Author Topic: No Charges for Officer Who Went to Wrong Home, Killed Owner  (Read 523 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
No Charges for Officer Who Went to Wrong Home, Killed Owner
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:06:57 am »
No Charges for Officer Who Went to Wrong Home, Killed Owner
By Associated Press   December 9, 2016

STOCKBRIDGE, Ga.—A grand jury has decided not to indict a Georgia police officer who went to the wrong house and fatally shot the homeowner.

News outlets report a grand jury on Thursday declined to charge Henry County Sgt. Patrick Snook in the death of 63-year-old William David Powell.

Snook and two other officers went to Powell’s home in June in response to a 911 call about gunshots and a woman screaming for help.

Officers testified that they knocked on the door, but no one responded until Powell emerged from his garage, armed with a gun. Police say Powell refused to put the gun down, prompting Snook to shoot him.

Read More At: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2196557-no-charges-for-officer-who-went-to-wrong-home-killed-owner/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: No Charges for Officer Who Went to Wrong Home, Killed Owner
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:01:54 pm »
Oh,well. Mistakes happen,and we all know the prime concern amongst police agencies these days is "Officer safety",right?

I'm old enough to remember when the prime concern of police agencies in America was "citizen safety",but those days are long gone.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »
I walked in to Wal*Mart the other day and saw a patron with a pistol. It's an open carry state.

At no time did I feel endangered or the need to gun him down. Weird.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 10:58:09 pm »
I walked in to Wal*Mart the other day and saw a patron with a pistol. It's an open carry state.

At no time did I feel endangered or the need to gun him down. Weird.

@bolobaby

You must have a silencer on your shooter,or you would have heard it screaming,"LET ME OUT OF HERE SO I CAN SHOOT HIM!" We all know  how irresponsible some guns can be.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!