Author Topic: Breaking: Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for secretary of State  (Read 3286 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breaking: Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for secretary of State
« on: December 10, 2016, 02:53:45 pm »

ExxonMobil CEO Tillerson emerging as frontrunner for secretary of state

By Henry C. Jackson, Josh Dawsey and Eliana Johnson

12/09/16 08:48 PM EST

ExxonMobil president and CEO Rex Tillerson is the leading contender to be America's next secretary of state, according to two Trump transition aides.

Tillerson, an oil executive with extensive experience in international negotiations, has risen the top of Trump's short list for Foggy Bottom in recent days. Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani withdrew from the process late Friday afternoon, saying he planned to return to the private sector.

more
http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/rex-tillerson-exxonmobil-secretary-state-232455
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: ExxonMobil CEO Tillerson emerging as frontrunner for secretary of state
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 03:07:26 pm »
And people thought Bush waged war for oil... good grief!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:41 pm »
ExxonMobil CEO Tillerson emerging as frontrunner for secretary of state.
@mystery-ak
@Quix

My Bob, who retired as an earth scientist/geologist with ExxonMobil, knows Tillerson.  He says Tillerson is a good man and Bob never heard a bad word about him.  Tillerson put together the ExxonMobil merger.  Bob was with Mobil when that happened.  He says under Tillerson, ExxonMobil brought in 200 billion dollars in revenue.

Now, my opinion, is, no matter how fine a man Tillerson is, he is a poor choice because he has no experience in government.  He knows oil in foreign countries.  Well, Bob knows more about oil in foreign countries than Tillerson does as he spent his whole life in the oil business, finding it all around the world.  Likely the gasoline in your car comes from oil found by Bob.  We have a prayer rug given to Bob by the President of  Kazakhstan but that doesn't qualify Bob to be Secretary of State.

(The prayer rug from President of Kazakhstan:  I make sure that rug doesn't face Mecca and I walk over it every time I am where it is in the house.)   :0006:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:34:18 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 03:49:04 pm »
Ties with Vladimir Putin[edit]

In 2011, on behalf of ExxonMobil, Tillerson signed an agreement with Russia for drilling in the Arctic that could be valued up to $300 billion.[12] The agreement has not able to be carried out due to sanctions enacted against Russia.

In 2013, Tillerson was awarded the Order of Friendship by Vladimir Putin.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Tillerson#Ties_with_Vladimir_Putin

Trump will definitely lift sanctions, don't ya think?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:53:02 pm »
So far he seems to be the most solid on the S of S list. He also looks like a no nonsense guy........unlike the circus act we have now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 03:57:35 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Quix

My Bob, who retired as an earth scientist/geologist with ExxonMobil, knows Tillerson.  He says Tillerson is a good man and Bob never heard a bad word about him.  Tillerson put together the ExxonMobil merger.  Bob was with Mobil when that happened.  He says under Tillerson, ExxonMobil brought in 200 billion dollars in revenue.

Now, my opinion, is, no matter how fine a man Tillerson is, he is a poor choice because he has no experience in government.  He knows oil in foreign countries.  Well, Bob knows more about oil in foreign countries than Tillerson does as he spent his whole life in the oil business, finding it all around the world.  Likely the gasoline in your car comes from oil found by Bob.  We have a prayer rug given to Bob by the President of  Kazakhstan but that doesn't qualify Bob to be Secretary of State.

(The prayer rug from President of Kazakhstan:  I make sure that rug doesn't face Mecca and I walk over it every time I am where it is in the house.)   :0006:

Well, thanks Bob!  And I'm okay with putting businessmen in a lot of positions in government.  It's a better idea than putting career politicians in.  However, that being said, I don't see how this particular businessman is qualified to be Secretary of State.

But, at the risk of sounding like I'm back at TOS, this doesn't make me crazy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »
I don't know how true this report is, but Tillerson is a real-life, tough negotiator with experience doing so in 50 countries.  Isn't that the essence of the job?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 04:39:33 pm »
Ties with Vladimir Putin[edit]

In 2011, on behalf of ExxonMobil, Tillerson signed an agreement with Russia for drilling in the Arctic that could be valued up to $300 billion.[12] The agreement has not able to be carried out due to sanctions enacted against Russia.

