Author Topic: Trump Calls for Stimulus to ‘Prime the Pump’  (Read 4202 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Trump Calls for Stimulus to ‘Prime the Pump’
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 03:50:37 am »
No.

And Congress needs to say no to this and his tariffs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 04:36:36 am »
Trump's views are closer to pure Fascist Economics espoused by Mussolini.

Obama has an interesting blend of Hitler, Marx, Mao, and, also, Mussolini.

Been saying that SINCE LAST YEAR.

Yet we are still admonished NOT to make those comparisons by the staff here, because the Trump Faithful are fragile snowflakes needing a safe space from accurate comparisons to methods and ideas rooted in what Il Duce established in Italy in the 1920s.

They cannot handle the truth, so they have to be shielded from anyone noting the similarities.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 05:16:18 am »
@Right_in_Virginia what is factually inaccurate with the story?

It doesn't comport with her view of Dear Leader. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 05:45:25 am »
The Resurgent quoting Time Magazine.  This is the best of #fakenews   :laugh:

Aren't you feeling foolish pushing this liberal POS?   No worse feeling than being duped huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:50 am »
Get ready for Solyndra 2

Indeed.  Funny how Obama's stimulus was wrong, but Trump's stimulus is right.

geronl

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 06:09:06 am »
Trump is an Obamacrat

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 06:22:49 am »
And Congress needs to say no to this and his tariffs

Exactly. Let's see what happens when this is pushed through a congress full of people looking to be reelected in two years by a guy who never held political office.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:39 am »
Republicans Should Say ‘No’ to Trump’s Infrastructure Boondoggle

I posted that thread last week. The article I used didn't come from a source renowned as
a cesspool of liberalism.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 07:38:58 am »
Indeed.  Funny how Obama's stimulus was wrong, but Trump's stimulus is right.

"Keynesianism for me but not for thee . . ."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 10:28:03 am »
Been saying that SINCE LAST YEAR.

Yet we are still admonished NOT to make those comparisons by the staff here, because the Trump Faithful are fragile snowflakes needing a safe space from accurate comparisons to methods and ideas rooted in what Il Duce established in Italy in the 1920s.

They cannot handle the truth, so they have to be shielded from anyone noting the similarities.

It just happens to be true whether we're allowed to say it or not.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 12:00:07 pm »
The Resurgent quoting Time Magazine.  This is the best of #fakenews   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

They (the Trump haters) are very lucky that the mods here do not allow me to engage them in an honest debate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2016, 12:46:40 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

They (the Trump haters) are very lucky that the mods here do not allow me to engage them in an honest debate.

Why would they prevent you from engaging in something you've continually proven you're incapable of doing?

The only one preventing you from engaging in honest debate is you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »
Trump's views are closer to pure Fascist Economics espoused by Mussolini.

Obama has an interesting blend of Hitler, Marx, Mao, and, also, Mussolini.

@Suppressed

Actually nazi economics would be an interesting discussion all by itself. Punishment vs reward for obedience.

Offline verga

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 01:09:03 pm »
Two thoughts come to mind:
1) Trump says a lot of stuff, just to say stuff.
2) He might mean it, but in 15 minutes he will say and mean the opposite.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Wingnut

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2016, 01:30:48 pm »

He does have chronic diarrhea of the mouth.....

Online LMAO

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

What's the debate?
Is it that Trump does supports an Obama type stimulus? Or he opposes it and the news media is just trying to divide Trump supporters with "Fake News?"

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »

@verga

EXACTLY right!

There is no one on earth - including Trump himself - who knows where Trump stands on any given issue at a particular point in time!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:03:56 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2016, 02:11:29 pm »
What's the debate?
Is it that Trump does supports an Obama type stimulus? Or he opposes it and the news media is just trying to divide Trump supporters with "Fake News?"

I think that what jpsb considers "honest" debating is calling anyone who criticizes Trump or his policies of being traitors...Hillary supporters...Liberals...andpeople who need to have violent revenge brought upon them right before they are tossed in jail.

Since he and the other Trump supporters aren't allowed to make false accusations like that against other TBR members and threats of physical violence are also verboten...he feels he's not allowed to engage in "honest" debate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2016, 02:45:45 pm »

I think that what jpsb considers "honest" debating is calling anyone who criticizes Trump or his policies of being traitors...Hillary supporters...Liberals...andpeople who need to have violent revenge brought upon them right before they are tossed in jail.

LOL!  Funny as that is, I don't fit into any of those veins.

At this point in time, with the recount BS over, I'm for honest debate.

Prove to me [us], @txradioguy , that you are truly for honest debate....or just another attack addict here?

1)  What exactly, do you have against spending $1 Trillion on infrastructure, if part of that demands that, with no exception....ALL employees and contractors (and THEIR employees and independent contractors/suppliers) are US citizens with verified SS numbers.

Do we agree that we would see benefits with maybe a million people taken off the dole or at the very least, chipped into those 95 Million who left the workforce?

I would hope that Donald Trump breaks the unions, and gets the workers to trust in him that they don't need unions to get forward in 'HIS' America.   Anybody will an once of initiative can build something beautiful in the next decade.

Cue "Tomorrow"..........

2) It would also show a striking contrast in Barack Obama, knee-slapping in laughter at his 'surprise' that no shovel-ready jobs had been forthcoming.  He used it to fund those unions and their respective pension funds...and to fund Sanctuary cities and States.   Blue States.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2016, 03:03:30 pm »
@DCPatriot

1)  What exactly, do you have against spending $1 Trillion on infrastructure, if part of that demands that, with no exception....ALL employees and contractors (and THEIR employees and independent contractors/suppliers) are US citizens with verified SS numbers.

How do you pay for it?  In case you missed it we are broke! FAR better to get our house in order with true tax and regulatory reform which would grow the economy greatly without having to resort to government public works projects!

