Author Topic: Charlie Daniels: America’s Days to Pull Out of the Morass We’re in Are Numbered  (Read 543 times)

rangerrebew

Charlie Daniels: America’s Days to Pull Out of the Morass We’re in Are Numbered

As I write this, it is December 7, 2016, the 75th anniversary of the Japanese sneak air attack on the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor in what was then the U.S. territory of Hawaii, before it had become our 50th state.

It was a cold, gray, blustery day on the Carolina coast and my family was at my grandparents’ house on the Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington, North Carolina, gathered around a big floor model radio listening to a scratchy overseas news broadcast describing the attack that had destroyed the majority of the Naval Fleet that was moored in port and an easy target for the Japanese bombers.

Being only five years old at the time, I certainly didn't understand the gravity of what had happened and had no idea where or what Pearl Harbor, Hawaii was, but I knew that something catastrophic had happened to the country I had been taught to love and honor all my young life.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/charlie-daniels/charlie-daniels-americas-days-pull-out-morass-were-are-numbered