Author Topic: Trump Makes America Goldman’s Again! #MAGA  (Read 4288 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump Makes America Goldman’s Again! #MAGA
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »
@musiclady

No, no....the problem isn't the blasphemy itself.  It's the people who point it out, lol.

I remember that moron Larry Schweikart asserting to me that Trump was morally superior to Moses and Elijah.

LS is one of the big disappointments of this campaign.  It appears that Trump sucked his brain out.

Sad example of exactly what we've been talking about.  It's literal worship, and it's disturbing.

@CatherineofAragon
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2016, 07:35:29 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Thank you.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts.

@FreeReign

Thank you.  Same here.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2016, 07:37:47 pm »
Trump was quoted as saying "Goldman Sachs robbed the working class", yet 3 of their alumni have prominent positions in his administration. Is that not a flip flop?

He also made essentially similar statements about China.  Yet, we will still be working with that country.  What will change is how we will be working with China.  We will no longer be the stupid country.

The same goes for individuals from Goldman Sachs.  They do not enter the playing field as an owner of the Trump team as they have with past administrations and would have in a Clinton administration.  These folks enter the field - - - in bright sunlight, not the shadows - - - as employees of the Trump administration charged with using their expertise to reach the goals set by Trump.  For example, Gary Cohn will be charged with helping to fulfill Trump's campaign promises to reduce regulations on business, lower corporate taxes and rethink current trade policy.
Over and over again in his campaign speeches (which I assume you didn't listen to) Trump clearly stated that he would not be owned by anyone when he entered the WH AND he would pick the best, brightest and most experienced in their fields to help implement his policies.

So, I have no problems with choosing someone from Goldman Sachs with the experience Trump is looking for.  I am confident they will know who is the boss and work for him --- and not the other way around.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2016, 07:42:13 pm »
He also made essentially similar statements about China.  Yet, we will still be working with that country.  What will change is how we will be working with China.  We will no longer be the stupid country.

The same goes for individuals from Goldman Sachs.  They do not enter the playing field as an owner of the Trump team as they have with past administrations and would have in a Clinton administration.  These folks enter the field - - - in bright sunlight, not the shadows - - - as employees of the Trump administration charged with using their expertise to reach the goals set by Trump.  For example, Gary Cohn will be charged with helping to fulfill Trump's campaign promises to reduce regulations on business, lower corporate taxes and rethink current trade policy.
Over and over again in his campaign speeches (which I assume you didn't listen to) Trump clearly stated that he would not be owned by anyone when he entered the WH AND he would pick the best, brightest and most experienced in their fields to help implement his policies.

So, I have no problems with choosing someone from Goldman Sachs with the experience Trump is looking for.  I am confident they will know who is the boss and work for him --- and not the other way around.

Well said, though I think you're too wrapped up in Trump's cult of personality.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2016, 07:52:21 pm »
Or prosecuting Hillary, or building the wall, or repealing Obamacare, or.....

@RAT Patrol
@musiclady

Alexandra JaffeVerified account
‏@ajjaffe

Whoa—chant of "lock her up!" from the crowd, Trump replies: "That plays great before the election – now we don’t care"

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  18h18 hours ago
Steve Deace Retweeted Alexandra Jaffe

Suckers!

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2016, 08:25:38 pm »

@RAT Patrol
@musiclady

Alexandra JaffeVerified account
‏@ajjaffe

Whoa—chant of "lock her up!" from the crowd, Trump replies: "That plays great before the election – now we don’t care"

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  18h18 hours ago
Steve Deace Retweeted Alexandra Jaffe

Suckers!

Trump changed his tune on Hillary right after the election, when he gave that 60 Minutes interview. And it wasn't the only thing he backtracked on in that interview.

SMH

Silver Pines

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2016, 08:58:53 pm »
Steve Deace is great.  I read his twitter, Daniel Horowitz's and Amanda Carpenter's all the time.  They help remind me that there are still some good guys out there.

@RAT Patrol

Thanks for reminding me about Amanda Carpenter.  She's very good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2016, 08:59:48 pm »
Trump changed his tune on Hillary right after the election, when he gave that 60 Minutes interview. And it wasn't the only thing he backtracked on in that interview.

SMH

@FreeReign

Yep, he was back and forth on just about every issue before the election.