Do we agree that we would see benefits with maybe a million people taken off the dole or at the very least, chipped into those 95 Million who left the workforce?

Yes! Unfortunately, we don't agree on how to do it!

I would hope that Donald Trump breaks the unions, and gets the workers to trust in him that they don't need unions to get forward in 'HIS' America.

That would be GREAT! Most especially public sector unions!  Hope he get's that done but I seriously doubt that he will.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:12:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2016, 03:16:06 pm »
LOL!  Funny as that is, I don't fit into any of those veins.

@DCPatriot never said you did.  :beer:

At this point in time, with the recount BS over, I'm for honest debate.

Prove to me [us], @txradioguy , that you are truly for honest debate....or just another attack addict here?

I've been doing that...you just haven't been paying attention.  It's hard to debate honestly with people when (not you) their only response to anything you put forward is to call you a Hillary Supporter or a traitor.  :shrug:

How about the fact that the $1 trillion for infrastructure spending just 8 short years ago that is now a permanent part of the FY budget?  How is it that just 8 years after the last so called infrastructure project...it needs to be done again?  I have no problem with the other parts you mention.  What disturbs me...and what should disturb you and others is the fact he's copying Obama on this kind of boondogle.  That's NOT the way to get spending under control and bring the debt down. 

What Trump...and Obama before him are proposing with this is a 21st Century version of Roosevelt's WPA.

IMHO a good chunk of those 95 million who left the jobs universe won't be back. That's a fact we have to accept.  They've gotten their free ride on the welfare/disability train and they won't hop off.  Government doesn't and shouldn't create jobs or wealth for anyone.  Let business handle that.  Lessen corporate tax burden, bring the taxes on individuals back down to the levels of the Reagan era..permanently....none of this sunset in two years crap...lower capital gains taxes and eliminate the death tax and the economy...as well as employment will rebound.  Reduce the unemployment benefits back down to something around 180 days not this 99 weeks crap. 

In short...let the free market do what it does best and get cronyism...like the Carrier "deal" and threats of tariffs etc out of it.

I would hope that Donald Trump breaks the unions, and gets the workers to trust in him that they don't need unions to get forward in 'HIS' America.   Anybody will an once of initiative can build something beautiful in the next decade.

He won't break the unions.  He needs them for his businesses while his kids notionally run them and he'll need them when he overtly returns to running his business.

Yes the unions and their outrageous demands are driving up prices on things like cars and other goods...but in all honesty unless its air traffic controllers or TSA employees...it's not his job or his purview to tell and/or force any union to do anything.  Now there are subtle ways he could do things to get people's attitude to change about unions...he'll have the bully pulpit.  He could point out things like the fact that one of the reasons it costs so much for a car these days is outrageous union contracts...the first $5-6K of the price on a new car goes to pay union contract bennies.  He could tell America that it's the unions NOT the McDonalds employee driving the demand for a $15 an hour minimum wage because if MW goes up...the union workers hourly wage goes up by a percentage as well.

He could work through the NLRB...with people he picks to fill board positions to blunt labor demands.

But he in no way could...or should..."break" any union.  That's what leads to accusations of Trump wanting to be a dictator.

Cue "Tomorrow"..........

2) It would also show a striking contrast in Barack Obama, knee-slapping in laughter at his 'surprise' that no shovel-ready jobs had been forthcoming.  He used it to fund those unions and their respective pension funds...and to fund Sanctuary cities and States.   Blue States.

He was laughing because he knew he'd pulled one over on the people.  He knew going in that there were no "shovel ready" jobs that would be created with his slush fund.  And that's really what it was.  And there is nothing to indicate that Trump won't use that kind of money for the same purposes you say BHO used his "stimulus" funds for.

If Trump wants to make Sanctuary cities feel some pain...withhold federal funds to those cities.  Let the Border Patrol do it's job again and have his DoJ investigate any cites that tries to prevent the police from doing their jobs and arresting illegals.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:17:38 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »
It doesn't comport with her view of Dear Leader.

So, let me see here ... Either Trump is not the man we thought he was   OR...

Trump is the man we thought he was.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2016, 05:33:56 pm »
I will assure Mr. Trump that passing REAL tax and regulatory reform measures will be more than sufficientvall by themselves.  No additional stimulus needed or warranted.

@Bigun

BINGO!

The broad six point plan I laid out in another thread doesn't need any stimulus. *Although* libtards would call a tax break on repatriation of funds "spending." You know how they are!

1. Radically reduce or completely eliminate corporate taxes.
2. Actually repeal Obamacare - DON'T amend it to "make it better." Allow for policies to be offered across state lines, and affinity groups to create insurance pools.
3. Tort reform.
4. Significant regulatory relief for almost all industries.
5. Reduce federal assistance programs to encourage labor force participation to rise.
6. Reduce personal income taxes.
7. Allow for repatriation of corporate foreign funds without penalty.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2016, 05:38:42 pm »
Depends on who "we" is.  Trump is the man the NeverTrumper's thought he was.  But Trump worshipers laid out a harsh and hard standard of full embrace and acceptance of all things Trump.  He is either not the man THEY thought he was or they are being hypocrites if they criticize him now.

No one could be the man they thought Trump was ... least of all Trump.

This stimulus thing is scary... all we can hope for is that there is enough push back from Congress to defeat it.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2016, 06:23:38 pm »
Well I'm sure the Trumpoids could certainly explain this, if they chose, but they're just enjoying the angst and splodey heads over Trump's super triple double secret inside back angle 16th dimensional chess stealth strategy move way too much. /s

This fretting over porkulus spending proposals by Trump is just all just Nevertrumper splodey heads. Splodey heads I tell you!

Diz-missed!
The Republic is lost.