Author Topic: Obama Reminds Troops They Have the Right to 'Protest Against Authority' and 'Criticize Our President'  (Read 867 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Reminds Troops They Have the Right to 'Protest Against Authority' and 'Criticize Our President'
By Susan Jones | December 7, 2016 | 6:29 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - In a speech at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida on Tuesday, President Obama focused on his eight-year effort to protect the homeland, fight terrorism, and strengthen U.S. allies. He said he wanted to "talk about the foundation that we will leave for the next administration."

On the way to Florida, Obama's spokesman Josh Earnest said told reporters, "This is a speech that President Obama was prepared to give before the election." But at times, it didn't sound like it.

At one point, Obama reminded the troops "that each of us has...the universal right to speak your minds and to protest against authority; to live in a society that's open and free; that can criticize our president without retribution."

more
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-reminds-troops-they-have-right-protest-against-authority-and
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

What a piece of shit. 

Offline libertybele

..hmm... I must have missed something.  Did the Solder's Oath change?

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/03/soldiers-oath.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

Offline cato potatoe

Obama sees himself as a statesman.  He employs the intellectual stammer as if he's the smartest guy in the faculty lounge.  Truth be told, he's an untactful celebrity like Trump, and he set the precedent for this campaign.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mr. President...the UCMJ and the people prosecuted under its statutes for criticizing you would beg to differ.

Article 88 Comtempt Toward Officials

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”
Elements

(1) That the accused was a commissioned officer of the United States armed forces;

(2) That the accused used certain words against an official or legislature named in the article;

(3) That by an act of the accused these words came to the knowledge of a person other than the accused; and

(4) That the words used were contemptuous, either in themselves or by virtue of the circumstances under which they were used. Note: If the words were against a Governor or legislature, add the following element

(5) That the accused was then present in the State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession of the Governor or legislature concerned.

There's also Article 80 and 89.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:42:19 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

Thanks tx. I left active duty over 30 years ago, and I still remember all the times we were reminded that you don't speak ill of our civilian leadership while in uniform. The military must remain free of partisan politics.

Now that I'm out, I'll say what I want, at least when I'm not at work. The workplace also needs to be politics free.

I avoided violating the UCMJ during the 1980 election, when I was explaining to my German neighbors why Reagan would be a better President than Carter. I spoke FOR Reagan, rather than against Carter, during our many discussions at the neighborhood gasthaus. They all believed that Reagan would start WWIII, all the way up to Inauguration Day when Iran released the hostages.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:20:25 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.