Author Topic: Biden: Obama, Pelosi, Schumer are the future leaders of Democratic Party  (Read 357 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Biden: Obama, Pelosi, Schumer are the future leaders of Democratic Party
© Getty

President Obama, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), incoming Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Joe Biden are the future leaders of the Democratic Party, the vice president said Sunday.

Biden acknowledged that the Democrats have had a hard time finding a direction after Hillary Clinton lost last month's president election to Donald Trump.

“Well, like after every presidential election where the party loses, there is no single leader," Biden said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"There are voices that hopefully will be heard."

He continued: "Hopefully, I’ll be able to have a voice in the direction of the party. The president of the United States will. Obviously, Chuck Schumer will. Obviously, Nancy Pelosi will. There is going to be governors that will emerge. So it’s a contest of ideas of which direction to take the party."

Biden also said he doesn't plan on going anywhere.

"I'm really not," he said.

"I think 2018 is going to be a very good year for the Democrats, because now these guys are going to have to say not generically, 'Make America better,' [but] 'here’s how I’m going to make America better.' ”

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/309865-biden-obama-pelosi-schumer-future-of-democratic-party
The Republic is lost.