Author Topic: Angela Merkel calls for a BURKA BAN: German leader says 'the full veil is not appropriate here' in astonishing U-turn - Daily Mail  (Read 732 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Angela Merkel calls for a BURKA BAN: German leader says 'the full veil is not appropriate here' in astonishing U-turn

German chancellor made the remarks at her conservative CDU party conference
    She told the audience 'the full veil is not appropriate here and should be banned'
    The 62-year-old recently announced she is seeking a fourth term as chancellor

By Allan Hall In Berlin and Julian Robinson for MailOnline

Published: 07:01 EST, 6 December 2016 | Updated: 10:16 EST, 6 December 2016

Angela Merkel has called for a burka ban after saying the 'full veil is not appropriate' in Germany.

In an astonishing U-turn, the German chancellor told her conservative CDU party conference that wearing the burka should be outlawed 'wherever that is legally possible'.

It comes after the 62-year-old stressed her determination to ensure there is no repeat of last year's huge migrant influx as she seeks a fourth term as chancellor.

Merkel said she would back a nationwide ban just months after revealing that she believed the burka was a barrier to Muslim women becoming integrated into German society.

She told Redaktionsnetzwerk Deutschland in August: 'From my point of view, a completely covered woman has almost no chance of integrating herself in Germany.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4005180/Angela-Merkel-calls-BURKA-BAN-German-leader-says-veil-not-appropriate-astonishing-U-turn.html#ixzz4S4fS1u6R

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
hah hah posted the same thing (under a different title) a few minutes before you did!  :beer:

Although I'd be willing to allow burkas if the muzz would allow visiting Christians to wear ninja outfits and balaclavas.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

geronl

I guess she knows her career is over. She has already pushed her country over the edge of the abyss.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Yep. It's unlikely that the timing is coincidence. She announces her reelection campaign, an EU diplomat's daughter is brutally raped/murdered by a muzz "refugee" and suddenly she has a change of heart. Right. Coincidence.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:28:58 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
She's graspin' for straws.

This reminds me of democrats from liberal areas claiming to support the rights of gun owners -- until the election's over.