Author Topic: Rick Perry Said to Be Trump's Top Candidate for Energy Secretary  (Read 1450 times)

Offline corbe

Rick Perry Said to Be Trump's Top Candidate for Energy Secretary
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:05 pm »

Rick Perry Said to Be Trump's Top Candidate for Energy Secretary

Sunday, 11 Dec 2016 10:36 AM

Donald Trump has narrowed his search for energy secretary to four people, with former Texas Governor Rick Perry the leading candidate, said people familiar with the president-elect’s selection process.

Two Democratic senators from energy-producing states -- Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia -- are also in the mix, along with Ray Washburne, a Dallas investor and former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

<..snip..>

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rick-perry-trump-pick/2016/12/11/id/763342/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Rick Perry Said to Be Trump's Top Candidate for Energy Secretary
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 04:23:05 pm »
   Never would have thought a NY Liberal would be so kind to Big Oil AND Texas?

This is someone else pulling the strings in the Trump Transition Team - Rebekah Mercer?

What Next, Cruz for the Supreme Court? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PoloSec

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 04:57:40 pm »
Who could be next in the mix?

Jeb Bush Perhaps?
Maybe the CEO of BP he definitely knows energy and the admin could use some accent.
Would it be surprising to see Sarah Palin?

Only the Wizard knows because, because, because... of all the wonderful things he does.
Facts, Reason, Logic and Common Sense when consistently applied ultimately leads to the proper conclusion!  It worked for our Founding Fathers.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 05:32:56 pm »
   Never would have thought a NY Liberal would be so kind to Big Oil AND Texas?

This is someone else pulling the strings in the Trump Transition Team - Rebekah Mercer?

What Next, Cruz for the Supreme Court?

I just read this story in the Dallas Morning News.  It was a DMN special... a hit piece on both Trump and Perry.  I hate that paper.

The DMN story focused on 3 things... that this job usually goes to scientists; a reminder that Perry forgot the third Department he would eliminate and it was this one; and a reminder of a fake Perry scandal when he was Governor of Texas.

The DMN forgot that Perry was the longest serving governor of Texas and a very good one.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2016/12/11/rick-perry-reportedly-leads-race-top-post-energy-department-said-cut
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 05:34:42 pm »
Who could be next in the mix?

Jeb Bush Perhaps?
Maybe the CEO of BP he definitely knows energy and the admin could use some accent.
Would it be surprising to see Sarah Palin?

Only the Wizard knows because, because, because... of all the wonderful things he does.

Yes, but.

Yes, but this would be a really good choice.  No one better than someone who knows the faults and failings of the Department.

We don't have to hate everything Trump does.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »
Yet another bad choice

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »
Yet another bad choice

I think this would be one of Trumps Good picks, but I am Bias being from Texas and all.

Gov. Perry allowed the Fracking Industry in Texas to expand where we currently have an Oil Glut, with the only downside being Oklahoma earthquakes.

Just kidding on that last part.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 05:42:35 pm »
Rick Perry, the man whose idea of promoting Texas was attacking the other 49 states around him. You can bet he won't be promoting natural gas drilling in New York.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 05:46:43 pm »
   I think this would be one of Trumps Good picks, but I am Bias being from Texas and all.

I'm a Texan and I think it's a bad pick

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 06:09:32 pm »
Rick Perry, the man whose idea of promoting Texas was attacking the other 49 states around him. You can bet he won't be promoting natural gas drilling in New York.

Attacking?  When did that happen?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 06:11:04 pm »

I think it's a "business as usual", "go along to get along", "pick the politician" pick.  Not a fan of Perry, though he hasn't done much damage either. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »

@jmyrlefuller    I would agree that he traveled to many States across the Nation trying to lure jobs to Texas (very successfully, I might add) and in so doing generated allot of animosity toward Him and Texas among his targets, NY, CA among the two primaries.

NY not drilling is entirely the fault of the enviorweinees and your Legislature.  Besides we also have a Glut of Natural Gas right now more so than Crude.

Exxon/Mobil at State, Pruitt at EPA and Perry at Energy, they will soon be drilling in your backyard by Executive Order, it's a win-win, think of your Royalty Payments!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 06:49:02 pm »
Excellent choice.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 07:00:55 pm »

That is not true.  Rick Perry put Texas first, as well he should, but what's the evidence that he attacked the rest of the states (unless, of course, you write for the DMN... they don't need evidence.)

The fact that Rick put the Energy Department on his useless list is good enough for me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 07:20:41 pm »
That is not true.  Rick Perry put Texas first, as well he should, but what's the evidence that he attacked the rest of the states (unless, of course, you write for the DMN... they don't need evidence.)

The fact that Rick put the Energy Department on his useless list is good enough for me.

Rick was trying to attract business to Texas and he succeeded very well.  Texas is business friendly.  No wonder people are leaving California and many other dem run states and coming to Texas.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 07:42:11 pm »
Nope....you are from Texas and even if Trump picked Ronald Reagan for a cabinet pick you'd have something nasty to say about it.

Offline ABX

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 07:51:28 pm »
  Rick was trying to attract business to Texas and he succeeded very well.  Texas is business friendly.  No wonder people are leaving California and many other dem run states and coming to Texas.

One of the reasons Texas booked during some of the recent down times is Perry treated attracting business to the state like how businesses compete for customers. Offer better products that provide more value.

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »
Freepers aren't happy so it must be a good choice.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 08:29:19 pm »
Freepers aren't happy so it must be a good choice.

They will never be happy because no human being could live up to their weird expectations of Trump.