Author Topic: 'Boy's haircut' gets boy booted from class. Forced to wear hat upon return to school to avoid 'offending' peers  (Read 1235 times)

rangerrebew

'Boy's haircut' gets boy booted from class
Forced to wear hat upon return to school to avoid 'offending' peers
Published: 18 hours ago

Jake Fedele

A boy in Western Australia was sent home from school because he showed up with a “boy’s haircut,” according to Australia’s News.com.

Jake Fedele, a sophomore, went to school at Corpus Christi College in Perth Monday, but his mother says he was sent home because teachers claimed his hair was too short and could “offend” someone.

“This morning he went to school on his last day to get his exam results … he text[ed] me and said, ‘Mom, I’ve been told to go home. I’m not allowed to be at school. My hair is too short,” his mother, Sandra, told radio host Gary Ashead.

Jake decided to get a haircut because he and his family were invited to attend a wedding.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/boys-haircut-gets-boy-booted-from-class/#FFuPvB72rDB26jSP.99

Wingnut

If the student in question was a bulldyke, all would be fine.

rangerrebew

If the student in question was a bulldyke, all would be fine.

Or muzzie.

Offline mirraflake

Looks like a SS haircut. Schools are cracking down on those because they say it glorifies  Nazis. I bet he wore it differently than what the pic shows.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:56:18 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Frank Cannon

But Sandra claimed the teachers told Jake that students are prohibited from having haircuts shorter than a standard No. 2. So Jake’s barber wrote a note to the school that said the boy did, in fact, have a No. 2 cut “but it could look shorter because he has fine hair.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/boys-haircut-gets-boy-booted-from-class/#rVWyb8XAvDdCzvLM.99

Rules is rules. If this is a problem, maybe they should have fought this rule prior to getting the "illegal" haircut.

geronl

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Looks like a SS haircut. Schools are cracking down on those because they say it glorifies  Nazis. I bet he wore it differently than what the pic shows.

Oh please.  Unless he had lightning bolts shaved into it, there's no such thing as an "SS haircut."  He got a standard haircut.  And what's the whole deal about "too short?"  That's crazy.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
But Sandra claimed the teachers told Jake that students are prohibited from having haircuts shorter than a standard No. 2. So Jake’s barber wrote a note to the school that said the boy did, in fact, have a No. 2 cut “but it could look shorter because he has fine hair.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/boys-haircut-gets-boy-booted-from-class/#rVWyb8XAvDdCzvLM.99

Rules is rules. If this is a problem, maybe they should have fought this rule prior to getting the "illegal" haircut.

I hope his mother asked to see where this "rule" is written down.  It sounds like one of those "rules" that suddenly appear out of thin air when some leftist authority figure needs it.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I think these guys say it best  22222frying pan ****slapping

Speechless
(Dumbfounded too)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

What rule was broken? 

And he got his hair cut longer than I get my hair cut.  Putting on and taking off a hard hat several times a day, I get a very short clipper cut all over.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:25:15 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Heh. When I went to school, it was the hats that were prohibited.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

Heh. When I went to school, it was the hats that were prohibited.

LOL. Yup.

Offline livius

What rule was broken? 

And he got his hair cut longer than I get my hair cut.  Putting on and taking off a hard hat several times a day, I get a very short clipper cut all over.

I didn't even think it was a short haircut. There are a lot of white country kids around here in Florida who have about 1/8th of an inch of invisible blond hair on their heads. It is a sort of skinhead look, at first glance, but they are fine and do not have neo-Nazi signs carved into it.

I remember when boys would be told by the school that their hair was too long, they looked like hippies, and they had to go cut it. It was stupid then and it's stupid now in reverse. But how PC changes...

Online roamer_1

I didn't even think it was a short haircut. There are a lot of white country kids around here in Florida who have about 1/8th of an inch of invisible blond hair on their heads. It is a sort of skinhead look, at first glance, but they are fine and do not have neo-Nazi signs carved into it.

That's where I was going - it ain't that far off of a 'high and tight' or 'crew-cut'... What you describe is an 'onion-head', and my own preference. Country kids work outside, and long hair gets hot and holds sweat... I have had short hair every summer I've been alive, because it sucks to have long hair when you work outside... Likewise, long hair is dangerous around machinery... I tend to let my hair and beard grow in the winter, because it keeps you warmer for working outdoors... But if I am going to be in the shop for the winter, that hair is coming off.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:28:58 pm by roamer_1 »