Author Topic: White House: Obama supports registering women for military draft  (Read 586 times)

rangerrebew

White House: Obama supports registering women for military draft
« on: December 02, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »
White House: Obama supports registering women for military draft
Gregory Korte and Tom Vanden Brook , USA TODAY 10:40 p.m. EST December 1, 2016

Both the White House and the Pentagon say the Selective Service System should register eligible women for a potential military draft. Newslook
AP REGISTERING FOR THE DRAFT Q&A A FILE USA GA

(Photo: John Bazemore, AP)

WASHINGTON — President Obama supports requiring women to register for Selective Service when they turn 18 — becoming the first president to endorse universal draft registration since Jimmy Carter.

"As old barriers for military service are being removed, the administration supports — as a logical next step — women registering for the Selective Service," said Ned Price, a spokesman for Obama's National Security Council.

The White House had previously expressed neutrality on the controversy, but took a position in a statement to USA TODAY on Thursday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/01/obama-supports-registering-women-military-draft/90449708/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:56:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: White House: Obama supports registering women for military draft
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:57:41 pm »
One thing that made me vote Trump was all the social experimentation in the military made by the Obama administration. Completely disgusting, unnecessary, and harmful.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:39:21 pm »
One thing that made me vote Trump was all the social experimentation in the military made by the Obama administration. Completely disgusting, unnecessary, and harmful.

You and me both.  That was one issue where I was pretty certain Trump would be better than Hillary.  And fortunately, Obama's opinion on this stuff will shortly be worthless.  Mattis is on record in a bunch of places criticizing the social engineering in the military.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:55 pm »
   And fortunately, Obama's opinion on this stuff will shortly be worthless.   

I can't remember a time when I thought Obama's opinion was anything but worthless because his opinions are based on lies of the media, his party, madam Clinton, and the lies he tells as a matter of course.