General Category > Shooting Sports

GOP Lawmaker Betting on Trump to Push New Concealed Carry Law

(1/3) > >>

txradioguy:
The new session of Congress doesn’t begin for a few weeks, but one Republican policymaker has already drawn up a bill that would allow people to carry a concealed handgun from one state to another.

The lawmaker behind the bill, Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC), joined the FOX Business Network’s Stuart Varney to discuss how the proposed National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill would work.

“It would work just like a driver’s license,” he said. “If a state has concealed carry, then what it says is you recognize the concealed carry right and you have to follow their laws.”

Even though the bill couldn’t be imposed in states that don’t enforce the concealed carry law, in Rep. Hudson’s opinion, the bill has a very good chance of getting passed.

“In the last Congress that’s about to end, in 48 hours, we had over 200 co-sponsors… so I think passing the House is not going to be a problem and now more importantly… we’ve got a President who supports this freedom,” he said.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2016/12/07/gop-lawmaker-betting-on-trump-to-push-new-concealed-carry-law.html

txradioguy:
I know mine is probably not the popular opinion on this...but IMHO I think it should still be up to the individual states to set their policy on concealed carry...so long as it doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment or subvert it in any way.

geronl:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on December 07, 2016, 08:41:33 pm ---I know mine is probably not the popular opinion on this...but IMHO I think it should still be up to the individual states to set their policy on concealed carry...so long as it doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment or subvert it in any way.

--- End quote ---

I agree

thackney:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on December 07, 2016, 08:41:33 pm ---I know mine is probably not the popular opinion on this...but IMHO I think it should still be up to the individual states to set their policy on concealed carry...so long as it doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment or subvert it in any way.
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  I don't want the federal government to force one state to follow another state's laws.

If he writes a Bill that defines "shall not be infringed" and requiring any permit for "the people to keep and bare arms" illegal, I would support that.  Follow the actual Constitution?  Imagine that.

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer:

--- Quote from: thackney on December 07, 2016, 09:01:50 pm ---Exactly.  I don't want the federal government to force one state to follow another state's laws.

If he writes a Bill that defines "shall not be infringed" and requiring any permit for "the people to keep and bare arms" illegal, I would support that.  Follow the actual Constitution?  Imagine that.

--- End quote ---

Article IV, Section 1:

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version