In 2013, Tillerson was awarded the Order of Friendship by Vladimir Putin.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Tillerson#Ties_with_Vladimir_Putin

Trump will definitely lift sanctions, don't ya think?

With a strong endorsement from the new SecState I'm sure.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 04:41:16 pm »
I don't know how true this report is, but Tillerson is a real-life, tough negotiator with experience doing so in 50 countries.  Isn't that the essence of the job?

Negotiating oil contracts doesn't equate to negotiating foreign policy on behalf of the POTUS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »
I knew Rex Tillerson as a young man (He is a graduate of Huntsville High School and the University of Texas) and worked around him some in Saudia Arabia when he was a young engineer.  Haven't seen or spoken with him since probably 1980 or so but my recollections of him are very favorable! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 05:09:39 pm »
Negotiating oil contracts doesn't equate to negotiating foreign policy on behalf of the POTUS.

He may actually be a good choice.  By all reports, he is a smart man and good executive.  Surely a quick learner.  It's easier to learn than to un-learn.  He may be better off starting from zero on foreign policy than with a lot of preconceived notions.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 05:12:57 pm »

Nonsense. Global negotiating skills and experience are essential to the job and like him or not, Tillerson has both.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 05:14:17 pm »
Nonsense. Global negotiating skills and experience are essential to the job and like him or not, Tillerson has both.

Why does it make me very uncomfortable to agree with you??

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »
Well, thanks Bob!  And I'm okay with putting businessmen in a lot of positions in government.  It's a better idea than putting career politicians in.  However, that being said, I don't see how this particular businessman is qualified to be Secretary of State.

But, at the risk of sounding like I'm back at TOS, this doesn't make me crazy.

Interesting.

I'd almost say that a lobotomized monkey would be better as SECSTATE than a career politician. But that would just be hyperbole . . . mostly.

Gads I deplore career politicos.

If he's a good man--that's a huge priority. The rest will sort out OK if he's not ordered to do ugly hellish globalist things from above--which he likely will be. Sigh.

Thanks for the ping.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 06:21:01 pm »
A combination of Tillerson and Bolton would be fine with me. Can't have both though, so I'd pick the one who despises the UN and who is most likely to clean out Foggy Bottom, John Bolton.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 08:04:34 pm »
According to Drudge.....NBC says Tillerson will be named Secretary of State.

Interesting........

Offline thackney

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 08:05:13 pm »
Why does it make me very uncomfortable to agree with you??

I had similar thoughts.  I agree with RIV's points here.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:08:07 pm »

And you know this how exactly?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Breaking: Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for secretary of State
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 08:49:09 pm »
President-elect Donald Trump has selected Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his nominee for secretary of State, NBC News reported Saturday.....

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309813-trump-picks-exxon-ceo-tillerson-for-secretary-of-state-report

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Breaking: Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for secretary of State
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 09:00:05 pm »
If true this is more good news from the Trump administration.  I can think of no agency in government more in need of an injection of fresh blood than the state department.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »
Anyone else here find themselves wishing trump would replace himself with one of his cabinet? They all give me more confidence than the orange menace himself.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 09:11:04 pm »
If he's a good man--that's a huge priority. The rest will sort out OK if he's not ordered to do ugly hellish globalist things from above--which he likely will be. Sigh.

I've has dealings with him in Boy Scouts of America, he has been most generous and is a very decent person.

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2016, 09:13:11 pm »
   Finally a Texan in Trump's cabinet, but his ties to Putin scare me, I don't ever trust a KGB Officer.   
   Grew up in the 60's with 'Duck and Cover' and Civil Defense'.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 09:29:18 pm »
   Finally a Texan in Trump's cabinet, but his ties to Putin scare me, I don't ever trust a KGB Officer.   
   Grew up in the 60's with 'Duck and Cover' and Civil Defense'.

So he has ties to Putin?? Not good..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”