Author Topic: Of All Things to Consider, Consider Repealing Public Broadcasting  (Read 16492 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Of All Things to Consider, Consider Repealing Public Broadcasting
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2016, 10:52:58 pm »
If you are alluding to PBS, their slant and content on world history is strikingly liberal.

Leftist like Kenneth Burns, Bill Moyers, Henry Louis Gates dominate this POS.   

I'd rather have tax dollars go elsewhere, or at least somewhere neutral.

@catfish1957

Some of it is,and some of it isn't. Most of the Moyers and Burns stuff is filtered through their leftist lenses,but I think they are naive enough they believe it themselves.

The more modern "history in the making" stuff on PBS is usually pretty balanced,and sometimes downright harsh on leftist viewpoints. Of course the flip side of that is sometimes the very same show (Frontline is a good example) will air an episode that is brutal to the right.

None of this really bothers me because I WANT to know what the left is thinking and promoting so I can try to counter it,and because I like to think I am smart enough to be able to view anything they broadcast and separate the wheat from the chaff. Yeah,sometimes I do have to do some research of my own to satisfy my curiosity or prove a point to myself, but that's good to because it causes me to do the research and I usually end up learning something I didn't know before.

I do NOT want to live in a country where only one POV is broadcast,and as I wrote above,I am a firm believer in knowing what the enemy is up to.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2016, 10:57:38 pm »
If you say something that is not factual, then that may be the definition of one doing such.

You punch away instead of examining the facts.

Cannot have a discussion with someone with a burr under the saddle.

@IsailedawayfromFR

It's even harder to have a conversation with a fool,and you clearly qualify. I get upset when fools call me a liar because I am one of those old-fashioned people that considers that to be a provocative insult because I make a effort to never knowingly tell a lie.   Yeah,I have a burr under my saddle over this. You would call me a liar to my face exactly one time,and I would change your life forever.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2016, 12:06:20 am »
When a topic devolves into two people sniping at each other, it is time to lock it before people start dying of boredom.