Author Topic: Activists push to ban Holiday Season Song -- ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ because it promotes date rape  (Read 1880 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/06/activists-push-to-ban-baby-its-cold-outside-because-it-promotes-date-rape/

by Larry O'Connor

I wish this was a fake news satirical story, but sadly, it’s true. Liberal activists are outraged that the seasonal song Baby it’s Cold Outside should be banned because, wait for it, it promotes sexual harrassment and non-consensual sex.

It’s a movement that started a few years ago and has been taken up with more fervor and passion every Christmas season. But this season, the movement has gained steam because, according to HuffPo, a pair of songwriters have offered up alternate lyrics to make the song more politically correct, socially acceptable, and completely awful:

The duo, singer-songwriters Lydia Liza and Josiah Lemanski, told CNN that they felt that the original song was “aggressive and inappropriate,” arguing that the listener never finds out what happens to the woman in the song.

“You never figure out if she gets to go home. You never figure out if there was something in her drink. It just leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth,” said Liza.

The couple’s revised lyrics are adorably consensual, opening with “I really can’t stay” sung by Liza and “Baby, I’m fine with that” sung by Lemanski.

Most notably, when Liza sings, “I ought to say no, no, no,” Lemanksi responds with “You reserve the right to say no.”

The rest of the lyrics include a reference to Pomegranate La Croix (we’re unclear as to whether or not this flavor exists, but we’d totally drink it if it were real), as well as plans for a date at The Cheesecake Factory.

Here’s the audio for your listening displeasure:

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE SONG

Of course, these feminists aren’t the first reactionaries to raise a concern about the racy song. One Sayyid Qutb, Islamist and father of the Muslim Brotherhood which eventually brought us Al Qaeda was scandalized by the song when he lived in the US back in the 1950s as part of a student exchange program. In his book The America I Have Seen, the Egyptian wrote:

The dance hall convulsed to the tunes on the gramophone and was full of bounding feet and seductive legs … Arms circled waists, lips met lips, chests met chests, and the atmosphere was full of passion….And the Father chose. He chose a famous American song called ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside,’ which is composed of a dialog between a boy and a girl returning from an evening date.

So the American left, with their penchant for totalitarian control over our behaviors and thoughts, have come full circle and alligned with Islamist totalitarians who wish to do the same. Symetrical, right?

Meanwhile, let’s cleanse ourselves from having to ponder the PC version of this wonderful, Frank Loesser song by observing how it was utilized in the 1949 film Neptune’s Daughter where Ricardo Montelban seduces Esther Williams. Keep watching though. Because this date rape anthem is also used by Betty Garret to seduce Red Skelton. Outrageous… absolutely outrageous. No means no, Betty!

Offline SirLinksALot

LYRICS OF THE SONG:

I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry?
Father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some records on while I pour

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink? - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

I ought to say no, no, no - Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside

I've got to get home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your coat - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - Thrill when you touch my hand
Why don't you see - How can you do this thing to me?

There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Think of my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside
Oh, baby, it's cold outside
Oh, baby, it's cold outside

Offline r9etb

I wish this was a fake news satirical story, but sadly, it’s true. Liberal activists are outraged that the seasonal song Baby it’s Cold Outside should be banned because, wait for it, it promotes sexual harrassment and non-consensual sex.

Sometimes there's just not a hand big enough to deliver the size of slap required.

Wingnut

Sometimes there's just not a hand big enough to deliver the size of slap required.

A normal sized hand on those little snowflakes bottom's when they were young could have removed the need for a serious and repeated bitch slapping they deserve now.

Offline r9etb

A normal sized hand on those little snowflakes bottom's when they were young could have removed the need for a serious and repeated bitch slapping they deserve now.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
There's no answer to this level of stupidity. They don't complain about rap songs.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The funny thing is, the guy isn't even asking for sex, and the lyrics imply that it'll only be assumed that the sex happened and that she's more embarrassed about rumors than she is actually scared of being raped. He's just asking her to stick around.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline r9etb

The funny thing is, the guy isn't even asking for sex, and the lyrics imply that it'll only be assumed that the sex happened and that she's more embarrassed about rumors than she is actually scared of being raped. He's just asking her to stick around.

Oh, come on.... it's a very salacious song, especially for the time.  Anybody who listened to it back then would have taken it as such.

That said, the idiots who talk about it as "date rape" are slap-worthy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This classic song's featured in last year's Bill Murray Christmas special, A Very Murray Christmas.   If you've got Netflix, check it out - some great holiday music on there,  including the best take I've heard on the Pogues' Fairytale in New York.   
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:54:51 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I don't recommend to anyone to actually listen to this trash, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Anything a Black person or Muslim does is great! (no matter how horrible and despicable)
Anything a White person does is racist, sexist, and wrong.

These people are crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPECFQ4NhE
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I just...ummm...wow!   **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!