mulleted moron you voted for. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2016, 04:04:30 pm »
It's amazing...even now, after Cruz left the race months ago and after Donald won the presidency, there are some Trumpists who react like this when Cruz's name is mentioned:

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2016, 04:07:50 pm »

@TomSea

Well, it really doesn't say much about your judgment that you voted for Cruz "multiple times" without "seeing him for whom he is."

I conclude that your habitual lack of discernment is again leading you to support a fraud.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2016, 06:09:33 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

LOL!

Where did you get the idea that passive-aggressive simpering indicates intellect?

However, if you really are a Mensa warrior, why not head on up to Trump Tower and offer your skills to that daffodil-mulleted moron you voted for.

Man, you have a way with words, @CatherineofAragon !

I have never heard a better description of the Donald than that.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2016, 06:51:22 pm »
Man, you have a way with words, @CatherineofAragon !

I have never heard a better description of the Donald than that.  :beer:

@musiclady

:beer:

A 70 year-old president who colors his hair and frequents the tanning salon...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2016, 06:56:27 pm »

@musiclady

:beer:

A 70 year-old president who colors his hair and frequents the tanning salon...

If only those were the worst of his "issues"......     :shrug: