Author Topic: 'Lock her up'? Trump now ignores chant, says 'Now we don't care'  (Read 983 times)

Offline Vulcan

'Lock her up'? Trump now ignores chant, says 'Now we don't care'
« on: December 11, 2016, 01:55:36 am »
Dec 10, 2016 - WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Donald Trump said Friday he doesn't care about prosecuting Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, after attendees at his rally chanted "lock her up."

After the chants started at the President-elect's post-election "thank you" rally in Michigan, he responded, "That plays great before the election -- now we don't care, right?"

{{snip}}

However, once Trump became President-elect, he said he wouldn't recommend prosecution of Clinton, whom he told New York Times reporters has "suffered greatly."

He also said the idea of prosecuting Clinton is "just not something I feel very strongly about."

more here

Offline montanajoe

Re: 'Lock her up'? Trump now ignores chant, says 'Now we don't care'
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 01:58:16 am »
Snicker...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 02:02:45 am »

However, once Trump became President-elect, he said he wouldn't recommend prosecution of Clinton, whom he told New York Times reporters has "suffered greatly."

He also said the idea of prosecuting Clinton is "just not something I feel very strongly about."

more here

Maybe that's what he would like to say in a meeting with the families of the victims

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 02:05:01 am »
"That plays great before the election -- now we don't care, right?"

IOW, I wasn't lying to YOU, I was lying to all those other people we needed to get me elected.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 02:08:16 am »
Ha! Ha!

fooled the gullible

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 02:09:56 am »
Just more of that 60 dimensional chess.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:15:42 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 05:14:44 pm »
I must admit, I am disappointed the usual spin doctors haven't shown up here, trying ridiculous ways of twisting this into something supposedly palatable.  Maybe they're waiting for the mothership to come up with the line to push.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 05:16:55 pm »
I must admit, I am disappointed the usual spin doctors haven't shown up here, trying ridiculous ways of twisting this into something supposedly palatable.  Maybe they're waiting for the mothership to come up with the line to push.

They're too busy declaring everything to be fake news and practicing their Russian butt kissing phraseology.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 05:51:42 pm »
   If Trump was really sincere about helping his fellow NY'er heal, he would create and put her in charge of a new Government department ESAD.   Ethical Situation and Diversity Department to research Non-Profit Foundations.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:11 pm »
In regards to that Wall…

In regards to Illegals…

In regards to repealing ObamaCare…

In regards to rebuilding the military….

In regards to stopping Muslim immigration….

TRUMP: "That plays great before the election -- now we don't care, right?"

You Trump supporters are going to be shown to be the biggest gullible bunch of people to ever get conned, swindled, coerced, corrupted and manipulated since 1930's Europe.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 06:26:43 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775