Author Topic: GOP reps to Obama: No pardon for Bergdahl  (Read 483 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP reps to Obama: No pardon for Bergdahl
« on: December 06, 2016, 04:46:42 pm »
GOP reps to Obama: No pardon for Bergdahl
By Rebecca Kheel - 12/06/16 11:33 AM EST

Republican congressmen are urging President Obama to reject Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's request for a pardon.

“Desertion and misbehavior before the enemy are extremely serious charges,” Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.) wrote in a letter to the president Tuesday.

“A pre-emptive pardon for Bowe Bergdahl would seriously undermine the military-court martial process and send the wrong message to hundreds of thousands of men and women in uniform who have served honorably in combat.”

Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-Fla.) similarly released a statement Tuesday opposing a pardon.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/308974-gop-reps-urge-obama-not-to-pardon-bergdahl
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: GOP reps to Obama: No pardon for Bergdahl
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:51:54 pm »
My sense is this will have the opposite effect on the narcissistic egotist currently in the Oval Office. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »
I have no doubt that he will not only pardon Bergdahl but Walker-Lindh as well. And both will get lost in the news of the day that Clinton and her State Department Staff all received pardons for the email server Kerfuffle.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:08:35 pm »
My sense is this will have the opposite effect on the narcissistic egotist currently in the Oval Office.
If history is any guide, it will only strengthen his middle finger instinct.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:15:29 pm »

Yes, that was my thought too.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 03:11:10 am »
   IF Bergdahl was Black there would be no doubt in my mind obummer would pardon him, BUT, that Honky has served his purpose, 5 high value asshats were released from Guantanamo, not allot of love for this white traitor.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.