Author Topic: BREAKING: Louisiana Gives Republican John Kennedy Last Senate Seat Of 2016  (Read 1179 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/12/10/breaking-louisiana-gives-republican-john-kennedy-last-senate-race-2016/

Joe Cunningham

Louisiana State Treasurer and Republican John Neely Kennedy has officially won the race for the only Senate seat still up for grabs this year.

Decision Desk HQ ✔ @DecisionDeskHQ
We've seen enough of the early vote, shocking nobody we are calling #LASen for John Kennedy. Rs finish 2016 with a 52-48 US Senate majority
9:07 PM - 10 Dec 2016

With a sizable early vote lead, Campbell’s only chance was an overwhelming election day turnout, which he did not manage to rake in. Kennedy’s victory gives Republicans a 52-48 majority in the U.S. Senate.

Looking at the Decision Desk map, the only parish Campbell won in the early vote was East Baton Rouge Parish. A deeply red state in this cycle, Campbell for some reason decided to try and tie Kennedy to Donald Trump (who won the state by double digits just a month ago). Kennedy released a commercial saying “Yes, I do support our president elect” and then said very little else, letting Campbell just flounder.

Republicans also kept two other Congressional seats up for grabs on Saturday.

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: BREAKING: Louisiana Gives Republican John Kennedy Last Senate Seat Of 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:02:46 am »
FROM THE NEW ORLEANS TIMES PICAYUNE

John Kennedy defeats Foster Campbell for Louisiana's open U.S. Senate seat

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 03:09:02 am »
 :amen:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 03:22:34 am »
Yeah!

Great news!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:22:57 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 03:24:17 am »
Excellent news!  The Senate expands their majority!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 04:06:21 am »
FROM THE NEW ORLEANS TIMES PICAYUNE

GREAT news!  Both Trump and Pence (separately) made trips to LA for rallies for Kennedy!!   SO glad it helped!  We're now 52-48 in the Senate!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 04:07:29 am »
Republicans also kept two other Congressional seats up for grabs on Saturday.

:thumbsup3:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 08:00:47 am »
Why does this matter?  If I have given up cheer-leading for the GOP, why should I care which RINO or rat gets elected?  Should I even cheer a net loss of 2 GOP Senate seats, 6(?) House seats and couple state legislatures?...just because I thought GOP losses would be much worse with Trump at the top of the ticket?

They are all part of the problem.  Louisiana has just streamlined the uniparty system.  Former rat John Kennedy was a lawyer for Buddy Roemer...and a rat when he ran for US Senate in 2004.  He is a man who is pretty much ideologically identical to Donald Trump in the sense that he has no ideology except a finger in the wind.

There is a joke about 3 US Presidents on a doomed airplane.  One President breaks out the parachutes and says "Women and children first."  The second says "screw the women and children," and President William Jefferson Clinton says "Do we have time?"

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 11:11:48 am »
He is a man who is pretty much ideologically identical to Donald Trump in the sense that he has no ideology except a middle finger in the wind.

Fixed!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline PoloSec

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 04:38:28 pm »
Using liberal logic it should be obvious this election was infiltrated by the Russians; on the other hand Ted Kennedy asked the Soviet Union to help the Democrats win the election against Reagan in "84".
Although they weren't much help back then they did manage to deliver and get a Kennedy elected now in Louisiana; how were they to know a man named Kennedy could be a republican.
Maybe there is a measurable difference between the former Soviet Union and the Russia of today; again that might be a maybe.

Ted Kennedy as a politician was not in anywise a decent man he set the standards for democrats very low, but not so low the Clinton's couldn't walk under it standing up.
Facts, Reason, Logic and Common Sense when consistently applied ultimately leads to the proper conclusion!  It worked for our Founding Fathers.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »
Why does this matter?  If I have given up cheer-leading for the GOP, why should I care which RINO or rat gets elected?  Should I even cheer a net loss of 2 GOP Senate seats, 6(?) House seats and couple state legislatures?...just because I thought GOP losses would be much worse with Trump at the top of the ticket?

They are all part of the problem.  Louisiana has just streamlined the uniparty system.  Former rat John Kennedy was a lawyer for Buddy Roemer...and a rat when he ran for US Senate in 2004.  He is a man who is pretty much ideologically identical to Donald Trump in the sense that he has no ideology except a finger in the wind.

There is a joke about 3 US Presidents on a doomed airplane.  One President breaks out the parachutes and says "Women and children first."  The second says "screw the women and children," and President William Jefferson Clinton says "Do we have time?"

I tend to agree wit you.  The Republican Party is not the party of Reagan anymore.  Collectively, they have swung to the left in, apparently, a mistaken belief that doing so will win voters.  In the process, they have alienated true conservatives.  Those of us who have maintained our conservative values no longer have a party to support. 

BTW, love the joke. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 07:03:55 pm »
I tend to agree wit you.  The Republican Party is not the party of Reagan anymore. 

The Republican Party hasn't been the party of Reagan since January 20, 1989. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »
The Republican Party hasn't been the party of Reagan since January 20, 1989.

It hasn't been the party of Lincoln since that night in the Ford Theater, either, but that didn't stop
Republicans from calling themselves the party of Lincoln for what now seems to have been eons . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.