Author Topic: Trump dares GOP Senate to reject Tillerson  (Read 1820 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump dares GOP Senate to reject Tillerson
« on: December 13, 2016, 05:38:01 pm »

It could take only three Republicans to sink him, and Marco Rubio, John McCain and Lindsey Graham have all been critical.

By Burgess Everett

12/13/16 11:27 Am

Donald Trump is daring a fight with the Republican Senate with his nomination of ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson, and his confirmation is far from a sure thing.

But barring new revelations about Tillerson's past and connections with Russia, there are early indications that Trump will prevail. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he "looks forward to supporting" Tillerson, and several members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee sounded positive notes about the nomination after it became official.

Still, Trump and Tillerson will have little margin for error. GOP Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Marco Rubio of Florida and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina have all reacted critically to Tillerson's business ties to Russia. It would only take three Republicans to sink him, if Democrats all voted no.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/rex-tillerson-gop-opposition-trump-232556
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kjam22

Re: Trump dares GOP Senate to reject Tillerson
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
Speaking as a never trumper...... I gotta say i am pleased with his cabinet picks.   Plesantly surprised and encouraged
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »
Speaking as a never trumper...... I gotta say i am pleased with his cabinet picks.   Plesantly surprised and encouraged

@kjam22    I too, am pleasantly surprised and encouraged by most of his picks so far, but Tillerson seems proof positive that espousing American ideals such as Freedom, Liberty and Justice around the World has been replaced by 'The Art of the Deal'.
    I  want 'warmer' relations with Putin, particularly in the fight against Radical Islam he can prove to be a worthy ally, but not at the expense of the US overlooking the evil that this Man truly is.

Guess all we can do is wait and see.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »
Trump and his government are going to be a complete disaster

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 07:21:31 pm »

You aren't alone.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 07:23:41 pm »
Trump and his government are going to be a complete disaster

I see Tillerson supports carbon taxes and believes in global warming.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 07:26:09 pm »
I see Tillerson supports carbon taxes and believes in global warming.

and gays in the Boy Scouts

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 09:10:55 pm »

It could take only three Republicans to sink him, and Marco Rubio, John McCain and Lindsey Graham have all been critical.

By Burgess Everett

12/13/16 11:27 Am

Donald Trump is daring a fight with the Republican Senate with his nomination of ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson, and his confirmation is far from a sure thing.

But barring new revelations about Tillerson's past and connections with Russia, there are early indications that Trump will prevail. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he "looks forward to supporting" Tillerson, and several members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee sounded positive notes about the nomination after it became official.

Still, Trump and Tillerson will have little margin for error. GOP Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Marco Rubio of Florida and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina have all reacted critically to Tillerson's business ties to Russia. It would only take three Republicans to sink him, if Democrats all voted no.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/rex-tillerson-gop-opposition-trump-232556

Does the Kennedy guy from LA count in on this??

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 09:40:32 pm »
Does the Kennedy guy from LA count in on this??

Trump and Pence both campaigned for the ex-democrap, so I'm sure he's fully on board with anything Trump does.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »
Its not even Jan 20th and the Trump Train is circling the wagons.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 12:45:31 am »
Tillerson isn't looking so good the more we get to know him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 01:35:09 am »
And if they call his bluff then what?

Verbal taunts and name calling on Twitter?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 01:56:13 am »
   @kjam22    I too, am pleasantly surprised and encouraged by most of his picks so far, but Tillerson seems proof positive that espousing American ideals such as Freedom, Liberty and Justice around the World has been replaced by 'The Art of the Deal'.

Me three on the cabinet picks overall.

I'm not bothered by any prior positive interactions between Tillerson and Putin, nor do I expect Tillerson to agree with me on everything.

However governing is not deal-making, nor is statecraft.  If neither the POTUS nor the SECSTATE have any experience in formulating foreign policy, we have a problem.  While I generally think the PEOTUS deserves significant deference in cabinet appointments, I'm looking for some R Senators to hold this bar high.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 02:36:34 am »
Of Trump's cabinet picks that the Senate will have to agree to; I'm not so impressed!  The Goldman Sachs duo selection is concerning.  DeVos for Secy' Education has been applauded by Jeb; Mr. Common Core himself, so I find her appointment troubling.  He appointed Carson, a neurosurgeon to HUD which makes absolutely no sense.  Then we have Haley as ambassador to the UN with virtually no experience.  McConnell's wife has also been appointed to his cabinet; all I can say is that was a total liberal surprise and IMHO the concerns surrounding Tillerson and Russian ties are justified. Nope, not impressed at all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-administration-appointee-tracker/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:38:58 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 02:40:55 am »
Of the 16 of 21 cabinet picks that the Senate will have to agree to; I'm not so impressed!  The Goldman Sachs duo selection is concerning.  DeVos for Secy' Education has been applauded by Jeb; Mr. Common Core himself, so I find her appointment troubling.  He appointed Carson, a neurosurgeon to HUD which makes absolutely no sense.  Then we have Haley as ambassador to the UN with virtually no experience.  McConnell's wife has also been appointed to his cabinet; all I can say is that was a total liberal surprise and IMHO the concerns surrounding Tillerson and Russian ties are justified. Nope, not impressed at all.

The DeVos family isn't well known among the general public outside of Michigan but they are very well known inside the beltway. Betsy DeVos has a history with the RNC and her family has some defense contracting history. Her brother Erik Prince is the founder of Blackwater.

Probably more connected to DC than Rona Romney.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 02:52:03 am »
The DeVos family isn't well known among the general public outside of Michigan but they are very well known inside the beltway. Betsy DeVos has a history with the RNC and her family has some defense contracting history. Her brother Erik Prince is the founder of Blackwater.

Probably more connected to DC than Rona Romney.

Her past statements and ties to Common Core bothered the Trump team enough to make her publicly repudiate that at his last rally there. It may be a positive here, the way I see it.

Michigan has a lot of space in the GOP and Trumps head.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 03:41:43 am »

Completely agree!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 03:44:18 am »
Rex Tillerson is a fine man and will easily be confirmed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 03:53:12 am »
Rex Tillerson is a fine man and will easily be confirmed!

@Bigun, is his drive to allow gay leaders in the Boy Scouts, support of planned parenthood, and support for the Paris accord being misreported?  I sure hope so.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:55:53 am by Sanguine »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 03:54:44 am »
@Bigun, is his drive to allow great leaders in the Boy Scouts, support of planned parenthood, and support for the Paris accord being misreported?  I sure hope so.

IMHO yes!  Grossly!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 03:59:36 am »
IMHO yes!  Grossly!

Like I said on another thread....  (On Rex' watch)

(1)  The XTO acquisition is considered the worst move by an Exxon CEO since the Valdez response.

(2) 38% worse stock performance vs. CVX in the past year?

(3) Lost AAA S & P rating after 50+ years?

Rex leaving may be the best thing ever to happen to my XOM stock.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:00:18 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.