Author Topic: Priebus floats shake-up for White House press corps  (Read 1534 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Priebus floats shake-up for White House press corps
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:54:45 pm »
Priebus floats shake-up for White House press corps
By Jordan Fabian - 12/14/16 12:24 PM EST

Incoming White House chief of staff Reince Priebus on Wednesday floated a shake-up of how the West Wing will handle the White House press corps under Donald Trump.

Priebus raised the possibility of changing the format of the daily press briefing and rearranging the seating chart inside the James Brady Press Briefing Room.

“The traditions, while some of them are great, I think it’s time to revisit a lot of these things that have been done in the White House,” Priebus said during an interview with conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/310373-priebus-floats-shakeup-for-white-house-press-corps
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConservativeGranny

Re: Priebus floats shake-up for White House press corps
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:29:43 am »
I can tell you how this is going to work. You play nicely with Trump you'll get a good seat and called on often. You don't you won't. Same ole same ole.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:38:07 am »

I can tell you how this is going to work. You play nicely with Trump you'll get a good seat and called on often. You don't you won't. Same ole same ole.

It has always been this way. If you ask the 'wrong' question, there goes your seat.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 02:53:10 am »
This is a very bad idea.  The WH press corps is already upset and has almost been at the point of rebellion a couple times with the current administration and the lack of access to events and being locked out of others.

If Priebus continues down the road the Obama WH started...it won't end well for Donny.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 03:45:47 am »
Rancid is just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 11:28:03 pm »

It has always been this way. If you ask the 'wrong' question, there goes your seat.

If that is the case then this is hardly a "shakeup" and it's going to be the status quo. I have a feeling many things are going to be this way.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 11:31:43 pm »

Sycophacracy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »
If that is the case then this is hardly a "shakeup" and it's going to be the status quo. I have a feeling many things are going to be this way.

Well Preibus is a standard issue establishment guy.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 11:38:58 pm »
Well Preibus is a standard issue establishment guy.

Very nicely put.   The guy is so far up the establishments ass they will have to say brown is the new orange.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 12:19:26 am »
   Preibus is:

Drain the swamp, my a$$
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 03:57:46 am »

Which is an untrue statement in it's totality.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:38 am »
Which is an untrue statement in it's totality.

Helen Thomas is a good example of why it was false....until Obama and now apparently Trump.

She could be brutal with a president yet she remained right there in the front row week after week.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »
Helen Thomas is a good example of why it was false....until Obama and now apparently Trump.

She could be brutal with a president yet she remained right there in the front row week after week.

Interesting little factoid...the WH briefing room seats are allocated for beat writers daily columnists etc...WH correspondents for the various TV networks.  By the second term of Billy Jeff she was none of the above...so they changed the rules to allow her to have the first seat in the first row.  The press corps take care of their own and rules be dammed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:33 pm »
Interesting little factoid...the WH briefing room seats are allocated for beat writers daily columnists etc...WH correspondents for the various TV networks.  By the second term of Billy Jeff she was none of the above...so they changed the rules to allow her to have the first seat in the first row.  The press corps take care of their own and rules be dammed.

I don't have a problem with the press corps making an honorary position for Helen Thomas despite my dislike of the woman. After all she had been there since the Lincoln administration. If you recall, she was shoved out of the front row for going after the Obama white house on their treatment of the press.

I met former FOX white house corespondent Wendel Goler a few years ago when he was home for Thanksgiving. He started the job in the Clinton administration and retired in 2014. He said that the Bush white house was very open with the press despite the adversarial nature of the relationship.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
I don't have a problem with the press corps making an honorary position for Helen Thomas despite my dislike of the woman. After all she had been there since the Lincoln administration. If you recall, she was shoved out of the front row for going after the Obama white house on their treatment of the press.

I didn't at first...but I remember that now.

I met former FOX white house corespondent Wendel Goler a few years ago when he was home for Thanksgiving. He started the job in the Clinton administration and retired in 2014. He said that the Bush white house was very open with the press despite the adversarial nature of the relationship.

Dana Perrino used to give the PA Sr. NCO Classes tours of the WH briefing room and let them get a taste of the day to day operations.  That abruptly ended when Obama took office.