Author Topic: Trump Smashes Political Correctness With Support for Saying ‘Merry Christmas’ Again  (Read 573 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Smashes Political Correctness With Support for Saying ‘Merry Christmas’ Again

December 14, 2016| by Donn Marten

President-elect Donald Trump played the role of the Grinch to liberal fascists and their ongoing assault on free speech and American tradition when he declared that we can all feel free to say Merry Christmas again. In a speech given in the Milwaukee suburb of West Allis while on his victory tour, Trump drew waves of applause with his proclamation that signaled the beginning of the end of the liberal war on Christmas.

According to The Hill “Trump: ‘We are going to say merry Christmas again’”:

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/trump-smashes-political-correctness-with-support-for-saying-merry-christmas-again
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:56:11 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

Nobody ever stopped saying it. Only in the feverish mind of a Trumpangrupen is this even a real issue.

Too bad Trump never did this in his own business properties, I wonder how his middle east deals would have worked out

HonestJohn

More Downtrend.

Consider the source (who are so bad that Snopes debunked two of their articles as false in this year alone).

Don't automatically assume truthfulness from the site without confirming it somewhere else.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:42:19 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Trump was all up in arms about the Starbucks cups last year. May not be true, but I wouldn't be surprised.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
More Downtrend.

Consider the source (who are so bad that Snopes debunked two of their articles as false in this year alone).

Don't automatically assume truthfulness from the site without confirming it somewhere else.

Kind of a nothing story anyway.

I went to ACE Hardware, CVS Pharmacy, and Shopco at a strip mall in Brooklyn MI. today. The cashiers of all 3 stores wished me a Merry Christmas when I left.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
How about if everyone says what they want, private businesses do what they want, and we accept any holiday greeting in the positive spirit of the season it was given instead of getting all uppity about it and trying to control everyone. Doubly so, the government should just butt out.

Offline musiclady

Kind of a nothing story anyway.

I went to ACE Hardware, CVS Pharmacy, and Shopco at a strip mall in Brooklyn MI. today. The cashiers of all 3 stores wished me a Merry Christmas when I left.

I'm with you.  Nobody around here ever stopped saying it.  It's a dopey story.

And the idea that the President of the United States can make people say Merry Christmas borders on insanity.

And yet, it was lapped up by non-Constitutional folks who want their own Obama.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

And the idea that the President of the United States can make people say Merry Christmas borders on insanity.

Its one thing to have a legal prohibition against saying it and I think our schools should recognize our Christian heritage as a nation but its really not a major issue in most of flyover country.

Offline musiclady

Its one thing to have a legal prohibition against saying it and I think our schools should recognize our Christian heritage as a nation but its really not a major issue in most of flyover country.

You can tell by the headline that the article is written by a groupie.  Even the headline reads like fake news.

Agree about our schools, but the idea that Trump is going to dictate to schools that they have to say "Merry Christmas" is pure Trump propaganda.......... and impossible to boot.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

That's what's so dangerous about propaganda.  It short-circuits the brain and goes straight for the emotions.  And that's all that Downtrend pushes.

geronl

Someone should call Trump International Hotel in Dubai and see if they answer with "Merry Christmas"... lol

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Cripplecreek

That's what's so dangerous about propaganda.  It short-circuits the brain and goes straight for the emotions.  And that's all that Downtrend pushes.

Yeah I see the Trump crowd pushing a falsehood that 37% of votes in Detroit were fraudulent. In reality, 37% of the small fraction of the machines that were audited showed small numbers of over AND under counts. We're talking about numbers that amounted to less than 1% in a county that went overwhelmingly for Clinton.

No doubt there is fraud in Detroit but it isn't going to be caught by a simple audit.