Author Topic: Breaking: Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for secretary of State  (Read 3288 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Breaking: Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for secretary of State
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 09:36:47 pm »

Finally a Texan in Trump's cabinet, but his ties to Putin scare me, I don't ever trust a KGB Officer.   
Grew up in the 60's with 'Duck and Cover' and Civil Defense'.

They have been friendly business associates for decades.   He's probably already said, "Rex!...Hillary?  Really??  WTF???
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 10:07:38 pm »
They have been friendly business associates for decades.   He's probably already said, "Rex!...Hillary?  Really??  WTF???

@DCPatriot

Hey it's only fair that Big Oil get a seat at the table w/ the Hedge Fund, Hamburger, and WWE people, don't you think?
   Maybe Mitch's wife can supervise the draining of the swamp, while the Generals keep everybody at attention.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 10:21:34 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/10/report-exxon-mobil-ceo-rex-tillerson-expected-to-be-named-trumps-secretary-of-state/

Report: Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson Expected to Be Named Secretary of State, John Bolton as Deputy

Wish it was the other way around
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 10:30:21 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/10/report-exxon-mobil-ceo-rex-tillerson-expected-to-be-named-trumps-secretary-of-state/

Report: Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson Expected to Be Named Secretary of State, John Bolton as Deputy

I don't think it will make the least bit of difference  as they think very much alike.  And besides that foggy bottom desperately needs sorting out and Tillerson will know how to do that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »

This is proving that Rebekah Mercer has allot more influence in this Trump Transition team than some want to believe.
   Very Good that she's also a BIG FAN of Sen. Cruz.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-powerful-woman-in-the-trump-transition-team-2016-11?international=true&IR=T
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

Re: ExxonMobil CEO Tillerson emerging as frontrunner for secretary of state
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »
So far he seems to be the most solid on the S of S list. He also looks like a no nonsense guy........unlike the circus act we have now.

I wouldn't let that freak wash my kit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:37:32 pm by Wingnut »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 11:39:48 pm »
   @DCPatriot

Hey it's only fair that Big Oil get a seat at the table w/ the Hedge Fund, Hamburger, and WWE people, don't you think?
   Maybe Mitch's wife can supervise the draining of the swamp, while the Generals keep everybody at attention.

Wouldn't you agree what makes this man great for the job is that he's got about 100 good men and women...no, 'SENSATIONAL' men and women who can begin to fill in the State Department heads?  Replacing Obama people where possible and even 'terminating' many.

The 'NEW' Washington Super Heroes.  The Avenging 'OUTSIDERS'!!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 11:51:14 pm »
   @DCPatriot

If we could just round things out with Jerry Jones and T Boone we'd have a full blown circus with non-stop entertainment.  I"m pretty sure it's OK to throw peanut shells on the ground isn't it?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 12:07:34 am »
Reuters is reporting that he's one of the top contenders for SOS.

..."Trump met Tillerson on Tuesday and may talk to him again over the weekend, the official said. Trump appears to be in the final days of deliberations over his top diplomat with an announcement possible next week.

Tillerson's favored status was revealed as former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani formally withdrew from consideration for secretary of state.

The transition official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Tillerson, 64, had moved ahead in Trump's deliberations over 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has met Trump twice, including at a dinner in New York.

But the official said Romney was still under consideration for the job, along with John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations; U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, and retired Navy Admiral James Stavridis..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tillerson-idUSKBN13Z01E

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 02:16:20 am »
Government by Lobbyists

geronl

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 02:21:07 am »
Exxon had a slow year in 2016, spending only $8.8 million trying to get the government to do it favors.

Now they might not need to spend anything.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 02:38:05 am »
Well...Tillerson will be good for the oil industry.  Oh well...at least good for me.   :smokin:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: ExxonMobil CEO Tillerson emerging as frontrunner for secretary of state
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 08:39:09 am »
Interesting.

I'd almost say that a lobotomized monkey would be better as SECSTATE than a career politician. But that would just be hyperbole . . . mostly.

Gads I deplore career politicos.

If he's a good man--that's a huge priority. The rest will sort out OK if he's not ordered to do ugly hellish globalist things from above--which he likely will be. Sigh.

Thanks for the ping.

I think it is about time that Big Oil and Goldman Sachs finally latched onto representation in our US Government.  They can help President Trump drain that swamp in Washington DC.

Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 01:42:55 pm »
Well...Tillerson will be good for the oil industry.  Oh well...at least good for me.   :smokin:

Its just like Mr. McGuire told Benjamin:   "I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening?  Oil."

Online mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »
When you consider the past two secretaries have been Hillary and Effin Kerry, just about anyone is an improvement. Tillerson seems a smart guy. As with other appointees with close ties to particular businesses, I just hope he remembers he's there to serve the interests of the nation.

Edit to add that I just saw this on Twitter:
Dr. Rand Paul ‏@RandPaul 24m24 minutes ago

I am a no on John Bolton for ANY position in the State Departement and will work to defeat his nomination to any post.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:47:11 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »
I don't mind Tillerson.

It's Bannon and Flynn I got a problem with. We should not let mental illness anywhere near the Presidency.

Trump needs as much help as he can get in that area.

Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 03:44:53 pm »
We should not let mental illness anywhere near the Presidency.

Trump needs as much help as he can get in that area.

Trumps got the market covered on that angle.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 03:50:20 pm »
Reuters is reporting that he's one of the top contenders for SOS.

..."Trump met Tillerson on Tuesday and may talk to him again over the weekend, the official said. Trump appears to be in the final days of deliberations over his top diplomat with an announcement possible next week.

Tillerson's favored status was revealed as former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani formally withdrew from consideration for secretary of state.

The transition official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Tillerson, 64, had moved ahead in Trump's deliberations over 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has met Trump twice, including at a dinner in New York.

But the official said Romney was still under consideration for the job, along with John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations; U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, and retired Navy Admiral James Stavridis..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tillerson-idUSKBN13Z01E

As a 35 year holder of XON, MOB, and thus XOM, Tillerson's choice to get XTO is considered to be the worst decision made since the Valdez response.  Personally, I also don't think he's qualified.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 03:54:40 pm »

So he has ties to Putin?? Not good..

He's increasingly unlikely to be confirmed because of it.

Just this morning I see Marco Rubio tweeted that "Friend of Vladimir" is not something that should be at the top of a resume for cabinet positions.

Now lets hope the same standard holds for all the Kremlin's............ er Trump nominees.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 04:10:32 pm »
Government by Lobbyists

Who's the lobbyist?